Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

33.

"Dad!" I laughed through my cell phone as I glanced at Bronx through the rear view mirror, "We're on our way!"

Bronx shouted happily in the backseat knowing that we were headed to his fifth birthday party, "I'm excited Mommy!"

I grinned at him while my father replied, "I just don't understand how you're late for your own sons' birthday party..." he sighed.

I pulled my phone away from my ear as the call waiting beeped. Brian's name flashed on the phone and I grinned. "Dad, I've got to let you go. Brian's calling to get directions for him and the guys."

"Okay, honey. Just hurry up and get here, your brother is getting anxious."

I giggled and said goodbye once more before I flashed over. "Hey Bri," I greeted.

"Hey Niss, the guys and I need your parents' address."

I chuckled. "I figured." I spelt out the address for him and we hung up as the guys all piled into Brian's SUV to make the trek out to East L.A. I knew that Michelle was coming along and yet my nerves stayed in the pit of my stomach, only rising when I thought about Brian's chocolate eyes or his beautiful smile. Michelle had no effect on me, just the man that she could call hers. This would be the first time that I had seen all the guys since the peer a couple of weeks ago. Amanda had gone to a baseball game with Zacky and Gena but other than seeing Brian at my house she hadn't spent anymore time with the rest of them than I had.

Bronx and I drove quickly to my parents house that was about 40 minutes away on a good day. My phone kept vibrating in the cup holder with text messages from an anxious Brian asking where to go and what time we were supposed to be there. I chuckled to myself every time one of his texts came in, all frantic and cute at the same time.

Sooner or later we arrived at my parents house. Their yard was filled with balloons that were green and purple. Bronx's two favorite colors. There were cars up and down the street that belonged to friends' of my parents and people from work that I had invited.

"Come on Bronx," I cheered as I unbuckled him from his booster seat.

"Lets go, Mommy!" he shouted, grabbing my hand and rushing towards the front door. I grinned as we pushed the door open and my father stood on the other side wearing a grin the size of Europe.

"Hey Dad," I greeted, pulling him into a hug.

"Hello, Honey," he said before turning his attention to the rowdy five year old who was fidgeting, "Hello Birthday Boy!" My dad shouted loudly, catching the attention of those around us.

"Papa!" Bronx shouted and launched himself into his grandfather's waiting arms. My father carried him away, basking in the glory of his only grandchild.I looked around the room and smiled when I saw all my cousins, their kids and my father's brother, Uncle James.

My cell phone vibrated in my back pocket and I grinned at the name like I always did. I knew I would need to conceal myself better once they got here, but for now, I smiled and answered. "Hey, Bri, where are you guys?"

"We're pulling into the neighborhood. Which huge house is your parents?" he joked as the guys laughed in the back ground.

"It's 1880 Monroe St. It's a big brick house..." I trailed off, knowing that it wouldn't be hard to find in this state. Brian seemed to get that too.

"Found it. The one with all the cars."

I chuckled and glanced back to where my son had ran off and submerged himself with everyone else. "That'd be it. I'll come let you guys in," I said to Brian, excusing myself from the living room. I hung my phone up and wandered back to the front door. I pulled open the big door and hopped down the front steps as the guys, Michelle and Valary got out of their SUV.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted happily waving to everyone as I stood at the edge of the driveway, "Valary! Michelle! It's great to see you again." I smiled at them as everyone came waking up the grass. My nerves were sky-rocketing.

"It's nice to see you too, Nissa!" Valary cheered, pulling me in for an oblivious hug.

I smiled and hugged the woman back. Michelle smiled back at me and I hugged her as well, trying my best to remain composed and impartial. I greeted all the guys individually and soon enough I was leading them into my parents packed house.

"Woah," Matt murmured, "There are a lot of people here."

I nodded. "My friends and family."

"You've got a lot of friends," Zacky muttered, throwing his arm over my shoulder as we walked inside.
I grinned up at the green eyed guitarist and led the pack inside. I noticed Bronx was back in my father's arms and they hovered around my uncle. I paused in the doorway, excited to watch his expression.

"Bronx!" I shouted, "Look who's here!"

My father, my uncle and everyone else in the room looked over at the sound of Bronx's excited scream. My younger brother came wandering down the stairs and then stopped in shock and stared at the men standing around me.

"Nissa Georgia!" My brother shouted at me unhappily.

"Juliann Gabriel Chambers Junior!" I shouted back at him with a laugh as he came racing down the stairs, fumbling the whole way on the steps.

I took a step back as Juliann came hurdling towards me. Zacky still had his arm wrapped over my shoulder so he took a step back as well. The people at the party were watching us with interest. Some knew who the guys were and others were wondering why my fifteen year old brother was freaking out on me.

"How the fuck," Juliann shouted, but stopped when I pointed to Bronx who was in Brian's arms already, "frick do you know Avenged Sevenfold?"

I shrugged. "We're old friends."

Everyone in the room laughed as Zacky leaned forward to kiss my cheek and nod at Juliann.

"Guys," I said to the band, "this is my baby brother, Juliann Jr."

Juliann stared with his mouth wide as the guys and twins said their hellos.

"Uhh," Juliann stuttered, "hey."

I laughed and turned my attention to my son who was draped lazily in Brian's arms. "How are you enjoying your birthday so far, baby?" I asked, unbelievably happy that my son was in his glory.

"It's amazing!" Bronx yelled, hanging off of Brian like his life depended on it.

After a little while everyone broke off into their own groups. The guys, the twins, my brother and I wandered around chatting about nothing at all. Two and a half hours and a giant ice cream cake later my father decided that it was time for Bronx to open his presents. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Brian snuck out the front door after whispering to my mother, Nytasha, who smiled and pushed him towards the door.

My eyes narrowed as Johnny shoed me over to the couches and had me sit down with my five year old in my lap, the guests scattered around us, watching my boy.

"Nana's and Papa's first!" Bronx cheered, reaching out for the biggest present in the bunch. It ended up being a Nerf laser gun set with vests that vibrated, made noise and lit up when you got hit by a colored laser, another person.

My aunt and uncle got Bronx a new bike. My cousin Farrah and her son Caleb handed Bronx a big box full on random Transformer toys. Farrah's brothers, my male cousins, Frankie, Frances, and Francisco all gave Bronx some form of toy trucks that their own sons enjoy. My parent's friends handed Bronx cards with money in them, unsure of what their friends' grandson would want for his fifth birthday.

After Amanda, Nadine, and Maggie gave Bronx their neatly wrapped gifts, Brian and Zacky came walking over with two huge boxes in their arms. I glared at Brian, knowing that he had gone against me when I told him not to get Bronx anything expensive.

The guests watched as the guitarists brought over the boxes and laid them in front of Bronx. Bronx stood up and peered at the wrapped things cautiously before he began tearing into the Tonka Truck wrapping paper.

Bronx gasped when he opened the first box, there was an amp sitting in front of us with the word Spider written on it and the number four. There was a signed Avenged Sevenfold poster tucked neatly in the back that Bronx ranted and raved over as my brother sat jealously on the couch next to me.

By then I had already known that in the other narrow box there was a guitar, but when the wrapping paper came off I gasped at the Avenged Sevenfold case that was signed by not only the four of them but The Rev as well. Matt helped Bronx open the case and inside was a shiny right-handed replica of the black and gold Schecter guitar of Zacky's.

Bronx stood silent in front of the guitar and then he launched himself at the guys. Zacky caught the heavy kid and chuckled as Bronx shouted with happiness. I caught Brian's eye and I shook my head at him. He raised his hand in defense as he walked over to me.

"What?" he questioned, his tone low. "It wasn't that much," he added.

My slight glare didn't lessen and I crashed my shoulder into him. "How much?" I demanded, unbelievably shocked that he would spend so much money on my five year old child.

Brian shrugged and then shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Niss. It's not like it puts a dent in my lifestyle. Bronx is a good kid. He deserves it."

I bit my bottom lip and pushed tears away. He was too nice to my child and it wasn't fair to him. I turned and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, my head on his chest. "Thank you, Brian," I murmured, "You're so good to him."

I felt Brian's fingers on my back. "You're welcome."

I pulled away slowly as I found my sense again. I wasn't oblivious to the cautious gaze that Michelle had on us. I moved on to hug the rest of the guys one by one.

"Bronx, say thank you," I instructed, turning back to his side as Zacky showed him some things about it.

"Thank you," Bronx cheered excitedly, throwing his arms in the air as Brian reached down and plucked him from the floor. Both of them looking similarly excited by the present, almost as if Bri and the guys took pride in introducing my son to his first instrument.

Bronx loaded his guitar back into his signed case ran off to play with his cousins - my cousins boys, Caleb, Oliver, Alexander and Nathaniel Jay and was practically out of sight until the party wound down. I helped the guys carry Bronx's presents out to my car as the guests, my parents' friends left. Maggie and Mandi came walking out of the open front door as Johnny shoved the last toy into my car.

I grinned. I had told Maggie yesterday, Friday, that she could meet the guys today at Bronx's party and now she came towards us, my best friend leading the nervous girl to our large group. "Hey Mags." I chuckled at her wide-eyed expression. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

Maggie nodded quickly, causing the group of us to chuckle at her lack of words. As the guys shut my car doors and turned around, I introduced them. "This is Margaret Church, she's an intern at my father's firm," I told everyone, "Maggie, that's Matt, Valary, Zacky, Johnny, Brian and Michelle." I finished with a smile as Maggie managed to wave nervously.

"It's amazing to meet you," she said, slightly composing herself.

"Do you guys want to come to my place?" I questioned, "I could use some help carrying all Bronx's new, expensive," I darted my hand out to smack Brian in the chest, "stuff into my house."

The Avenged Sevenfold group exchanged looks and then Brian answered for them. He was the contact between us, it seemed, and I wondered why that happened naturally with everyone else. He pressed his fingers against the spot where I hit him and grinned playfully. "Only if you stop hitting people," he answered, crossing his arms over his chest as Michelle's arm snaked around his waist.

I glanced at Amanda and Maggie, who gave me two separate looks. Mandi's was a warning, Maggie's was pleading. I looked away from my best friend and nodded. "That sounds like something I could agree to."