Status: active

Little Remains

Evert and Pierre

The car journey was an hour, I kept following her though.

Finally she stopped at a house, it was in the countryside and fairly isolated. I shrugged away my nerves knowing it wasn’t the time to be afraid.

Kate searched around, I crouched down but it was too late. She looked angry, she knocked on the door and a few people were then outside alongside her. Kate looked so different and unfamiliar to me. My head was yelling at me to drive away and never look back. I didn’t do that though, Kate was my friend and I wasn’t going to abandon her just like that.

Anyway it was all too quick for my mind to register. Two men in their twenties ran towards my car. One was blonde and tall and the other man appeared to be shorter with very dark hair.

The car doors were locked; they soon figured that fact out. The blonde man picked up a large stone but Kate ran over and whispered to him. His straight face appeared much friendlier to me.

Kate knocked gently on the passenger’s window and I pulled it down. She smiled at me.

‘’Lucy, you so scared. You should calm down’’ she said. ‘’ I’m just concerned’’ I admitted ‘’there’s a murderer or two around’’.

Kate smiled and rolled her eyes. ‘’Come on in and you can meet the others. I forgot to introduce these boys’’ she laughed ‘’they’re protective you see’’.

‘’No’’ I acted surprised. I still felt afraid near to beyond it precisely.

‘’Anyway you can relax. This is Evert’’ she told me pointing at the blonde man. ‘’And this is Pierre’’ she pointed at the dark haired man.

‘’Hi I’m Lucy’’ I whispered at unease.

‘’ Yes. We know’’ Evert said, his voice was a thick German accent. The way he said those made me feel a whole lot worse.

I could be over-reacting and I did trust Kate.

‘’It’s going to be fine’’ I whispered so quiet to myself as we headed towards the house. Pierre looked at me and I smiled but it was false.

There were so many doubts.