Status: Hiatus

Annoyed the Ice Until It Melted

A Christmas Special

I lay on my king sized bed, chucking my quaffle at the wall and caught it as it rebounded. When I became bored of this repetitive procedure, I walked to my large window and noticed that snow was falling thickly on the grounds, and for some odd reason I started thinking of Maddy Hart.

I walked over to the calendar beside the bed and saw the date. This exact day, three years ago was our first civil conversation...

Image

I walked around kicking stray pebbles as I went. Mother and Father had a 'meeting' to attend over the holidays, so I decided to remain at Hogwarts for Christmas. It was quite lonely but the solitude was refreshing-

-But not as refreshing as the snowball that had crash landed into the back of my head. I turned and heard her giggling.

"No one does that to a Malfoy!" I roared in her direction. She looked quite shocked and it took all the self restraint I had inside me to not break down laughing, the look of utter shock was hilarious.

I had silenced The Maddy Hart.

"At least without some payback," I grinned and waved my wand sending and army of snowballs towards her. She screeched as she dodged impressively but was unable to avoid the last one which smacked her hard in the face. She fell.
Hard.

I gasped and ran towards her.

"Hart? Hart!" I shook her shoulders. "I'm too young for Azkaban! God damn it!" God, I wish I had seen her fist full of snow. Well, actually, I wouldn't have got to see it anyways...since it was shoved down the back of my shirt.

"Gotcha!" She shrieked and leapt to her feet.

"Why you sneaky little-" She lobbed another fistful of snow into my face. I didn't move. I just glared. "Uh Malfoy...? You can stop glaring at me like that now..." She rose and slowly began to walk backwards.

I got up from my crouched position and slowly walked towards her, using my tall figure to intimidate her. I took slow but sure footsteps as I walked closer.

"This means war!"

She shrieked as I sent a fistful of snow in her direction, and then dodged it with a gracefulness I had never noticed before. She used her wand to build a fort with a red flag, as did I except with a green flag.

I don't think I've ever had so much fun before, but I also don’t think I've never been as wet. We played for hours, until the grounds had turned dark. We continued to chuck snowballs at each other, our aim getting worse and worse with every snowball.

Finally Maddy stepped into No Man's Land, and waved a huge white flag, she stood tall and rigid. As I approached, I saw that her rainbow woolly hat had turned into a hat an army officer might have worn, and she had managed to grow a thick Hitler-ish moustache.

When I finally reached her I looked into her eyes and lent forward. Then I finally poked her upper lip and tried to yank the greying facial her off her face. She screeched as the enchantment on her face broke and I said, "Sorry, you had something on your face."

She put her hands on her hips and glared. Then simultaneously we broke into an uncontrollable bought of laughter. After what felt hours of oxygen deprivation we both stopped, and found ourselves lying on the ground side by side. She slowly let out a few more giggles and then fell silent. I turned to look at her and saw that she was gazing intensely on the sky, the light of the moon reflected in her green eyes.

Slowly I turned to look at the sky and after a while she said, "Have you ever thought about what's actually out there?"

I smiled. "Well, of course there are the Martians, Cyborgs-" I didn't finish my list of space creatures as she had given me a customary slap on the arm. She giggled a few more times and then once again fell silent. It wasn't a tension filled silence but a comfortable one, as we lay there soaking wet in our clothes.

"Come on, we should go inside," I stood and offered her my hand. She took it cautiously and I pulled her up. I felt a spark of electricity at her touch, even through my gloved hands. She smiled and removed her hand.

As we walked through the silent walls of Hogwarts I replayed the day’s events in my mind, and I felt myself smile as I remembered the enchanted Exploding Snowman I sent to her fort. In return she sent an enchanted snow shaped boot which only crumbled after hitting me up the rear end a couple of hundred times.

As we began to part ways I spoke up, "Don't think that I'm going to be nice to you now," With my usual smirk but with a special glint in my eye which I would later learn, was especially reserved for Madeline-Rae Hart.

"Don't think I'm going to stop pranking you now," She replied. She gave another smile, and started her way up the Grand Staircase.

I watched her retreating figure before I shook myself out of my stupor and began my way downwards, my boots the only sound coming from the corridors as I walked towards the dungeons. With a ran running through my hair I muttered, "For God's sake Draco, it's Hart."

<3
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.
As you know our updating has been a little shaky as of late, and I’m sorry to let you know that it will possibly be getting worse as I’m sitting 7 exams throughout January and desperately need to study.
The likelihood is that I won’t have much time to write much and updating on my part may be extremely slow. However, as soon as they’re over I promise I’ll try my best to ensure that we update as usual.

So as this is possibly my last update until February… Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! from Calli and I.

OOH!
& don't forget to comment! =D