Leave It Up To Fate

Chapter 7

Maddie's POV

The next morning I woke up entangled with someone. I opened my eyes to see Tyler laying there sleeping peacefully. It felt so much like the mornings we would wake up in our own apartment a year ago. I missed that. I missed him.

Before he could wake up I pushed his arms off of me and untangled myself from him, getting out of bed but not before dropping a light kiss to his forehead. I walked into the hallway to see Colbie coming towards Tyler's room.

"Did you just walk out of Tyler's room in the early morning?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

"Yes, I did," I answered with a blush, "but before you get ahead of yourself, nothing happened."

"But still, it's progress!"

"Yes, it is," I smiled, "but enough about me, you are getting married today!"

"I know!" she squealed, "I was just about to wake Tyler to kick him out, cause this is officially the girl's house to get ready. Do you mind waking him for me instead?"

"Sure," I turned around and opened the door to see Tyler rubbing his eyes and stretching the way he does when he wakes up every morning. "'Morning,"

"Hey," he said in a raspy voice, "you weren't here when I woke up,"

"Yeah, I just figured with every-"

"Don't worry about it," he smiled, "how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks for everything," I answered, "So, uhm, anyway, your aunt is kicking you out,"

"Ahhh, okay, I see how it is," he smirked.

"Believe me you don't want to be here when the girls are getting all beautified,"

"So true, even though you all are beautiful already," he winked getting out of bed.

"Oh what a charmer," I smirked, "Now, out!"

"I'm going, I'm going," he said grabbing his clothes and throwing them in a bag before walking towards the door.

We walked out of the room and down the stairs to the kitchen, where the girls were waiting.

"Okay, I'm heading over to Billy's, see you ladies later," he said walking around to each of us giving us a kiss on the cheek, before walking out the door.

▲▼

Around 4:00 we arrived at the beach where Colbie and Jason were to be married. It was a very casual wedding, all the girls wore simple sundresses. The wedding march was played on the classical guitar, not an organ or piano like normal. It was just a very simple wedding, but beautiful.

The wedding took place around sunset. The weather gave us no problems, being the wedding was outdoors. It was perfect for the two of them. I, of course teared up throughout the vows all the way through until the end.

Now was reception time, the best part. We all sat at our respective tables eating the luau themed food. After we ate began the dancing time.

Colbie danced with her dad to You're My Hero by Teresa James. I balled my eyes out. It was just so sweet. I wasn't as emotional as Taylor though who had to go and redo her makeup. And Jason and his mom danced to You Are the Sunshine of my Life by Stevie Wonder. That was cute as well.

Now it was my que to go on stage. I walked up there and grabbed my guitar, then continued to the microphone.

"Hello everyone, I'm Maddie. As you all probably know, the first dance is next. I have been on tour with Colbie and Jason for a few months now and being around them has been absolutely amazing. Everyday I got to see the love they have for each other and it something I wish I will have." I looked over to see Tyler smiling.

"One day on tour I was writing a song that I showed to Colbie and Jason. They asked me if I could play this song at their wedding and I of course agreed because this song perfectly describes this couple. I love you guys, thank you for everything, and I wish you the most happiness in the future," I nodded at them before I began strumming my guitar.

It’s amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don’t say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes sayin’ you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old mr. webster could never define
What’s being said between your heart and mine

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes sayin’ you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes sayin’ you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


I walked off the stage and the DJ began playing Isn't She Lovely by Rod Stewart. I was first met by Colbie and Jason hugging and thanking me. Next, came Tyler.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hi,"

"Madds, that was beautiful,"

"Thank you," I blushed.

He nodded over towards the dance floor, "Do you maybe want to dance?"

"I'd love to," he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

We were silent for at least a minute before Tyler pulled away.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm ready," he smiled

"Your ready? For what?"

"For you, for us. Maddie, I'm ready. That song made me realize that it's exactly how I feel about you. I can't go another day without your beautiful smile, or looking into your blue eyes, or feeling your touch and it making everything better. I love you Maddie, I'm ready for you, I trust you, I trust us," he smiled.

"I love you, Tyler," I smiled back before he pulled me into a breath taking kiss that I had missed so much.

"Maddie!" I turned around shocked to see who I found standing behind us...
♠ ♠ ♠
First, I DID NOT write that song haha that's all Alison Krauss, and it's an absolutely beautiful song, all credit goes to her! haha

Second, if you want I have a new story you can check out People Always Leave

Third, I don't know how much longer this story is going because I have no ideas so please HELP ME OUT! haha

Fourth, and final, COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE

--Lauren

links...
Wedding Set Up
Maddie and Tyler
Colbie