Status: Accepting authors.

You Are Loved

Dear Seth

Dear Seth,

I've never met you. But you've made me cry so much. Maybe -no, I'm certain: it's the doe eyed photo that's been broadcasted all over the Internet, and television, and newspapers. 

In complete truth I'd never even heard of your name until maybe two and a half weeks ago. In a song. Your kind of famous now. In the way that makes everyone cry and think how a person so young had taken their own life. 

There name's Rise Against. Maybe you've heard of them. They're a pretty awesome band. The music video was about bullying, as was the song and then the song mellows out and the names start. I've never heard of Tyler Climinti, Harrison Brown, or Billy Lucas. Then I heard your name. Seth Walsh. I have friends named Seth. 

Your, despite the fact I had no idea who you were, sent chills down my spine and by the time the names were said my whole body felt numb. Some songs do that to me. But this -this song meant something. It was apart of something big. And even though the music video just went off, I clicked on the next video, the same song, just now it had photos. Random ones with hate crimes and natural disasters and photos with themes about love and all those didn't mean anything until it got to the names. Then the photos. And it shocked me even more. These young adults. School photos and such. Then there was yours which stuck out the most. 

I'm still not sure why I'd does. I'm sure it attributes to the fact of how young you look, or how you have big brown doe eyes, or how it looks like your playing with your ear or hair (which I do all the time when I get nervous), or maybe it's your expression, because you don't look sad, yet your don't look happy either. 

I wonder what you were thinking when you took that photo. Probably not, "One day, some girl on the eastern coast will be crying over this moment," and so I still wonder. 

When I finally found out why your name was in that song. Why the others were in that song, it really hit me hard. I'd been bullied when was younger. I always wanted to swing while all the other girls did frilly make overs, and so I was a target of harassment. Just like you and all the others. Except then I was a lot younger and it had nothing to do with who I chose to kiss. 

I kind of wish I'd heard about this out all earlier, and I was remember them talking on the news about the suicides and the bullying, but usually, when I asked about it, my parents didn't want me to know. 

And now I do. And your photo haunts me. And the fact that you weren't the only one who was thirteen hurts me. And I just wish this all didn't happen. 

You are loved. You were special to some one in Tehachapi. And I know someone out there still misses you. But your still loved. By family. By friends. And by some girl on the east coast. 

You will be missed. 

With love,

Some Girl on the East Coast