Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

28.

Two days later Amanda, was sitting at my kitchen table, jaw dropped and eyes wide. She had come over after I picked Bronx up from school and I had spilled, not able to keep what had happened to myself, especially since Brian had called too many times to count in the last 48 hours.

Amanda stared at me in a silent shock. It was a rare side of Mandi that had only been seen a handful of times before. The kitchen was silent, but I could hear Bronx rummaging around in the living room making collision and explosion noises.

"Well?" I questioned impatiently, "Any advice?"

Amanda seemed to shake herself out of it because the next thing I knew she was screeching loudly. I covered my ears as Bronx raced into the room, his sock-clad feet slipping on the tiling.

"What's wrong, Auntie Mandi?" he asked, tugging on her baggy t'shirt.

"Nothing, hon," she murmured, shrugging him off and not even looking away from me.

Bronx rolled his eyes when he realized he would get no where and disappeared back into the living room where he had his toys laid out on the floor, everywhere.

"So?" Mandi asked impatiently.

"So..?" I repeated, drawing out the word.

Mandi rolled her eyes. "How did it happen?"

I thought about this for a moment. The memories flashing through my mind. Brian's tattoos. His hair matted to his forehead. I shook my head, dislodging the thoughts before I murmured, "I'm not sure how it escalated to that, but he was here when Greg was being a total jackass and it just kind of... happened." I bit my lip, a smile on my face as I was lost in the memories. "But," I stated quickly, "It was wrong. I mean, he's getting married for Christ's sake!"

Amanda shrugged, making my jaw drop. "So," she murmured, "It's not like your the one getting married. If mister Synyster Gates can't keep it in his pants then it can't be your fault. I mean, can Michelle really hold that against you? I bet she couldn't stay away from him..." Mandi giggled at her own logic. It was either that or the outraged look on my face.

"Amanda!" I shouted, displeased with her way of justifying what Brian and I did.

"What?" she asked, "I would of done the same thing!"

I groaned and reached out to smack her. She giggled and dodged my hand before she shrugged.

"Mandi! What should I do?" I whined, tangling my fingers in my blond hair.

Once again Mandi shrugged. "There's only three decisions really... Either you completely ignore Syn, which you've been doing, or you get over the fact that you slept with the guy and be his friend." Mandi shrugged like it was simple, something that she had a habit of doing at the worst times.

"Or?" I coaxed, waiting for the third and final reason that Mandi could concoct in her sick mind.

"Oh, or you could keep on fucking the man," she said bluntly.

My eyes grew wide and I huffed in annoyance at Mandi's laid back attitude towards it all.

"Great, thanks Mands," I said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest and sitting back in my chair. The clock on the stove said 2:34, indicating that I had already been home from picking Bronx up for a couple of hours and yet Mandi and I hadn't solved one of my problems. We'd been sitting at my kitchen table for at least an hour and we'd done nothing but talk about my night with Brian, vividly.

Mandi grinned up at me cheekily as my phone began ringing from the living room. I sighed and yelled out, "Bronx! Don't answer that!" Before I wandered into the room. Bronx's toys laid every where. There were so many that it looked like he had a little toy utopia set up on the far side of the room stretching all the way onto to the coffee table. I stepped carefully over the mess and reached to grab the phone.
I quietly groaned when I noticed Brian's number popped up on the screen. I took a deep breath before I pressed the red button, silencing the call.

"Mommy!" Bronx yelled, "What'd you do that for?"

I shrugged. "I told you, babes. We're gonna be just the two of us for awhile. No more men."

Bronx groaned and tossed his toys onto the floor in front of him, unhappily.

"Sorry," I muttered, walking away and back into the kitchen where Mandi sat with a disappointed look on her face.

"That was not the right decision," she grumbled, glaring at me from her spot.

I shrugged at her, my eyes meeting hers. "It was the right one for Michelle."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image