Marauders.

Autumn

I warned her. I told her not to do it.
But no.
Nobody ever listens to me do they?!
And now, because Juliet was stupid enough to do it, we were stuck here.
By 'here' I mean 20 years in the past.
Confused? I bet you aren’t as confused as Jasper looks right now. He keeps looking at his hands to check if he is real.
Okay, okay, I should rewind.

It was after Transfiguration, and Juliet was skipping ahead of me, swinging her arms, singing at the top of her voice how she had beat me again.
...It was the only subject she was topping me in.
We had bumped into Jasper, who had linked his hand in mine and smiled, just as normal.
As it was lunch, we were going back up to the Ravenclaw common room to drop our bags before going to eat and meeting Draco.
So we did, just like usual.

But as we were clambering down the red carpeted stairs in the entrance hall, Juliet let out a squeal and hopped over the banister, dropping to the floor and bending down to inspect something.
I let out a cry and ran down to where she was.
"Oh my god, Juliet. What were you think-"
She stopped me by holding her hand up.
In her palm was a tiny golden necklace.

Jasper had caught up and gasped when he appeared next to me.
"That’s... a-"
"Time turner." I finished, going to take it from Juliet’s hand.
She clenched it and pouted, "No. My shiny necklace. I found it."
"Juliet." I raised my eyebrows and stared at her. "You do realise what that is?"
"YES!... er...no."

"It’s a time turner." Jasper explained, leaning on the banister. Noticing Juliet’s blank expression, he sighed and continued, "That 'shiny necklace' has the ability to rewind time. Or rather, make the owner go back into the past and re-do parts of their life."
"So, say you took History of Magic and Divination. You could do both even though they are at the same time?" She asked, nodding her head.
"Yes, pretty much."

"But it’s not as simple." I interrupted, "You can notbe seen. Bad things have happened to wizards who have meddled with time. Imagine if you saw yourself bursting into this hall now. You'd think you had gone mad. Just put it back where you found it Jools."
Her face dropped, "But- but!
"Put. It. Back." I put my hands on my hips.
"I found it on the floor though! What if somebody else finds it and breaks it or doesn’t know what it is! It’s best in our hands!" She wobbled her bottom lip like she was going to cry.

Drama Queen.

Jasper rubbed the back of his head, "I hate to admit it, but she is right, Autumn. Imagine that in the hands of a 1st year."
I shot daggers at him and he smiled apologetically.
Juliet grinned and jumped up and down, "So can we keep it?! Can we? Can we? Can we?"
It was like she was asking me to keep a pet puppy or something.
I had no choice but to sigh and go, "Fine."

"Eeeee! I love you Autumn!" She hugged me but I glared at Jasper. This was his fault.
"I’ll warn you now. Don’t use it. I will actually kill you if you use it. Knowing you, something bad would happen."
"Oh pssh. Whatever Autumn. Come on, I need to find Draco and show him!"
With the time turner in one hand, she took my arm with her other and dragged me towards the Great Hall.

Draco was at the Slytherin table, eating with Crabbe and Goyle either side of him.
I felt so many eyes on us as we approached him. No one in other houses ever goes up to Slytherin table.

"Draco!" Juliet cried, letting go of me to wave. "Draco! Draco! Draco!"
"Juliet, shush, I’m right here. What do you want?" Draco rolled his eyes. Jasper shuffled over next to me as I rubbed my arm.
Looking left and right suspiciously, Juliet leaned in to Draco and opened her palm to show him the time turner.
"Merlin, Juliet! Where did you find that?!"
"Oh the floor. It was just by the stairs. Come on. Enough eating for you."
And she literally dragged him off the seat. She was too weak to carry him but she sure made a good enough attempt.

"Juliet. I told you-"
"Shush Autumn."
"Don’t-"
"I said shush, you."
All four of us exited the Great Hall and Juliet shoved us over into a quiet corner underneath the stairs.
She made us take hold of a part of the chain.
"So, how many times do you usually turn it?" She mused.
"You are not serious Juliet. I told you-"
"Depends how far back in time you want to go." Jasper said.
I stomped on his foot really hard then ignored his cries of pain.
He deserves it.
This is only going to end badly.

"Well, I heard that you can set it to different things. So if you click here," Draco flicked a tiny golden switch, "One turn will equal an hour. But if you click here," He pushed it again, "One turn will equal one day."
"What happens if I want to go back a year?" Juliet asked, but before anyone could answer, she pushed the leaver back as far as it could go... and then it snapped off.
"...Oh."
"Oops."
"Juliet!"
She shrugged, and then turned it 5 times.
"JULIET! I TOLD YOU-"
But my shouts were interrupted as the world began to blur.

When my vision cleared, we were still in Hogwarts. It looked the same.
"I feel sick." Jasper let go of the chain and clutched at his stomach.
"You deserve it." I snapped.
"Did it work?" Draco asked, walking a few steps away.
"Look!" All out heads glanced to wear Juliet was pointing. It was the school crest above the door to the Great Hall.

There encrusted in silver was the year 1976.

We had gone back 20 years.

I was going to kill her.