Sequel: Broken Wings
Status: Old version.

Broken Soul

One.

The tour bus was quiet. Evan sat alone on the couch watching the sun set over the horizon, avoiding the direct rays as much as possible. He missed being able to go outside and feel the sunlight’s warmth on his skin without the consequences of a burn or a scar. He missed being able to laugh, to breathe, to eat, to care—to feel. He just missed living. Now all he does is dreads. Refusing to eat was draining him more everyday.

His band knew what he was. Yet they trusted him. Instincts were constantly telling him to kill, murder and steal life from everyone around him. One would think they would fear and avoid him. But, they didn’t. Despite what he was, they knew he was still their friend. Even though he saw himself as a burden and a monster.

One of his band mates approached him, smiling in a gentle manner, knowing his mind was set on his dark memories and realities. “Hey, Evan,” she greeted sweetly. He noticed she was holding something. “I fixed the curtains. I hope it helps you.” They had been ripped and torn off the window by Evan the night before in a fit of rage. Sometimes he gets too frustrated over his cursed life and can’t control himself.

“Thanks, Dannie,” he replied, wanting to smile back, but he couldn’t. It was too hard to force it.

She meant a lot to him though. In fact, because of her, he had to live like this. It was something that crossed their minds every other minute of every single day. He watched her put the curtains back up and he could relax a little more without worrying about the sun rays touching him.

“You’re welcome,” she said and took a seat next to him. “Are you doing alright?”

Evan shrugged. He wasn’t sure what alright even felt like anymore.

“Are you hungry?”

“A little.” A lie. He was starving.

“Well, if you need someone to feed from…”

“Dannie, no,” he sighed. “I’ve told you a hundred times that I’m not taking your blood. I…might not be able to stop.”

“I owe you though,” she reminded him, leaning her head on his shoulder and putting her arms around him for comfort. “All of this is my fault. If it wasn’t for me-“

“It’s okay,” he interrupted, not wanting to listen to this again. They had this same conversation every day. That was as far as he’d let it go. “I’ll find someone else.”

The bus came to a stop. “Dannie, let’s go!” they heard Bryan call out to her before he stepped off.

“Coming!” she replied and broke away from Evan. “See you later.” She got up and followed everyone else out of the bus leaving Evan all alone. He sat there, waiting for the sun to leave the sky completely. Once it was dark, he walked out of the bus, sneaked in backstage and joined the rest of the band.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just a short intro chapter. The rest are longer. And this band [currently nameless] is fictional.