Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember How We Instantly Clicked?

Now that I recall, you never did give me my pen back. But anyways, with the freshman orientation going on for a week I pretty much forgot about you. You were just some girl that I found myself attracted to, nothing out of the usual right?
Well, the day before college actually started –all the students were on campus by that point –I saw you again. It was lunch time and I was sitting with my roommate, Kyle. You remember him, right? Kyle Lopes? Well, he and I were sitting right outside the Residents Dinning Hall with our recently acquainted friend, Tony Parkhouse.
That’s when you joined us. That’s when we officially met. You were walking with Brooke, the girl known for her athletic build and her blonde hair and blue eyes, and another girl. I’m guessing they were from your dorm also. Brooke noticed Kyle out of our group and joined us, apparently they met earlier in the week. At least that’s what Kyle says.
“Hey Brooklyn.” He had said teasingly.
“Shut it, Oompla Loompa.” She retorted before turning to me, “I’m Brooke, despite what this thing right here says.” She introduced herself while she nudged Kyle in the ribs.
“Ben.” I replied with a smile.
She returned the smile before point to you, “This is my roommate Ellie.” I instantly recognized you. I mean, how could I not? Your layered black hair that curved over your eyes and settled on your green and black glasses, your emerald green eyes, dark skin, and your cute button nose –it’s hard to forget you.
You shot me a small smile, “Hey.” You said softly. The first thing I thought was, ‘What happened to that confident girl I met the other day?’
But I greeted you with a goofy grin which seemed to make your smile grow, and a blush crawl up onto your cheeks. I was too busy taking you in to notice that Brooke had introduced the other girl that you were with.
“Hey.” I said to her even though I didn’t know her name, but I learned it eventually. Kyle introduced Tony, noticing my slightly dazed state.
You sat next to me. I swear, the world froze. “Are you alright?” You asked quietly, a hint of smile on your face.
I coughed awkwardly, too amazed by you to say anything. “Um, yeah. You just… I mean.” You laughed at my stuttering. I was glad that I could make you smile, “I didn’t think I’d see you again.” I forced out.
You raised your right eyebrow and an amused smile fell on your lips, “Oh, so are you saying that you’d prefer me to leave?” you asked.
“No!” I blurted out. You laughed once more. I hope you remember this as vividly as I do, it’s one of my favorite memories of us.
You pulled out your pad of sticky notes, except this time they were in the shape of an apple and they were green, and a pen.
My pen. You wrote something down on one before detaching it from the rest and sticking it to my knee. I stared down at it.

Have lunch with me?

I nodded vigorously you smiled again, a small shy smile. The smile that made me fall in love with you. We were too busy with our conversation that we hadn’t noticed our roommates staring at us.
“Ben and Ellie sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Brooke sang and you instantly flushed red and stood up. I missed having you next to me.
“Shut up.” You hissed playfully.
“I’ll shut up if you come get lunch with me, I’m so fucking hungry I’d eat cow shit.” Brooke said dramatically. We both know she had the mouth of a sailor back then.
“You won’t even go near an apple with a blemish on it; do you honestly think we’d believe you’d eat cow shit?” The other girl asked smartly, walking over to your friend. I stared at your ass as you walked away, but in my defense: I’m a guy, and I have needs.
“That is true.” She answered with a shrug. “You guys coming?” She asked us.
I nodded and we all got up from the picnic table and walked with you girls to the Dinning Hall. We had macaroni and cheese for lunch –something that I soon learned was your favorite food.
I was walking while staring at the ground when you suddenly came up and nudged me. “I like your eyes.” You said shyly.
My eyebrows furrowed together, “My eyes?” I asked.
You nodded, “And I like your hair.” You brought your small hand up to my head to ruffle my brown hair that slightly covered my eyes.
“I like you.” I replied simply.
“You don’t even know me.” You replied in a matter-of-fact tone.
“I’d like to.” I answered in a heartbeat.
You smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are


Comments&Subscribe?

Let's try 2 comments? (: