Marauders.

Autumn

I was thrown to the floor with a deafening crack. A sharp sting shot up my spine, crippling me with pain.
I heard a shout that matched my pain.
Looking up was hard, but I managed to see Juliet with her back on the grass, clutching the time turner.
It was dark wherever we were and it seems we had landed at the beginning of the forest. Rolling over, I saw that the source of my pain had been a spiked tree root.

"A-Autumn! I can’t see!" Juliet waved her arms.
I crawled over and punched her arm. "Ouch! What was that for?!"
"Because we are not separated from Jasper and Draco, in the dark, in a time we don’t know, and the time turner is broken! That’s why!" I wheezed out. My lungs hurt.
She leant up and shrugged at me, "It couldn’t get any wor-"
The sky crackled and rain suddenly began to pour, immediately drowning us.
"WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO SAY?!" I roared over the storm. My clothes were dripping.
"...Nothing." Juliet whispered.

We helped each other up and sprinted to the castle over the grass. Inside the Entrance Hall, we collapsed on the floor and just sat listening to the rain battering the iron door behind us.
"So, where are we?" Juliet asked.
I simply pointed to the silver plaque that always indicated the year.
"19...holy crap. It’s not even the same century" Her eyes grew wide at the fact that the date did not start with a 19.
"2015." I gasped.
"That’s like..." She started to count on her fingers, "A lot of years after we have graduated! I wonder what-"
"NO! No wondering for you. Let’s try and fix this time turner, go back for Jazz and Draco, then return to our own bloody time."
"No faiiiiir." She whined, but opened her palm to inspect the necklace.
My head shot up as I heard footsteps.

"Is someone there?" A man’s voice. Kind of familiar....
"Crap. Juliet, we have to go." I hushed at her urgently.
I dragged her behind a statue and peeked over to see who it was.
"Oh my... Merlin’s beard...." Juliet grinned at me once she spotted the man.
"It’s...." My voice trailed off.
He was gorgeous. He was so bloody cute. It was Jasper... in 2015. Meaning he was like 35 or something I guessed.

"Oh my God, Juliet. What do I do?" I whispered.
"Nothing. I think I’ve fixed this necklace."
"But I want to-"
"Sorry. Nope."
And she flung the chain around my neck. The future Jasper faded and was replaced with a blur that hurt my eyes.

A few seconds later and it was daylight. Juliet peeled off the chain and stepped out from behind the statue.
"We're back?" I asked curiously. It looked the same... but I couldn’t be sure. My mind was fixed on the future Jasper. I wanted to know what his life was like. If I was in his life... At least I knew he was a teacher of some sorts. He will be pleased with that.
Then I remembered how pissed I was at him for starting this whole time business and shoved the thought to the back of my mind.

"Oh...Autumn. I don’t think so. I was close though!"
"1977. One year off."
"Or a few months. It can’t be long..."
A shrill bell rang and students began to flood into the entrance hall. Must be end of the day by the way everyone was acting. No one was rushing to class or to lunch.

"Come on, we gotta find them." Juliet grabbed my wrist.
"Who?"
"Sirius and the lot."
"Why? Aren’t we looking for Jazz and Draco?"
"Jazz and Draco will hopefully be with them. Or at least Sirius can tell us what happened to them after we left."
"Ah ok. Check outside first."
So we flew outside and felt so relieved. At least one of the Marauders was sat outside by the tree.

I ran towards Lupin waving my arms.
His jaw dropped open in surprise.
"No way. Autumn!"
I waved to him and jumped the last distance so he could hug me. Juliet panted and caught up.

"Oh my god you have no idea what we have been though Remus." She collapsed on the floor with a red face, "Remind me to never run that fast again."
"W-what are you guys doing here? You disappeared 3 months ago and nothing since then! I’m so glad you’re here!" He grabbed my hands, making me feel kind of awkward.
He's my teacher, I kept reminding myself.

"Well, that thing that Sirius spun was a time turner. We went forward in time, then fixed it and managed to get back here. It’s a long story." I explained.
He beamed at me, "I... kind of missed you."
Juliet scoffed but I ignored her. "Same." My hand went to his neck, "You have new scars." I traced one with my forefinger and he grimaced.
"Yeah don’t remind me..."

It was silent for a second but then Juliet jumped up. "So where’s Sirius? I need to speak to him. I have a few questions."
"Should be coming out of the hall now. If you go now, you won’t miss him."
"Thanks." And she sped off back to the castle.
"-Juliet!" I called after her but she was long gone. "We really shouldn’t split up..." I said to no one.
But Remus had other ideas.
He caught my hand and spun me so I was facing him.
I felt uneasy and tried to wriggle away but he was pretty strong.

"Autumn. Did I say I missed you?"
"Err... yes. You did."
"It’s true. Even though I didn’t know you for long, I felt like I really knew you, you know?"
"Er..."
"And I know you are...or rather were with that Jasper guy but if you could give me a chance..."
Wait. What? Where? What happened to Jasper?!
"What did you say about J-"
I was cut off because he softly pressed his lips to mine.
Oh my god I’m kissing my teacher.

Suddenly, I pushed myself away but pressing my hands to his chest and took a few steps back.
"Oh no... No. I’m so sorry. No. Oh my God."
Then I ran away back to Juliet, wondering what the hell happened to Jasper and Draco.