Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 1

In the large house Clover Mae lived in, she spent a portion of it in her room, listening to music. Mae, as she liked to be called, could listen to music for hours on end, never leaving her room if it wasn't for her parents. Being an only child, her parents bothered her a lot. It annoyed Mae, but she realized she was all they had. Her dad had cancer, but he was in remission, and doing better for now and wanted to spend time with her as much as he could, but Mae was mad that they would not buy her the concert tickets she wanted.

Mae's room consisted of many posters, most of which were Gerard Way, Frank Iero, and then full band pictures of My Chemical Romance. The music on her I-Pod was mostly MCR, Paramore, and other bands that fit her interests. Her favorite band, MCR, was coming to her city for the first time. A few weeks ago, she would have killed to go to that concert, but her parent's wouldn't buy her any tickets, and she, herself was out of money. She was surprised she didn't get her way, because her family had a lot of money, and usually bought her anything...but being as her birthday was in a few days, they did not want to buy it for her.

It was a hot day, and it was very busy outside. Cars were zooming past, as if in a hurry, as the sun boiled down on her pool backyard. Mae was listening to "Na Na Na" by MCR, quietly singing along, while lying on her bedroom floor looking up at her posters. If she could live her whole life like this, Mae wouldn't be bummed at all. She was thinking about how wonderful it was, trying to convince herself it was better than a concert by far---no pushing, shoving, getting lost----- when there was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Who is it?" She grunted, not thrilled at all. If they weren't gonna let her go to the concert, and were going to interrupt her while she was at least imagining it, she was not going to be nice.

"The only other person that's home, silly," her dad called out, "Clover Mae, can you come out for a moment?" He sounded happy, but Mae didn't feel like stopping her music. She sighed.

"Seriously, Dad, can you PLEASE go somewhere else...like the park or something, I don't care, just let me listen to my music in peace."

"Come on sweetie, I have a surprise for you.."

"A surprise? You mean like last time when you attacked me with a clown mask on? No surprises for me, please."

"No, it's good this time, just come out."

"GO. AWAY." Mae screamed, and blasted her music even louder. A few minutes later she heard the car pull out of he driveway, and she was pleased. She started dancing around to the music, laughing. She went up to the bathroom to look in the mirror. Her black hair was pulled back in a messy bun, and her eyeliner was smeared all over her face.

"Huh, I look like a mess..." she mumbled as she turned to the shower. She turned the shower on and waited for it to get hot, looking in the mirror again. In Mae's opinion, she looked a few years older than she really was. People mistook her for 18 all the time when she wore her glasses, but now that she wore contacts, she felt she looked more 16, 17ish. She didn't feel 15 at all.

The shower started to steam, so Mae undressed and stepped in. The warmth felt good on her back, and the water gently massaged her. She stood with the water running just soaking in the warmth as time went by.

"Na na na..." she started, laughing. She never really was the type to sing in the shower, but being home alone she felt in the mood. "Drugs gimme drugs gimme drugs, I don't need it..." Suddenly, the house phone started ringing. Mae sighed, and ignored it, scrubbing her hair clean. ".....but I'll sell what you got, take the cash, and I'll keep it.." After the phone stopped ringing, her cell phone started vibrating. She sighed again, and dried her body off quickly to answer the phone. The phone read "Mom".

"Mom, you better make it quick, I have conditioner in my hair!" Mae yelled into the phone. She could hear her Mom crying softly into the phone.

"Clover, honey, calm down. Your dad got into a car accident...he died on his way to the hospital," her mom said, through sobs. "They called my work and told me. He told them all he wanted was for your birthday to be wonderful, and that he loves you a lot...they said he was crying, not only from the pain but from the heart-ache too, they could tell... I talked to him right before it happened. How could you have been so mean to him, honey? I guess that doesn't matter to you, you can go finish your shower now." The line went dead.

She processed what she had just heard. All her life she feared his cancer was taking over, killing him slowly, when really....it was her fault he died in the end. She rinsed out her hair and got dressed slowly fighting the sobs. She walked into her room and lied down once more, the song "Cancer" was now playing from her I-Pod.

"OH SHUT UP!" She screamed, throwing a pillow at her i-pod, as the music continued, and she finally let herself cry. She laid there crying for a while, thinking. Her dad had always been there for her. Even when he was ill, he did whatever he could to protect his only daughter. A daughter who has become to selfish, she wouldn't even come out to see his surprise because he wouldn't buy her the tickets she wanted. She got up and walked to her bathroom. She grabbed a razor and looked at it..she had never cut herself before but she knew people who did. Was it worth it, she wondered? She had just killed her dad.

"I HATE YOU!" she screamed, cutting her arm open. The pain was terrible, but she was a terrible person. She fell to the bathroom floor crying, and then the front door opened and her mom called her name. Mae grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her arm. She walked out to the kitchen, and, her mom looking more sad than mad, hugged her tightly. Then her mom pulled back.

"Clover, honey what happened to your arm?"

"Shaving, it's nothing," she lied.

"Clover Mae, you don't shave your arms. What happened?" She repeated in a sterner tone.

"I'm serious." Clover said, walking away. She walked into the living room and saw some bill-like thing on the table. She walked up to it.

"Mom, what's this?"

It read "Mcr Concert, June 27th, Posi, California 6:00-10:00, Posi Stadium."

"Your dad bought you those honey, he wanted your birthday to be wonderful so he bought you tickets to the concert." Her mom said, crying.