Trashed and Scattered

Stolen Thoughts

Me, Hannah, Frank and Gerard walked up to the door of the old wooden farm house. Frank took the handle of the door, turned it and pushed the door open. Frank walked in first and we all followed him. There was a lightswitch to my left. I flipped it up. Lights actually came on.

"Woah it still works." I said. There was still furnature in the house and it was beautifully decorated.

"Well I have to go to the bathroom so I'm gonna go find one." Gerard said walking out of the room.

"How about we eat some of the food we got." Hannah suggested.

"Alright lets go get it." I said. Me and Hannah walked outside and grabbed some of the things we had bought. Quickly we walked back inside scared that some of the infected could find us. I put the food in the kitchen. After Gerard came back out we sat on the floor in the living room seeing as the furniture was torn up.

We began having a small picnic I guess you could say.

"Oh my gosh this is so good." I said eating some canned oranges.

"I know all of it is great." Gerard said cramming some of a sandwich in his mouth, I laughed.
After we were done eating we decided to go outside to unpack the car because we had brought blankets and stuff. Me and Gerard walked around the house while Hannah and Frank were getting the stuff inside.

"You know what I was thinking." I said.

"Your thinking you'll never hear another piece of original music again... you'll never read a book that hasn't already been writting or see a film that hasn't already been shot." Gerard said.

"Um thats what you were thinking." I said.

"No I was thinking, I was wrong." He said.

"About what."

"All the death, all the shit. It doesn't really mean anything to Frank and Hannah bedause well she's got her dad and he's got his daughter so I was wrong when I said staying alive was as good as it gets." He said.

"You see." I said. "Thats what I was thinking."

"Was it."

"You stole my thought." I said. I felt his lips peck my cheek.

"Sorry." He said.

"Its ok keep it." I said. I smiled and walked back into the house. Gerard made me happy for the first time since I woke up in the hospital.