Status: active

World So Cold

Luke

After a brief conversation about music with the boy named Dante, the atmosphere grew tangibly awkward. Me, being the wonderful conversationalist I am, couldn’t think of a single thing to say that wouldn’t make me sound pathetic, creepy, or both.

He would occasionally glare at the IVs running through my arms as if glowering at them would make them disappear or something.

I did have the lack of grace to ask him why he was here, seeing as how he didn’t look like the “Here, let me help you” kind of guy. He laughed at me in response before informing me that he had a little incident with the law, which landed him here. Unfortunately this information served to do nothing but make me more curious about the guy.

Finally, relief came in the form of Sheyenne. She returned to the room looking tentative, until she saw us. Then she smiled mischievously.

“Look who I found in the car!” she announced quietly as to not wake Ashley up. I looked at her curiously until she produced a familiar lime colored tub.

I laughed and took the jar, cradling it gently, and then remembered the existence of a certain gorgeous creature and realized I probably looked like the world’s biggest freak. At which point I abruptly shoved the jar back at Sheyenne.

She grinned wickedly before turning to the other male in the room. “Say hi to Mr. Squishy.” She demanded, holding the tub crudely labeled as such out to him.

Dante looked utterly confused (which was adorable).

Shy thrust the tub at him again. “Say hi to Mr. Squishy.” She insisted once more in a deadly serious tone.

I giggled as he shot me a slightly alarmed look before turning back to my sister. Finally, he looked around (probably to make sure there was no hidden camera watching) and whispered “Hello Mr. Squishy.”

Sheyenne smirked before opening the tub. “Now poke his jiggly.”

I got the feeling if it were anyone else, Dante would have them sprawling on the floor. He looked like he was about to, too, until he looked over at me. Instead, he wrinkled his nose and peered in at the gushy mass. “What the fuck is it? It looks like jellyfish shit.”

Repressing the intriguing question of how he would know what jellyfish poop looks like, I pouted. “Poke his jiggly. You’ll hurt his feelings if you don’t.”

Sighing, he extended his finger and gingerly poked Mr. Squishy.

Sheyenne and I immediately started clapping. “Now would you mind explaining?” he asked with a perplexed expression on his face.

I cleared my throat and picked up the little tub. “It’s only hair gel. You can calm down. It’s just an ongoing joke we have.”

Dante sighed in relief. He didn’t ask, which was good because if he did, the answer may have scared him away. (It’s not our fault we have a fascination with naming and keeping inanimate objects!)

It was silent for a while. Finally I spoke up. “Um. So… You must have all the girls falling over you?” In all honesty, I was fishing. No, not with the pole and the worm on a hook. Fishing for information.

He snorted. “Unfortunately.”

Sheyenne’s eyes flitted back and forth before blurting, “Luke’s gay.”

I groaned, mortified that my sister would take it upon herself to divulge personal information. Personal information that’s potentially damaging. Why in all things sacred, would she feel the need to say that without knowing what he thought about homosexuality? Then again, if he ran to the hills screaming, I somehow doubt she would lose any sleep over the matter.

He glanced at me briefly before turning back to her. “That’s nice.” Was all he said. I almost died right then and there. That’s ALL he said. With not even a clue into what he was thinking when he said it. Curse people and their ability to hide things from me!

My sister didn’t say anything, just smirked at me. At that point, if an alien came in and sucked her brains out with a tubey thing, I. WOULD. NOT. CARE.

Dante casually looked at his watch, and practically jumped out of his skin when he saw the time. “I gotta run.” He announced hurriedly, practically running out of the room before I had any time to react.

Not even ten seconds later he was back at the door. “Will you… Be Back?”

I nodded. “Next week.”

He smiled that smirk that made your knees weak at me and nodded. “See you next week.” Before disappearing out the door again.

Shy only waited a grand total of ten seconds after he left to grin cheekily at me. “He liiiiiiiiiikes you.” She announced pretending to swoon.
I just stared at her. “No he doesn’t, stupid… And are you on crack or something? You’re supposed to be cranky and I’m supposed to be the one over-obsessing.

She just scowled at me. “I’m not over-obsessing. I was making an observation” she announced sulkily.

There’s the Sheyenne I know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took longer than usual. I had a mild case of lazy and a severe case of writers block. But I got it out, just because I love you. I would give credit to people who commented, but I'm too anxious to get this out. But you know who you are nd you know we love you(:

hermits and moose.