Leave It Up To Fate

Chapter 19

"Um, wow Ty... I mean of course I want to be a mom. I want us to be parents again. Obviously I want to have children with you but I mean now?" I asked confused and taken back by his question as we sit in the silence of our car.

"Well, yeah," he said still looking down.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to have kids with you someday, but do you really think we are ready now?"

"If Luke and Taylor are ready, we are definitely ready," he said finally looking up at me.

"Is that what has you thinking this? Are you jealous of them or something?" I feared offending him with that comment.

"You think I'm jealous?"

"Well, why else would you randomly be thinking this?"

"Is it that awful to think about having children with the girl I love?" he was definitely offended.

"Ty--" I was cut off.

"We have already had a child together anyway! It's not that weird of me to think about having another one with you, is it? We have basically been together for over 2 years! We are mature for our age, already starting our lives--" it was my turn to cut him off.

"That's just it--"

"You know what, forget I even asked." he said unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car. I followed his steps as we walked into the apartment.

Once we were inside he went straight into our bedroom as I lagged behind and let out a frustrated sigh. Once I got into our room, I changed into pajamas and then went into our bathroom to find Tyler standing there in just a pair of shorts brushing his teeth.

I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and kissed his back lightly.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I wasn't meaning to offend you when I asked if you were jealous because honestly when Taylor first told me, I was too. But then the call came that I got signed and I don't know just everything that happened last night with the ring thing. I just feel like we finally get a chance to do this right.

"Get married, have a dream wedding and then have kids. The way it's supposed to be. I want to get my feet on the ground and get established in this company and confident in what I'm doing because when we have kids we don't only have our relationship to think about anymore."

Tyler leaned over the sink to spit out his toothpaste and then rinse his toothbrush before I began talking again.

"Everyday I think about what it would have been like right now," I began to cry which he was quick to realize. Even though he was mad at me he pulled me around front of him and lifted me onto the counter placing his hands on my legs.

"I just- I wonder how different everything would be. Right now we would have a little girl running around the apartment, just learning how to take her first steps and saying little words like Ma Ma and Da Da. I know it sounds stupid--"

"It's not stupid" he said lifting his hand to my cheek wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"I just, I do wish we could have that. And I want that for us but we are both finally learning to accept this and I just think we need to focus on us and doing everything the right way from now on. Once we are married and have solid careers, yes I would love to have a million kids with you," I smiled at the end.

"A million huh?"

"Okay maybe not a million, how bout two?"

"How about we figure that out when the time comes?" he smiled.

"I'd like that," I smiled back.

"Good. I'm sorry for getting you upset. I hate to see you cry. I just- seeing them so happy and thinking we could of had that, we should've had that. But I agree we need to do this the right way. Get settled and everything. I need to figure out what I am going to do and you need to get ready to start recording and everything. I'm not mad, I love you so much," Tyler explained.

"I love you too," I responded leaning into kiss him lightly.

"Now let's get to bed. I am exhausted. Being the most amazing QB Clemson's ever had takes a lot out of you," he sighed with a smirk

I giggled and hit his arm before he lifted me up bridal style and carried me to our bed. We laid in each others arms until we slowly fell asleep.

***

2 Months Later

Taylor is now 4 months pregnant. Soon she should be able to find out the sex of the baby which is very exciting! Tyler and I are so happy for them.

Today Tyler has something planned for me but I am not quite sure what it is. I have been told to stay with Taylor all day while Luke and Tyler were doing whatever they were doing.

"I wonder what Ty has planned for tonight," I thought out loud.

"I don't know" Taylor answered looking away, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh my gosh you know!"

"I don't know what you are talking about,"

"You totally know what Tyler is doing for me tonight! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" I asked excitedly.

"I can't Madds!"

"You are a sucky best friend," I pouted after fighting with her for a while and her never budging.

"Let's just get you ready," she laughed.

After I was dressed and ready the boys were finally back. Tyler came over and wrapped his arms around me as Luke did the same to Taylor.

"Hi baby," he smiled down at me.

"Hi handsome," I leaned up kissing him.

"You ready to go?" he asked in which I nodded.

The 4 of us walked out together. Once we were getting in the car Taylor and Luke kept sending Tyler these weird looks and just smiling at me. Eventually we got settled in the car and on our way. Tyler reached over and grabbed my hand.

"So, we have quite a long ride a head of us, about 4 hours so get comfortable," he smiled over at me.

"Oh wow, okay,"

"Close your eyes babe, we have a big night ahead of us, you can take a little nap,"

I did as he said and soon fell asleep. The rider didn't seem long at all to me because of my nap. Before I knew it I started recognizing our surroundings.

"Are we in Chapel Hill?"

"Yup,"

A few minutes later I noticed we were pulling up to our old high school and the football field.

"Are we going to see a game?" I asked.

"Nope, their season is over," he said parking before hopping out and coming around to open the door for me.

We walked hand in hand over to the field which was already lit up. I followed where he went as he began walking up the bleachers. Once we were near the top he began speaking.

"I brought you here for a reason you know," he smiled as I looked at him questioningly.

His gaze switched to the field and my eyes followed and I gasped. The words 'Marry Me' were written into the grass of the football field. When I turned back to look at Tyler he grabbed my hands.

"It all started here. This is where I first ran into you at gym, this is where I knew I had to have you when you showed up in your little Arizona State Nike outfit to run the track and ended up running football practice instead, this is where I first heard you sing and you first watched me play, this is where we first kissed, this is where we had our first fight, this is where I fell in love with you. It just seemed fitting to ask you at the place it all started.

"So Madison Rose Davies, will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter!!
Hope you all like it :)

--Lauren

Outfit