Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 10

The moon shone in through the windows, as the night rolled in, and Clover Mae lay silently in Gerard's bedroom.

"You know what the worst part of all of this is?" She said, barely looking towards Gerard, who was sitting beside her.

"What?"

"That I was supposed to walk home last night, my mom trusted I knew the way, and even though it's been almost 24 hours, my phone hasn't received a single phone call." Mae wiped her nose, and looked at the ceiling, which had countless glow-in-the-dark stars. "I mean, Blake was always her favorite, I was never EVER her favorite. I had the good grades, but he had the awards in sports and stuff."

"Clover Mae, you're all she has now. You can't just leave her like that. She's lost EVERYONE."

"Well she lost me a long time ago, I was just never gone."

"Mae, you know what I admire about you?"

"What?"

"You just don't give a shit." Gerard thought for a second. "I could never be like that. I always care too much." He adjusted himself to lay beside Mae, facing upwards towards the fake stars. "I like to just lay here and imagine they're real, and pretend I'm laying in the grass or something. I used to wish there would be someone here to imagine with me, see constellations, because the stars don't shine so bright here, but then I realized how stupid it was."

"Those stars look like the big dipper," Mae said pointing in a random direction. "And that looks like a heart." Gerard scooted closer towards her, putting his arm around her. She smiled, and continued to look at the stars.

~

Frank and Mikey walked past Gerard's room and heard him and Mae talking about the stars, and joking around, and laughing.

"I've never heard him this happy before. Ever." Frank said, thoughtful.

"Yeah, I haven't either. It's almost as if they're in love." Mikey smiled.

"You never know, Mikey. It doesn't take too much to fall in love. They've been through a lot today." Frank walked past the door and into his own room, where he sat and looked up to the ceiling, which only had one star. He left it there to remind him no matter what, Gerard was his best friend. And whatever made him happy, was alright with him.

Mae and Gerard fell asleep watching the fake stars, in each other's arms.