Marauders.

Autumn

"So," I started pacing up and down with everyone’s eyes on me. "We are back in the same time, but there has been an overlap of..." I glanced at my watch."Half an hour. Exactly."
"That means-" Juliet sprang up.
"Don’t interrupt me, I’m thinking."

She sank back down again, looking like a kicked puppy.
"So, we are still here. As in, we haven’t gone back in time yet. And we have the time turner. That all happens later."
I clicked my fingers, "Unless!"
Wow, I think I just had an epiphany. I’m such a genius sometimes.
"Unless?" Jasper asked, running his hands through his hair."
"Unless. No... It couldn’t be that simple." I muttered to myself.
"Care to tell?" Draco rolled his eyes, looking annoyed.
"Come on. And we can’t be seen!" I grabbed Juliet’s arms and yanked her towards the door.
Inside, there were only a few people milling about which was lucky.
And they all looked young. Like first, second years. Good.

Hurriedly, I made my way over to the exact spot where Juliet had first found the time turner.
The other three followed, unsure of what I was thinking.
Sure enough, I was right.
As soon as Juliet got there, she tripped and the time turner fell out of her hands and rolled to a stop on the floor.
She went to pick it up again but I held up my hand, "Stop. Leave it. Don’t you see?"

Three sets of blank eyes stared at me.
Aw jeez. And I thought Jasper might have clicked on of all people.
"We put the time turner here. We caused ourselves to go back into the past in the first place. Look."
They all glanced to the necklace on the floor, "It's in the exact spot that Juliet found it in."
"So we gotta leave it here for me to find it?" Juliet asked, unsure of whether she understood.
"Yes, exactly. I have no idea what would happen to us now if we didn’t find that time turner in half an hour.”

Draco was baffled, "My head hurts. I don’t get this whole... wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff. Argh!" He clutched at his head.
Juliet patted him with a smile, "Don’t worry. You aren’t as genius as me."
"You? I figured it out." I said. I didn’t want Juliet stealing my thunder.
"And you did brilliantly." Jasper took my hand.
It felt weird. I mean, three months had passed for him, where only minutes had passed for me.

We would just have to deal with that.
And then there was the thing with Lupin... Oh dear. I’d have to tell Jasper at some point.
My former teacher kissed me when he was a teenager. Ergh. I shuddered at the memory. Not that he wasn’t good looking... it was just- Ergh.

"So, how do we get back to normality then?" Draco sighed, shoving Juliet away from him.
"Well, there must be another time turner in this moment." I explained, waving my free hand out.
"There must?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Yes. Because-" I was cut off when I heard a high pitched giggle. Juliet. Or rather, Juliet from the past.
I grabbed as many of their collars as I could and we perched hidden behind the statue.

"What is it?" Juliet wriggled and elbowed Jazz in the face. "Oops sorry, Jazz."
"No worrie-"
"Sh! Look!" I pointed and watched and the past Juliet hopped over the banister and dropped down to examine the time turner that we just left.
"Oh wow! I’m so ninja." Juliet laughed.
I put my hand over her mouth despite her protests.

"Oh my God, Juliet. What were you think-"
Oh my god, is that really what I sound like? And ew, what is my hair doing.
Argh. Shut up, I told myself.
We were silent as we watched Juliet hold the time turner to me.
"That’s... a-" And there was Jasper. He looked as cute as always...
"Time turner." I heard myself speak again and my hand reached out.

Juliet clutched it and pouted, "No. My shiny necklace. I found it."
"Juliet." I had raised my eyebrows and stared at her. "You do realise what that is?"
"YES!... er...no."
"It’s a time turner."
It was so tense while we listened to Jasper explain from our hiding place.
I took this opportunity to shoot daggers and Juliet and growl, "I told you! Look! I knew we would get in this mess."

She just pulled a funny face and licked the hand that was covering her mouth.
"Ew, gross!"
"Look, we’re leaving." Juliet said after I had wiped my palm on her sleeve.
She was right.
"Well that was a weird experience." Jasper ruffled his hair.
"Whatever. Let’s go." Draco huffed. Probably annoyed he didn’t get to see himself.