Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember When We Went Hiking?

We didn’t tell the others what happened, and you acted like it didn’t ever happen so to my extreme disliking I acted like that night never happened either. Truth be told, it really bothered me.
It was a surprisingly nice day in January and Kyle and I were in our dorm lying in our beds. I heard a knock and turned to see a small folded piece of paper slipped underneath the door. “You get it.” Kyle said staring at me from across the room.
I groaned and rolled off my bed and cringed when my feet hit the cold floor. I walked slowly towards the door and grabbed the paper before unfolding it:


You guys want to go hiking?

I smiled, “Sure.” I answered leaning against the door.
I heard you laugh, “Meet us by Brooke’s car in half and hour!” You said and I heard your footsteps retreat.
“Kyle, we’re going hiking.” I said looking at him.
He sat up and looked at me, “Do I have to?” he whined.
“Yeah, now get dressed.” I ordered.

~~~

The drive to the trail that we were going to hike was about forty-five minutes. You and I spent forty-five minutes teasing and joking around with each other while the others complained about how, “Ridiculously cute” we were.
There’s not much to say about hiking, it’s walking. We were lucky because there wasn’t much snow on the ground so our feet stayed dry.
We hiked for three hours. Remember who complained the most? Kyle. He was always a drama queen. “Race you to that tree!” Brooke yelled and yanked you by your arm.
“No! No racing in the middle of the forest!” You disagreed trying to pull away.
“COME ON!” Brooke yelled and continued to pull you along.
You groaned but started running on your own, all of us watched as you and Brooke chased each other.
“Bitch, you’ll never catch me!” Brooke taunted.
“I’m not going to disagree.” You replied when you suddenly yelped and fell face first.
“Shit, Ellie!” Brooke yelled.
“Annabelle!” I exclaimed and ran over to you.
You rolled over and sat up, wincing in pain. “Ow.” You muttered.
“Ellie, are you alright?” Stacy asked worriedly as she walked over to you.
I kneeled down next to you and looked at your foot to see your ankle twisted awkwardly in a ditch. “That looks bad…” I said brushing my fingers lightly against it.
“Fuck! That hurts!” You yelled, pulling your foot away from my touch.
We all stared at you in shock, you almost never swore. “Sorry.” I muttered after a moment.
“Ellie. You just swore!” Tony exclaimed with wide eyes.
“Tony,” You said in disbelief, “I might have broken my ankle and all you can think about is how I just fucking swore?” You pressed your lips into a thin line.
A smile broke onto my face, and I couldn’t hold back the laugh that was begging to escape. You turned to look at me with wide eyes, “You need to stop swearing, or I’m going to keep laughing.” I said.
You stared at me, and slowly but surely your lips curved upwards. “I’ll stop swearing when you guys stop being assholes and help me.” You said gingerly resting your hand on your ankle and wincing.
I sighed and put on of my arms under your legs and the other around your back before lifting you up off the ground, “You okay?” I asked softly as you wrapped you arms around my neck.
You nodded, “Yeah.”
“I’ll take her back to the van.” I said to everyone.
“We’ll come with you.” Brooke said.
“No, you guys have to finish the trail or today would have been a total waste.” You disagreed.
Brooke sighed, “Are you sure..?” she asked.
“Yeah, and then when people ask how the hiking went we’ll tell them that I did finish the trail and my ankle happened at the end.” You said with a smile.
Kyle laughed, “Lucky you, you get to say you finished the trail without actually finishing it.”
“Kyle, I’d be happy to switch places with you.” You shot back.
He smirked, “I’d rather hike.” He replied.
“Well fine then.” You said.
“Okay, here.” Brooke said tossing you her keys, “We’ll meet back up with you soon!” she said.
“Don’t do any inappropriate things in the car!” Kyle yelled.
“Shut up, Kyle.” You called back to him as I started walking you back to the car.
“Are you sure you’re alright?” I asked you quietly once we were away from our group.
You frowned, “My ankle hurts badly, but I think it’s just a bad sprain. It doesn’t seem broken, but what do I know? I’m not doctor.”
I smiled down at you, “Hopefully it’ll only be a sprain.”
You nodded, “Hopefully…” you repeated before adding, “Are you sure you don’t mind carrying me? I can probably walk…”
“Annabelle,” I said making you look up at me, “You weigh nothing and if you even tried walking with your ankle like that you’d just hurt yourself more.”
You rolled your eyes, “Hey, I’m like 110. That’s something.” You disagreed.
I laughed, “How tall are you?”
“Five-four.” You muttered.
“Exactly, you’re a small person and you’re skinny which means you weigh almost nothing” I said.
“Oh? And how much do you weigh Mister Skin-and-bones?” you shot back.
“I am
not skin and bones. I played sports in high school so obviously I am built.”
“How much?” you repeated.
“I’m six-two and I weight 190.” I replied, “So I am not skin and bones!”
You laughed, “Fine, fine.” You said. I rolled my eyes and watched where I was walking, “Doesn’t our height difference bother you?” you asked seriously. We were almost at the car by now –I could see the road.
I looked back at you, “What?” I asked.
You pursed your lips, “You’re ten inches taller than me, don’t you find the height difference awkward?” you asked.
I shook my head, “No, not at all.”
You looked at me weirdly, “Really?” you asked.
“Why would I?”
“Isn’t it what made you not mention what happened the other night?” You asked.
And then it clicked. “Hold on.” I said setting you down, waiting for you to balance on one foot. You gave me the keys and I went and unlocked Brooke’s car and opened her trunk for you to sit in. You hopped over and pulled yourself in, letting your legs dangle over the edge as you stared at me expectantly. “Ellie, I didn’t mention it because you didn’t.” I said standing in front of you.
Your eyes widened, “I was nervous…” You said.
I smiled at your crookedly, “I thought you regretted it.”
You shook your head, “I thought it was because of a height difference or because of–” you stopped suddenly and looked down.
“Because of…?” I asked.
You looked up at me and shrugged, “Emma.” You said.
“Annabelle, Emma doesn’t mean anything to me. When she and I got back together all I thought about was how I missed spending time with you.” You blinked at me and I smiled putting my arms on either side of your legs, “And are you saying you think I’m so shallow that I’d not talk about a kiss because I thought we’d look awkward as a couple?”
You shrugged, “You never know… It could happen.”
“I couldn’t stop thinking about our kiss.” I said looking you straight in the eye.
You smiled as I leaned my forehead against yours, “Neither could I.” You whispered just before my lips touched yours.
Sparks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sparks fly
It's like electricity
I might die
When I forget how to breathe
......
'Cause when I'm kissing you
My senses come alive


I'm in a good mood, and I got new people to comment, so win! :D
But I'm sad how this is still only 1 star D: can we try and get it up? Tell your friends, comment, subscribe... you know... that stuff.

And this question just came to me; I'm writing this in a guy's point of view which I have never done before. How do you think I'm doing?

And I've been writing a lot of chapters, but I'm skipping around a lot too. I don't know... What do you guys want to happen? After this I've got a Valentine's Day chapter and then like 4 that are way way later in the story... So give me ideas!

Comment&Subscribe!