I'm a Fake

Happy in Different Ways

The next few weeks went by smoothly. Frank and I were a happy couple. It was an unspoken agreement of sorts. Frank never exactly asked me to be his girlfriend. It just sort of happened. Frank was happy we were together. I was happy too, but for different reasons. I had it all planned. How I was going to bring Frank down. I just needed to wait for the right moment.

It was now Friday night, a few weeks after Frank and I had first kissed. We were sitting together on the couch, cuddling and watching TV. Frank’s mom came in and smiled at us.

“You two are so cute,” she said, smiling. I smiled back. She looked at us for a moment before speaking again. “I just wanted to let you two know that I’m leaving for a business trip tomorrow. I’m unfortunately not going to be home for a week. So I’ll be back next Saturday. Are you two going to be ok by yourselves?”

“Yeah, Mom,” said Frank. I nodded.

“Ok,” said Linda. Frank’s mom didn’t want me to call her Mrs. Iero anymore. I had to call her by her first name. “I just have two rules. One: No sex and Two: No parties. Got it?”

“Yes,” said Frank. I just nodded again.

“Ok,” said Linda. “Well, I’m going to bed and then I’m leaving early tomorrow, probably before you two wake up. So good night and see you next weekend.”

“Good night, Mom,” said Frank.

“Have a safe trip,” I added. Linda came over and gave us each a kiss on our foreheads.

“Good night,” said Linda again as she went up to bed.

Frank and I looked each other and smiled. Maybe I’d try and go through with my plan sometime this week. I’ll just have to move things along faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. Enjoy~
-Sally