Status: On Hiatus

Adopted by the Volturi, & I'm Blind

Prologue

Pain.
That’s all I can remember.
That, and it’s best friends named Hate, Anger, and Loneliness.
All of that has been my life that was given to me by my “parents”. The abuse was terrible, but it couldn’t even compare to the abuse other kids in the world face. My ‘father’ was insane and a pyromaniac, while my ‘mother’ was a drug addict and a prostitute. Don’t forget about her also being suicidal.
Though throughout the years of torture, only one day was absolutely vivid to me. The thing that might shock you, was that I was only six and a half years old. I’m ten and three quarters now.
I was cleaning up after my ‘parent’s mess, with my small hands as best as I could. Kin was going to be home any minute, how did I know? He was my twin. My parents were at least somewhat nice to him. Well, not hitting him and torturing him every day was considered nice to me.
I could hear tires squealing against the sidewalk. They’re home.
Going as fast as I could on my short legs, I through all of the trash into the waste bins. They hadn’t been home for a while, and I was hoping they got caught by the police or went to get help. If only. I didn’t want to live this way for the rest of my life. I just wanted to find my prince and live in a nice house and for my brother to do the same with his princess.
“Maemi!” my brother, Kin, said to me as he ran through the door. He reached me in the kitchen and hugged me. Even though I was still bruised from my last beating, I hugged him despite the pain.
“Kin!” I said as hugged him. His tanned skin was flushed from running to me and his black hair ruffled. He was also sweaty. Ew.
“Daddy and Mommy are coming right now.” he told me, happily.
He didn’t know about the beatings, but I always thought that he had somewhat sensed the truth. Plus, I never wanted to show him the scars and bruises.
“I never realized, how good he smelled until now.” I heard dad’s voice, barely. It sounded as if he was inhaling my scent, even though I was far away from him.
“I know.” mothers voice, menacing.
I bit my lip. I hadn’t finished cleaning up! I could hear the footsteps of my parents advance and cringed. I felt more than saw the question mark on my twin’s face.
“WHAT IS THIS FILTH?!” I heard my mother say, as I stopped embracing my brother.
She towered over me, I was barely four feet tall, and she was almost six feet tall with her heels on. Her hands were on her hips and my father glared down at me.
“I- I didn’t fi-finish my chores mo-mommy.” I stuttered through my explanation.
“Unacceptable.” she said, as my father took off his belt and cracked his neck.
Oh no. Anything but his belt. Anything but. Mother smacked across the face and Kin gasped.

Don’t hurt her!” he yelled at them, putting me behind his small body.
I was about to object, but the word’s that came out of my father’s mouth surprised me. And terrified me.
“Maemi, go to your room. Now.” he said. His words froze me on the spot, I don’t know why. I just couldn’t move. He turned to glare at me and I rushed up the stairs to the tiny little room Kin and I shared.
Hiding in the corner, I began to hear screams.
No. They wouldn’t- couldn’t- why were they hurting him?!
I softly and quietly ran down the stairs and looked from the doorway. I could barely see what was happening. As I saw Kin on the ground, bleeding, broken, bruised, and in serious pain.
“HOW DARE YOU DEFY US?!!” my ‘mother’ said as she beat him.
I could barely recognize him, his face was practically deformed. My hands immediately went to my mouth as I saw the horror before me. I couldn’t move, speak, not even scream. It was like when father glared at me. Then I realized, he wasn’t in the kitchen with my mother. I turned around, and saw him with a bottle of Bleach. What was he going to do with it?. . .
He pounced on me. I was pinned to the ground.
“Since you apparently don’t want to see your brother having fun, then DON’T SEE AT ALL!!!” he said as ripped open the bottle of bleach with two of his fingers.
The whitening solution flowed into my wide, open eyes. It burned, and hurt, oh so badly. I couldn’t scream, thrash, or cry, no matter how much I wanted to. The pain was the worst I’ve ever felt. Quickly, my vision began to fade.
I felt him get off of me and back away slowly. I could practically hear the sinister smile on his face. When he was about ten paces away from my small self, I began thrash around and scream. I screamed like a damn banshee, and my hands flew up to my eyes. The pain only intensified. For some reason I knew that Kin was dead, there was an emptiness where there wasn’t before.
Kin, my twin had died.

And I had been blinded by my parents’ sick and twisted desires.


I woke up breathing heavily.
After what seemed hours, someone finally heard my screams of agony. They called the police. They told me that my parents were long gone by the time they got there, and my brother had died. In a cruel and barbaric way. I spent many days in the hospital recuperating. Getting practically drunk on pain killers and going to therapy.
I felt to my right and felt my bunny. Good old Sleepy. Sleepy was my stuffed bunny. He always let me relax and sleep when I had memories like the one I just had. I got out of bed, with Sleepy in hand, and walked out of my room.
Even though I was completely and utterly blind, I had excellent hearing because of it. I padded my way to Michael’s room and opened the door. Michael was an orphan and lived in the foster home/orphanage here with me. He was a teenager, 16 I think, and he was my only friend.
I found his bed and climbed in with him. I usually did this when I had a nightmare, or dreamt of that night.
Plus, he was comfy. His heartbeat was nice and steady.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story, one of the twilight fan-fics I came up with. If this is sucky, I'll post a different one.