Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember That Time It Was Raining?

My next favorite memory was in early November; your birthday was in a few days –on the fifteenth. It was the weekend before your birthday, and it was raining, and when I say raining I mean down pouring. I had to write a paper for my engineering class, I wanted to major in engineering back then.
I was walking back from the Library, taking a stroll around the big circle before going to my dorm. I mean, I was already wet and I felt like walking, so why not walk in the rain? While I was walking by your area I saw your small figure standing outside of your dorm. You were staring at the ground while strategically leaning against a wall under an overhang, staying perfectly dry. You were always smart.
I started walking towards you and when I got within ten feet of you I shouted, “Hey Ellie,” Above the pounding of the rain.
You looked up surprised, “Hey Ben…” You said cautiously before adding, “Why are you standing in the rain?”
“Why aren’t you standing in the rain?” I shot back.
“I prefer to stay dry, thank you.” You replied raising your eyebrow.
“Why?” I asked holding my arms out as if I were about to hug the rain.
You shrugged. “Just because.”
I dropped my arms and walked over to you and held out my soaking hand, “Ellie, will you please give me the honor of having this dance?”
You laughed, “You are so cheesy!” You said loudly.
“But it’s working right?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Depends on what you’re trying to do.” You said smiling.
I shrugged, “Maybe, I’ll tell you if you dance with me.”
You shook your head, and for a second I felt my heart sink, but you pulled your hood of your favorite purple sweatshirt over your head and took my hand, letting me pull you into the rain.
We laughed a lot, we didn’t just dance either. We ran around jumping in puddles, trying to push each other into the mud. At one point I gently pushed you and you instinctively grabbed my arm and we both went tumbling into the mud.
“You ass!” You said laughing just before you grabbed a handful of mug and flung it at me.
It hit me dead in the face which made you laugh harder, “You’re not getting away with that!” I said grabbing a handful, pulling your hood down, and plopping it onto the top of your head. I made sure to scrub it into your hair too. I remember being so thankful that you weren’t one of those squeamish girls that didn’t like to get dirty.
“Benjamin!” You squealed, trying to get away from me.
I loved it when you said my full name. “Okay, I’m done.” I said letting go of you and getting up. I was caked with mud, and I felt gross but it wasn’t that bad because you were with me.
“Jerk.” You muttered standing up and shaking excess mud from your hair, making sure to get some in my face.
“Hey! No need to be mean about it.” I said holding my hands up defensively.
You smirked at me, “No need to rub mud in my hair. Do you know how long it’s going to take to get this out?” You asked as you started walking back towards your dorm.
I laughed and caught up with you, “Nope. I’m not a girl –I will never understand how long it takes to make your hair perfect.” I replied.
You shook your head, “I don’t spend hours on my hair like most girls, so this,” You gestured to your hair, “Is going to time that I’m not used to spending on my hair.”
I faked a gasp, “A girl who doesn’t spend hours on her hair?” I teased.
You smiled, “I’d rather spend my time doing something productive.”
“Define productive.”
“I would usually rather sit and read a book then do this.” You said holding your arms out so I could see all the mud on you.
I frowned, “Are you saying you didn’t have fun?”
You looked surprised, “No. I’m saying that
usually I’d be fine with reading a book, but you’ve made me get a new appreciation for the rain.” You smiled.
“So, instead of spending hours on your hair, you’d rather do this with me?” I asked.
“Yeah, but I’d prefer to run around and not get muddy next time.” You clarified.
I smiled, “So there’s going to be a next time?”
“We’ll see.” You replied.
There was a next time. There were actually a few times –whenever it rained and it wasn’t too cold we’d go outside and run around together, and we
always danced even though you thought it was cheesy.
I think you only did it to make me happy, but I only did it because I knew you really enjoyed it. You’d never admit that, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
When you're around
I don't know what to say
I don't know what to do
To let you know just what I'm thinking


Thanks for the comments! They're really appreciated (:

Sorry if there's any grammatical errors, I don't have much time to edit. If you see one, please, tell me!

Comment&Subscribe!

3 comments!