Status: Hiatus

Annoyed the Ice Until It Melted

The 'Welcome Back' Prank

Five...four...three...two...one; bang!

Well, took the bloody things long enough! I looked around at Zoey who had been trying not to fall asleep. Her eyes were now wide with excitement and she grinned like a Cheshire cat when high pitched girl shrieks and squeals started coming from the girls’ dormitory. Well, this calls for Maddy Hart!

Zoey and I looked at each other and began to cackle wildly when Hermione’s voice could be heard through the door, "Madeline-Rae Hart!"

We walked to The Great Hermione Granger's room and saw total chaos. There, in the center of the room, a firework had exploded and spelt; 'Welcome back!'

As soon as I entered the room Granger rounded at me with an accusing finger pointing in my direction "It was her! She set off those bloody fireworks!" Her voice was annoyingly and deafening high pitched as she continued to shriek wildly and pointed at her heavily singed head.

"Merlin's beard Maddy that was brilliant!" Lavender Brown complimented, as looked around the half destroyed room with admiration in her eyes. I knew at least one person would appreciate my work!

"Well, I do what I do...Besides you forgot-" As soon as I began to reply, four more fireworks exploded and soared into the air narrowly missing Hermione's untamed bed hair, which now seemed to conduct electricity, as a shower of colored sparks erupted and all was quiet.

Parvati crawled back into her bed, breaking the silence she yawned; "Couldn't you have done this a different time...Instead of five in the morning!?"

I widened my eyes in fake surprise, as I stared down at my watch, "What!? I swear I set them for seven o' clock!" I exclaimed looking confused at my giggling accomplice. I shook my head, before I busted out in a grin, "Oh well!"

It went silent... and I mean like; dead silent.

I coughed, as I looked down at my feet sheepishly. I shifted my position before looking up; "Well... If it makes you feel any better..."

I looked over at Zoey, and she finished my sentence; "…We got the boys too!"

When no one said anything, I laughed nervously. "Uhm..." I glanced down at my watch once again before bursting into excitement, forgetting all about being nervous, 5:14AM; "Ladies, we have about twenty more seconds."

I shared a look with Zoey, before counting down; "Five, four, three, two...One!" As if on cue, another enormous explosion shook the Gryffindor dormitories, except this time instead of girl shrieks there were many ‘manly’ shrieks.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed laughing whilst hauling myself and Zoey's barely breathing figure from the floor and helped her down the stairs towards the boys' rooms.

Image

Drip...Drip...

God those sounds were infuriating. As Ron clambered out of his bed to figure out what the incessant dripping noise was, there was a huge explosion of colored light and Ron's bare foot slid in something rather slimy that sent him flying into the opposite wall with a loud yelp.

Harry, Neville, Dean and Seamus all woke and looked through blurry eyes at the commotion. They stepped carefully out of their beds, trying not to follow Ron's example and looked at the slimy; 'Welcome back!' That had been splashed across the floor five times in an unidentified red substance, next to all their beds.

They simultaneously looked up at each other and declared; "Maddy," as their number one suspect.

Just as they finished saying Maddy, another loud boom erupted over their heads and buckets of ice-cold water were thrown over them from all directions. Ron screeched and started screaming in a high pitched girl voice you would think one (who wasn’t a banshee) could possess.

Neville was stood stock still in shock, and Harry was looking for his wand and his glasses. He’d just manage to grab onto both when the door burst open, revealing just who he was about to look for.

Image

I was able to gain enough oxygen to stand up through my laughter and point at Ron, who instead of having water dropped on his dead, was sitting on the floor with the bucket resting on his shoulders with more grunge seeping out of it. I fell on top of my red faced friend and continued to uncontrollably giggle.

As Harry drew his wand for some much deserved payback, I stopped laughing and said, "Wait for it Potter!" There was a loud roar, from an unseen lion and then in midair a gold and scarlet banner appeared; "Sincerely yours, Maddy Hart."

I beamed up at the boys proud of my work, but stopped immediately as I saw all five boys were holding their wands and pointing them in our direction. My feeble, "Uh oh!" Went unheard as I scrambled to stand whilst hoisting my unseeing friend up and used her as a shield from the five jets of water that had been heading towards me.

As quick as lightening I scrambled towards the common room, only to see a mob composed of my brother and his friends who crowded around the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh shi- Ahh!" Three seconds later I was still standing in the same place, but had been pelted with water, and god knows what else.

I was still in shock until Zoey had managed to clamber down the stairs in fright of the five boys who were in hot pursuit of me. Unfortunately, she chose to trip and sent us tumbling down the remaining steps. We ended up lying at the bottom of the staircase in a mad jumble of limbs.

"Good morning!" My cheerful greeting was muffled since my mouth was covered by Zoey's shoulder.

Image

"Ah! Don't you just love coming back to Hogwarts?" I exclaimed brightly walking into the Great Hall for breakfast sighing happily, "I know I do!"

"We know." Someone from the Ravenclaw table shouted whilst laughing.

"Yeah, you've been saying that for five years!" Another student from the Hufflepuff table stated loudly, earning a hearty laugh from me.

I grinned, looking from the Ravenclaw table to the Hufflepuff table; "Oh have I? Brilliant! I say it’s bad luck to break tradition," I nodded my head and beamed at the surrounding people.

A laugh came from the Gryffindor table, "And in about 10 seconds you'll yell Malfoy's name." He began the countdown. Bloody hell...do I really do the same things enough for these people to memorize? Hmm maybe I should start being less predicta-

"Draco, darling!" I screeched.

"Bingo," the boy boomed and grinned at me as I (literally) leapt towards Draco. And since, I hadn’t yet taken a seat when I’d entered the hall; I had no need to jump up from it. When I got to the table, I ended up pushing a random Slytherin boy to the floor so I could sit next to Draco.

Hey! Don't look at me like that; he was sitting in my seat! I mean, if I shove the Slytherin off of the seat next to Malfoy at the start of every year then technically it’s his fault! Yeah, take that, that’s my kind of logical genius!

"Hart," He nodded professionally...guess he knew what was coming too. Then he looked like he got struck by lightning, 'cause he lifted his head and went; "Miss me, eh Hart?"

I grinned, "Nope! I missed those chubby little cheeks or yours!" And with those words I grabbed his cheeks squeezing them as I began cooing; "Awh aren’t you little guys cute, yes you are!", whilst folding them into shapes known as 'The Common Fish.' But when I tried to stretch his narrow face into an ape shape, he slapped my hands away.

"Hart?"

"Yes Drakie Poo?" I answered taking a bite out of a piece of toast I had reached for after he’d slapped my hands away, and acted as if nothing happened.

"Never do that again. And never call me that again," He said, cringing. But of course since he’d said I couldn’t do something, I just had to do it.

"Drakie-"

"- Don’t say it Hart."

"-Pooo!" I had opened my mouth once again...But that wasn't me. I could never go that high pitched. I think...? You know what? I’m thinking I’d have to try it one day. Then I’d be able to sneak up on Malfoy and make him think I was Pansy- but then, would I want him to think I was Pansy?

A sharp pinch was delivered to my arm by Malfoy who seemed to know I’d spaced out. I delivered him a sharp glare and looked around for the screechy monster that had burst into the great hall.

'Tis the she devil herself!

"Drakie Poo!" She screeched again, as Draco and I visibly cringed.

"Damned banshee- breaking my bloody ear drums. Swear I'm scarred for life." I mumbled under my breath. I made a desperate move to save my ears from eternal damnation but I found a hand securely fastened to my arm. Hmm... Strange, it was large, pale and- Malfoy's!

"Drakie, if you wish to be annoyed another day...the gentleman should let the lady escape, and face mortal peril to save her.” I said desperately. His hand didn’t move and his trade mark smirk began to develop. “Quick! Before the She-Devil crushes me with her over-sized arse, I'm only wittle, yaw know?" I made my bottom lip wobble, my eyes sparkling with well practiced tears.

"Pfft! Hart, if I have to suffer, so do you."

Turning around, I looked at Pansy stomping towards us. I leaned towards Malfoy slightly, glancing around the people watching and uttered loudly from the corner of my mouth. "...Drakie, you shouldn't be so mean to your girlfriend-"

I looked at Pansy, only to see her standing ...maybe just thirty feet away. Her shoulders hitched up, with her hands in fists, huffing as she seen me with her Drakie. I cowered back from the sight, it was horrifying!

I mean really...imagine a pug-red-faced girl looking like she was about to rip you to shreds, her nose flaring, her teeth bared, while huffing like a bull ready to strike.

"Seriously, I don't understand how you can walk around gloating, with her fastened to your arm..." I 'tsk'ed shaking my head, I sighed sadly; "But then again...you couldn't do better."

“Drakie Poo!” She screamed again, standing almost twenty feet away now. My eyes widened as she continued to grow larger, her size becoming increasingly more impressive the closer she came.

“Run!” Draco whimpered in my ear as he gathered our school bags.

“But the food! Breakfast is the most import-“ Malfoy ignored me as he hoisted me up by the arm and started dragging me around the other side of the table, away from the approaching troll. As we passed a nearby platter of toast, I grabbed the whole plate for the two of us, and then tore out after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)