Status: just started...

Not Afraid to Live

one.

“Ohhh, my little baby is a senior in high school!” my Mother was a classic Italian mom, she was afraid of her baby girl growing up.

“Ma, It’s allright.” I managed to say from her iron hug, “I gotta get going, I’m going to be late.” I said as I slipped out the front door, and into my grey Jeep Cherokee. I drove a few streets until stopping in front of the biggest house in the town, my friend Guy lived here.

“Hello there, Raine.” Guy said as he slid into the passenger’s seat next to me, “Don’t you look dashing today.”

I looked down to check what I was wearing, plain dark jeans, and a Dropkick Murphy’s t-shirt. “Oh well why thank you, my pet.” I replied in my best English accent.

Guy was my best friend, and well pretty much my only friend. I was friendly with other people, but you know just didn’t hang out with them outside of school. Guy was very eccentric to say the least. He was always into film, watching movies, making them; the kid always had a camera in his hand. And right now he was shoving it in my face.

“You know that’s a distraction the driver.” I said as I tried to push the camera away from me with one hand and my other hand on the steering wheel.

“I need to document your feelings right now. Now tell me your finally a senior, what are your big plans for the year?”

“To graduate?”

“Is that really it? No big Senior pranks planned, or crazy and wiild stuff?”

“Uhhh nope haha, but it would be amazing if I got into The Gage Academy of Art. You know that’s been my dream school forever, and I’ve been working my ass off to get a scholarship there. And if I can get into their then I can leave this town for good.” By the end of my speech I voice dropped. Because I knew that was the truth, if I didn’t get out of here, I’d be stuck working at the K-Mart for the rest of my life, because I didn’t have enough money for college so in reality, my whole life is riding on this scholarship

“Oh.” He must have noticed my sudden sadness “so no pranks then?”

“We’ll see.” I said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know no mcr yet but next chapter i promise you some my chem action :)

thanks: adies; for commenting!!!