I'm a Fake

"Maybe you're right."

When I got back to Frank’s house, Linda’s car was in the driveway. I went into the house and headed toward the sound of Frank and Linda’s voices. They were in the kitchen.

“Hey Vanessa!” said Linda, when she saw me. “Where’d you run off to?”

“I went to go see my mom,” I said. I wasn’t going to tell them why I went to see her.

“That’s good,” Linda said, smiling. “How’s she doing?”

“Good, I think,” I said.

“That’s good,” she said.

“How was your trip?” I asked.

“It was good,” Linda replied. We all stood in silence for a few seconds. “Well, I think I’m going to go get unpacked and then take a nap. I’m exhausted.”

“Ok,” I said. Linda left the room and I heard her go upstairs.

When I heard her go into her room, Frank spoke to me.

“Why’d you go see your mom?” asked Frank.

“To visit her. She’s my mom,” I said. “Do I need a reason to go visit her?”

“You would have visited her sooner if you were just visiting,” he said.

“If you really want to know,” I started. I decided I’d tell him the real reason I went to see her. “I wanted to know if there’s a relative I could stay with instead of just staying here.”

“Is there?” Frank asked.

“I have an aunt in Florida that I might get to stay with,” I said, staring at his face. Frank frowned a little.

“Oh,” he said. He looked hurt.

“Frank,” I said. He looked at me. “I might go stay with her. I think it would be best right now.”

Frank nodded his head.

“Yeah,” he said. “Maybe you’re right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so there will most likely be a sequel to this. I don't know how many more chapters are left for this story. But it will probably end soon. :P Feedback?
~Sally