Trashed and Scattered

In a Heartbeat

I let out a scream as it tackled me to the ground. I held the thing by the neck as it tryed to bite at me, I didn't really expect it to be this strong. Then it was pulled off of me. I looked up to see Chris push it to the ground. Gerard came up and stuck the machette in its head, immediatly it went limp. I saw Chris go over in the corner. Gerard turned to me.

"Did you get bitten." He asked.

"No." I said.

"Did any of the blood get in your mouth". He said.

"No." He turned his attention to Chris who was holding his arm. Gerard looked at his arm.

"You got bitten." He said.

"Please don't." Chris pleaded.

"I have to." And then Gerard took his machette and sliced through Chris's skin, hitting him again and again with the sharp blade. I closed my eyes, I couldn't bear to see anymore.

"We have to leave now." Gerard said. I opened my eyes to see him coming away from Chris's now dead body. Gerard reached a hand for my I took it and he pulled me up.

"Why do we have to leave." I asked.

"More infected will be coming they always do." He said. "Do you have any other clothes here that you can get changed into?"

"Yeah."

"Go get changed and we'll leave." He said. I nodded and walked up the stairs. I walked into my old room it was exactly as I left it nothing was out of place. I got some clothes out of my dresser and put them on. I walked back down the stairs and saw Gerard standing by the front door.

"Come on lets go." He said. We walked out the door and back down my street we were now back in the downtown area. The skyscrapers seemed so desolate and empty.

"Just so you know if you get bitten I'll do the same thing to you in a heartbeat." Gerard said. Wow he really has lost all of his emotions.