Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember the Spring Festival?

You used to always tell me that this was your favorite memory of us, that this made up for your senior prom in high school.

Amherst decided to hold a Spring Festival that year. Everyone -and I do mean everyone -was planning to go. It was like an unspoken agreement between us that we'd be attending the festival. It was just a whole get together for the town, games, small businesses selling their goods, contests, and all the things that would attract everyone in town.

"Ben, come on!" You laughed as you stepped out of Brooke's car. She had driven Kyle, you, and I to the festival -Stacy and Tony were already there.

We decided to come later in the evening, around the time the sun was beginning to set. We didn't want to be there when the crowd was huge. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I huffed hopping out of the vehicle and slamming the door shut and walking up to you.

You smiled and pecked my cheek before grabbing my hand and dragging me off towards Brooke and Kyle, "We're going to go get something to eat, okay?" Brooke asked.

"Sure." I replied and watched as the two walked off, elbowing each other's sides every once in a while.

"Best friends." You sighed and gently nudged me with your hand.

I smiled and kissed your forehead, "What do you want to do first?" I asked.

"Truthfully, I want to go on the swings." You said with a laugh.

"Okay, so we come here for a festival but all you want to do is swing?" I asked.

You nodded eagerly, "Yep!"

I smiled and looked over at the pavilion next to the playground, people were slow dancing. "I'll go on the swings with you if you dance with me."

You gave me an incredulous look, "I don't dance." You replied flatly.

"And I don't swing so it looks like we'll both be doing something different tonight." I said with a smirk.

You shook your head, "Do I have to?"

"Let me make it up to you," I said with a smile, "You didn't go to your senior prom. You didn't get to dance with someone special, and now's your chance."

You rolled your eyes, "I'm not dressed properly."

You were wearing a pair of jeans, and a tank top with a cardigan over it. To me, you looked perfect. "It doesn't matter, and that's a poor excuse." I replied.

You sighed, "Ben... Seriously, do we really have to dance?"

I nodded and started tugging you towards the pavilion, "One dance and then we can go swing, I promise."

You bit your lip but agreed. When we reached the pavilion I turned and rested my hands on your hips, "I'm not a fan of dancing." You said wrapping your hands around my neck.

I smiled, "Me neither." I laughed and rested my chin on the top of your head.

"So then why are we doing this?" You asked while raising your eyebrow.

I shrugged and pulled you closer, "Because I want to."

You laughed and buried your head in my chest, "You're so weird."

I chuckled and kissed the top of your head, "I know."

~~~

After we danced you dragged me over to the swings, "You promised." You giggled hoisting yourself up onto the seat.

I stood in front of you, putting my hands on your thighs and resting my forehead against yours. "Yes, but I thought that our dance would be so enjoyable that you wouldn't make me." I retorted.

"Well if you don't want to swing, then you should make yourself useful and push." You said and kissed my, playfully biting my bottom lip.

"Nope." I said and put my hand on the back of your neck, keeping our lips attached.

"Ben..." You sighed, giving me the chance to slip my tongue into your mouth.

"I love you." I said pulled away and kissing your nose.

You smiled, "I love you too." I felt my grin grow, "Now can you please push?" You asked innocently.

I groaned, "Fine. Just because it's you, fine." I walked around your swing and started pushing you.

You laughed, "If it gives you more motivation -tonight makes up for me not going to my prom." I grabbed the chains of your swing and pulled you to a stop before spinning your seat around so you could look at me. "What?" You asked confused.

I kissed you softly, "I'm happy it makes up for it." I whispered.

A small smile tugged at the corners of your lips, "I love you." You said.

I laughed, "Good," I said burying my face into the crook of your neck and kissing the tender skin, "If you didn't I'd be very upset."

You laughed, and I don't know if you thought I was joking. I wasn't, I was dead serious. I really doubt that you love me anymore, but I really hope that maybe somewhere deep inside of you, you still do. Because I know I still love you, and I do not want to give up on us, I'm not quite ready to let you go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update? Chyeahh....!

Whatcha think?

I'm hoping that I get at least one new commenter? Maybe? Make me happy? Please?

Comment&Subscribe!