Trashed and Scattered

Thoughts of Salvation

GERARDS POV

I woke up to see Selena still sleeping. I quietly got out of bed and walked out of the room. I walked into the living room where I saw Frank sitting on the couch.

"Gerard come here I want to show you something." He said.

"Ok." I said hesitantly following him. He took me out of the appartment and up two more flights of stairs to a door that said roof. Frank opened the door and I looked out to see a bunch of buckets scattered around. I walked out.

"Woah whats with all the buckets." I asked trying not to step on any of them.

"Well with the coming of baisically the end of the world the water shut off. So we came up with this we'd catch the rain. But bloody hell it hasn't rained in days." He paused. "I never thought we'd need rain so badly. Not in bloody England."

"Yeah." I said looking at the desolate city that surrounded me.

"So whats your story?" He asked.
"Well me and my family came here on vacation and when the infection hit then my dad took all the money we had to try to get us on a plane back to the USA. Well that didn't work. In the airport my parents and my brother died, I was lucky enough to make it out alive." I said remembering the horrible day in my mind. I remembered after that day I just threw my emotions out the window because I knew if I was emotional I'd never make it out alive. I heard the door to the roof open and shut. Me and Frank looked behind us. There was Selena.

"What are you guys doing out here?" She asked.

"Just talking." Frank said. "But both of you I wanted you to hear something." He took out a crank up radio. He cranked it up and put it to a station. This is what it said.

'Salvation is here. We have the answer to infection. We are at the 42nd blockade northwest of Manchester.'

Then it just started repeating itself again.

"Well if they have the answer then we have to go." Selena said.

"No if it repeats then it means it's a recording they could all be dead." I said.

"But how will we know if we don't try." A voice said from behind us. It was Hannah.

"Yes I've never wanted to try it becasue if something happened to me then Hannah would be alone." Frank said.

"I don't know." I said skeptically.

"Please we can't stay here that much longer we'll run out of supplies." Hannah said. Finally I caved.

"Alright but how are we going to get there we can't just walk." I said. Hannah smirked.

"Come on we're not that stupid we have a car." She said. So that day we packed up everything we had and prepared to leave the next morning.