C is for Colin

C for Colin

“Colin, can I talk to you for a moment?”

“Don’t you see I’m a little busy?”

“Every time I try and talk to you, you say you’re busy. Come on, surely your book can wait?”

“For crying out loud, can’t I have a little peace?”

“Get out of your grumpy mood. We need to talk.”

“Have you forgotten that this is my trailer? Can’t you give me just half an hour to relax?”

“I wanted to catch you before you left.”

Colin sighed and rubbed his eyes, before putting his book down and getting up. “Join me in
the car, we can talk there.”

Ryan smiled, getting up as well. “Kylie Minogue on the radio, right? Just like old times?”

“Let me chose the music.”

The two made their way outside to Colin’s car.

“Might you please tell me what you want?” Colin asked.

“Nobody here seems to understand me.”

“Oh come on Ry, don’t be dumb.”

“Please don’t make fun of this.” Ryan let his head thump against the headrest.

Colin sighed. “Queen good for you?” he asked, his hand on the car radio.

“Radio Ga Ga?”

“Sure.”

Colin fiddled about with the radio for several moments.

“Talk to me Ryan. What’s up?”

“Under the weather, I suppose. God, my head still aches from earlier.”

“Very clever idea, smashing your head against those lights on the desk.”

“Wasn’t to know they’d break so easily.”

Colin checked his watch. “Xiaolin Showdown will be on soon. Want to talk about what’s wrong while we drive to the hotel?”

Ryan smiled. “You’re such a good friend, you know that?”

“Zen meditation is the way I put up with you lot.”

“At the hotel, could we…?”

“Brad’s dragging me out, we don’t have time. But we can talk, if you want.”

“Cool. And… thanks for putting up with me.”