Trashed and Scattered

Off to Manchester

*Back in Selena's POV*

The next morning we woke up and got all of our stuff in the car. We were reallly going to risk our lives on hope for a better place to be. We got in the car and started the long two day drive to Manchester. For about two hours the drive was silent.

"Hey guys you know we're going to have to find some place to get gas." Frank said from his place in the drivers seat.

"Yeah and food I don't think I can survive 2 days without food." I said from my seat in the back with Hannah. I looked out the window and saw a grocery store.

"Stop the car." I said. I got out and motioned for them to follow. We walked into the grocery store. "Time to shop." I said. We all got a shopping cart and started to get things we needed. I ran into Gerard in the candy aisle.

"If I never saw another chocolate bar It would be to soon." He said. "That would be excluding reeses though." He said grabbing a bag of Reeses. I laughed. We all got stuff we'd need and walked to the front of the store. We were about to walk out.

"Wait." Frank said. He laid a credit card down by a cash register. "That oughta cover it." I smiled and we walked out of the store with all of our food. We put the food away quickly and started driving again. The only problem we still have to deal with is gas and where to sleep.

We were back on the open highway roads again, on our way to Manchester England.

"You guys we still haven't worked out the situation of where we can sleep." I said.

"We'll figure it out soon." Frank said softly with a glint of hope in his voice. We drove on in a pit of silence just wanting to get out of this nightmare. I saw that we were coming up to a dark tunnel.

Tunnels had always scared me, I never liked them. We drove into it but soon stopped because there was a big pile up of cars.

"Shit." Gerard said.

"Watch your language." I said giving him a look that meant there was a child here.

"So how are we going to get over it." I said.

"Like this." Frank reved up the car and started driving over the pile up. It was quite fun to say the least. Then when we were coming off all the cars we hit a piece of glass and the tire popped. Frank pulled over to the side of the tunnel and we got out of the car.

"Bloody hell." He said.

"Don't worry I've done this before." Hannah said.

"Your right we can do this." Frank said. Her and Frank walked to the trunk of the car and got out a spare tire. Hannah got on the ground and started changing the tire.

I heard something out of my ear.

"Shh do you hear that." I said. It was a sound of really small shuffling. Thats when a flood of rats came running at us. Me and Hannah screamed, I flailed my arms until the rat tsunami was over.

"Holy shit." I said.

"Language." Gerard mocked me. "Wait I hear something else." Then on the wall of the tunnel I saw the shadow of people running at us.

"They were running from the infected." I yelled. "Hurry put the tire on." Hannah took the tire off as the infected bunch came into view. There was easily over a hundred of them.

"Ok everyone lift the car we don't have a jack." Frank said. So we ran to the side with no tire and lifted it up. Hannah put the spare tire on and got up.

"Drop the car." she said. The infected were merely ten feet from the car and moving closer. We all dropped the car down and Hannah got up quickly from the ground. I grabbed her hand and we all tried to pile into the car. We got in and closed the doors. The infected were now swarming the car. Frank started the car and drove, we got out of the tunnel, all of us were exhausted.

"How about we find somewhere safe to sleep." Frank said.

"I'll go for that one." I said, Gerard and Hannah agreed also.

A few miles down the road we found an old house.

"Should we try this one." Frank asked.

"It would't hurt to try." Gerard said. Frank pulled into the drivway of the house and we got out. I don't like this house, I don't like it at all.