Trashed and Scattered

The Dinner

A little bit after I took a shower they called us down for dinner. Me, Hannah and Gerard walked down to the main lobby thing and followed where everyone else was going. It lead us to a dining hall that had a huge table with about 15 or so chairs around it me, Hannah and Gerard made sure we sat together since we didn't really know anyone else.

Sitting at the table I noticed something, all the people here were guys. The only girls were me and Hannah. I don't know why this intimidated me but it sort of did. A minute later Mr.West walked in and walked to the end of the table. He took off the silver top of a platter of food. There was an omlette sitting there.

"Well I was going to make a toast but this will do just fine." He said, he cut into the omlette. "To our new guests." Then he took a bite. His face took a turn for the worst and he
spit the omlette out.

"Did you notice while cooking that these eggs are off." Henry said to a guy who I assumed cooked it.

"I thought the salt would cover the taste sir." He said.

"Get rid of it." Henry said. Some men got up from the table and took the omlette off the table and out of the room. Sighs of disappointment went around the room.

"Man I thought it was christmas when I saw that thing." One of the men said.

"Heh your still waiting for Bloomingdale's to re-open." Another one of the men said.

"Maybe the world will be normal again one day." I was just kind of sitting back listening to their conversations.

"What is normality anyway." This one guy said, that statement stuck out to me. "If you think about it, in the long run humans have only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection was to wipe us all out it would be a return to normality." He was really deep.

"Have you met our new age sargent." One man said. "Tell me, why did you join the army anyways."

"You know what I think?" Mr.West said. "When this infection started you know what I saw? People killing people. Which is exactly what I saw the week before the infection started and the week before that, and for as long as I can remember. People killing people."

Just as he said that there was an ear shattering explosion that shook the house. When that rang through the air the men ran out of the room shouting 'Infected on the grounds'.