Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember How Nervous You Were?

We spent the entire last day of orientation together with our friends, but you and I were always having conversations of our own. I remember that you found it hilarious when the others noticed that I still had your apple sticky note attached to my knee. I didn’t think it was that funny, but I couldn’t resist laughing along with you.
Remember how on the first day the entire freshman class was nervous? You could feel it radiating off of them all. I remember our group that consisted of Brooke, Kyle, Tony, Stacy –see, I learned her name –you, and I met up for breakfast at the Dinning Hall.
You girls were already there when we entered the building, I first noticed you. You were facing away from me, but I could tell that you had your hair pin-straight and your bangs were clipped up on the top of your head. You looked so adorable, sitting there nibbling on an apple while Brooke practically inhaled her food, and Mallory enjoyed a bowl of oatmeal.
“Hey girlies.” Kyle greeted you in a high-pitched voice as soon as we were in ear-shot.
You turned to look at me and shot me a small smile before looking down at your apple and biting your lip, “Hey, Ben.” You greeted me quietly as soon as I sat next to you. You kept staring at your apple?
“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked brushing my fingers lightly against your hand that was holding the apple. I don’t know why I did, I remember I mentally slapped myself for it afterwards –but you seemed to like it because you turned to me and smile.
“Sorry, I’m just really nervous.” You admitted shyly.
“Don’t be.” I said shaking my head and smiling. To tell you the truth, I was nervous too. But back then I’d never admit it.
“I’m just a naturally nervous person.” You replied taking a small bite of your apple and chewing slowly. I was too busy staring at your lips that I didn’t reply making you glance at me. “Still want to get to know me now?” You asked.
I blinked and smiled, “Why wouldn’t I?” I asked.
“Because I’m a nervous-wreck all the time.” You retorted.
“No you’re not, and it’s fine to be nervous. It’s the first day of college, I’m pretty sure everyone is.” I said sympathetically.
“Everyone… But you.” You said with a giggle.
I shrugged, “I’m just one of those lucky people that don’t get nervous.” I was trying to be cool, trying to impress you. I now know that you saw right through my act, but it was nice of you to go along with it then –it was a real ego booster.
You rolled your eyes, “Go get breakfast and let me eat my apple in peace.”
I laughed and got up from the table to go get some cereal, Kyle and Tony had already gotten their breakfast when we were talking.
When I walked back you were flushed red, your eyes wide. Brooke, Tony, Kyle, and Stacy were all smirking at you and then they glanced at me. “What happened…?” I asked cautiously as I sat down next to you.
“Nothing. I’m going to go.” You said quickly and shot up from your seat and left the Dinning Hall, throwing your apple core out on your way.
“What’d you do?” I had asked our friends. I was annoyed –I had been ooking forward to talking to you.
“We were just telling her how obvious it is that you two are soul-mates.” Stacy said innocently. She had her brown curly hair down and she made her eyes wide so she looked innocent. To this day, I still feel bad for the guy that married her –I bet she gets away with a lot because of that look.
“What?” I asked stupidly.
“Oh come on!” Brooke yelled throwing her hands up in the air, “It’s so obvious you two have a connection! Even Kyle sees it and he’s an idiot!”
“We don’t.” I argued.
“Do too.” Tony threw in with a smirk.
“Do not.” I disagreed.
“Ben, when we first got here Ellie was so quiet. Then she saw you yesterday and BAM she was all talkative! It was like something possessed her!” Brooke pointed out.
I sighed, “I’m going to go find her. Just chill out about your ‘soul mate’ theory, okay?”
They all nodded, “Sure.” Tony said.
I turned around and threw out my uneaten breakfast before leaving the way you did.

~~~

Do you know how long it took me to find you? Not long. It would have taken forever if we hadn’t ended up in the same English class. We just happened to be the unlucky students who had a morning class. It was usually freshman that got stuck in them unless an upperclassman had a reason to be in it.
Anyways, after looking for you for ten minutes I realized I only had five to get to my dorm, grab my books, and get to class. I ran like hell.
I made it to the class just as it began, great way to start the year if I do say so myself. Professor Halden definitely held it against me for the rest of it. I sat down in the only open seat, on in the back and I was too out of breath to notice you were there.
I was staring at my desk when a folded piece of paper suddenly slid into view. Without thinking I opened it.


I’m glad you’re in this class with me.

I recognized your handwriting instantly; I looked up to see you sitting directly in front of me, a small smile adorned on your lips.
I couldn’t hold back the smile that fought its way to my face. I wrote back
:

I’m glad too.

We acted like we were in middle-school that entire year, passing notes back and forth. I just want you to know that I’ve kept every note you’ve ever given me, including the one asking if I wanted to have lunch with you.
Why? Because you’re worth it, nervousness and all.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's adorable as hell

I didn't get 2 comments, but this update is dedicated to my friend
whose boyfriend was a douchebag and yelled at her in the middle
of our school in front of everyone.

Everyone deserves someone who's worth it.

Comments&Subscribe. This time it will be 2!