Leave It Up To Fate

Chapter 1

It has been a year since I have seen or spoken to Tyler. I felt terrible for the way I left him but there was no other way for me to heal. So much has gone on in this year. I still talked to Tyler's family, especially Colbie. When she found out I wasn't going to go back to college she invited me on tour with her to make money. I would write songs with her and take pictures of the shows. I was having a blast but being around them reminded me so much of Tyler and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him.

"So, are you excited to be doing a home town show?" I asked Cole as we sat in the bus.

"Yeah, definitely! I love playing shows where my family is there and I feel at home," she said, "And after this we get a break!" she smiled big.

Colbie and Jason were finally getting married. I was going to be a bridesmaid and Julia was her maid of honor. Jason's best man was his best friend Billy and Tyler would be another groomsmen. They didn't want the wedding party to big but there would be a long list of people at the ceremony and reception. I was super happy for them.

I heard the oovoo incoming call coming from Cole's laptop and she pressed accept.

"Aunt Coleeee!" I heard an oh so familiar voice yell out.

"Hey bud!" she said just as enthusiastically but not before looking over at me to judge my reaction. "How ya doing?"

"I'm good, football is great, really gets my mind off of everything,"

"Yeah, how are you dealing with everything?" she asked knowing I would want to hear.

"I mean best I can. I finally moved out of that apartment, it hurt way too much. Having the baby's room and having to sleep on the same bed that I used to share with Madds, it was just way too hard. I am living in the football house again, the guys are all really cool about everything," he said making a tear run down my face, "How is she doing?" he asked quietly.

"She's not the best but getting there," she slyly looked over at me real quick, "She misses you, you know,"

"Yeah, well then she should've stayed," he snapped.

"Tyler..."

"Sorry, but you expect me to not be a little upset? The love of my life just walked out when things got a little too hard for her. Things were hard for me too! She should've gave me a freaking chance to get through it together. She should've let me help her!" he said not angry but frustrated.

"I know, sweetie," Colbie comforted, "I can see your really not over it,"

"Not at all. Aunt Cole I am just saw lost without her, but I don't think I could trust her enough to get back together," he said quiety, "God I love her, but she is too freaking stubborn," he chuckled, "I just can't wait to come home, who know maybe it will help me,"

"I don't know but I'm excited to see you!"

Tears were freely falling down my face. I got up and ran to the back of the bus before I let out a sob and lost my cover. I picked up a notebook and got to writing. I finished the song within 10 minutes and got right down to the music. Once I finished I played it and I loved it.

"That would be a hit, but that is definitely not a song I would want to sing, I would ruin it. It's definitely a song only you could sing and I wouldn't do it any justice. That was the most emotion I have seen you put into a song in a while," Colbie said smiling when she walked in.

▼▲

Tyler's POV

"Bye guys," I said leaving my housemates and teammates.

"Good luck with everything Adams," Ryan another freshman that lived in the house and the person I'm closest to.

"Thanks man,"

The drive to the venue seemed so long because all I did was think and make myself nervous. I knew I would most likely end up seeing Maddie tonight for the first time in a year. She has avoided me this entire year. Every time I tried to get in contact with her, or when I was home on break she would always avoid seeing or talking to me. It's embarrassing but I always have that letter and a picture of us on me at all times. I never wanted to forget her or even get over her cause I know she is the one I am meant to be with. We had a baby together, we will always have that connection and bond of sharing a child, it will never go away.

I pulled up to the venue Aunt Cole was playing and texted her to let her know I was here. I went up the the bodyguard who automatically let me in. I walked backstage knowing exactly where I was going since I have been here so many times to watch her shows. I walked right up her dressing room, she told me to just walk in. I opened the door and was shocked my what I saw.

There stood my Maddie. She turned around and saw me both of us just stared at each other in shock before I just turned around and walked away.

"Tyler!" I was hoping it would be Maddie who called me but it was my aunt.

"Hey!" I said still in shock, "I thought you said to go to your dressing room,"

"Oh my gosh I completely forgot! Maddie was in there wasn't she?"

"Yeah..."

"Ty, I'm so sorry,"

"It's okay,"

"Well, your parents are right over there waiting for you. Jason is almost off stage so that means I'm up next so you guys better get out there," I gave her a hug real quick before walking over to my family.

"Tyler! How are you?!" My mom exclaimed wrapping me in a huge hug, "I missed you sweetie,"

"Missed you too Ma," I responded, "Hey Lucy Luce," I said picking her up and tickling her.

"We should probably get out there," my mom said. The three of us walked out there but I held Lucy. Our seats were the best of course. First row right in the center.

My aunt was amazing as usual but what she did next absolutely surprised me.

"So, I am going to do something I have never done before. A really good friend of my family joined me on tour. She is an amazing song writer. Some of the songs I have sang she has actually written," I knew exactly who she was talking about, "She wrote a song last night. I told her that this is the one song I wouldn't sing for her. After much convincing I got my little stage frightened basically little sister to come out on stage and sing it for y'all." she looked straight at me for this next part," There is someone in this audience who I think needs to listen to every word to this song and know nothing is really ever over. Without further adieu, Madison Davies."

Maddie walked on stage hugging Aunt Cole quickly before taking a seat on a stool in front of the piano, with a guitar hung around her back. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing a short dress that showed off her long amazing legs, that I missed entangling in mine as we slept. I smiled when I saw that she wasn't wearing heels but flat boots, taking her back to her roots. Her hair was pulled up and out of her face so you could see her beautiful eyes.

"So, everyone has had at least one regret in life, right?" Maddie asked into the mic as she started playing the piano. Everyone responded in screams. "Well, this was mine. Letting him go," she said looking me straight in the eyes and stood up as she began to sing and strum her guitar.

I miss those blue eyes
How you kissed me at night
I miss the way we sleep
Like there's no sunrise
Like the taste of your smile
I miss the way we breathe

But I never told you
What I should have said
No I never told you
I just held it in
And now I miss everything
About you
I can't believe I still want you
After all the things we've
Been through
I miss everything about you
Without you

I see your blue eyes
Every time I close mine
You make it hard to see
Where I belong to when I'm not
Around you
It's like I'm not with me

But I never told you
What I should have said
No I never told you
I just held it in
And now I miss everything
About you
I can't believe I still want
You
After all the things we've
Been through
I miss everything about you
Without you

But I never told you
What I should have said
No I never told you
I just held it in
And now I miss everything
About you
(still you're gone)
Can't believe that I still want
You
After all the things we've
Been through
I miss everything about you
Without you
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter one! not too long but it gives you a basis for what's going to happen in this story. I really hope a lot of my readers from the prequel are still reading! :)

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE
it seriously makes my day :)

--Lauren

links..
Picture of Maddie and Ty **I know that's not Maddie but let's pretend :)
Maddie Concert outfit