Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 2

Mae stared at the tickets and wondered how someone like her could ever deserve them. Still processing the fact that her dad was dead on her behalf, Mae ran to her bedroom and cried, the song "Disenchanted" playing from her I-Pod. Her mom was crying in her own bedroom, and Mae felt out of place. The absence of her dad was one thing, her mom crying another, but the empty feeling inside her was the worst feeling of all. If she had just stopped what she was doing for one minute, he would still be there. If she had not said one thing, he would still be there. If she had just cared the tiniest bit, he would still be there. But it was too late for that. He was gone.

Mae stayed in her room for days crying. Never once did she turn her I-Pod off, but never once did a song make her feel any better. She checked her cell phone and it was June 26th. Meaning the concert that had caused it all was the next day. Meaning it was her birthday. Mae walked out into the kitchen to see her mom with a cake.

"Happy Birthday sweetie," her mom said as happy as she could make herself to come to. Mae could not smile. Although the cake was her favorite carrot cake, it did not look appetizing to her at all.

"Thanks," she said hugging her mom, "Mom, I don't want to go to the concert tomorrow..." she admitted, sighing.

"Why not?"

"Don't you see? I wanted them so badly I let him DIE because of it! I made an ass out of myself because I didn't get what I wanted for the first time."

"Clover Mae, I know you feel like it's your fault but don't...don't say that, your dad would want you to go anyways, it---"

"Oh, so you want me to fucking LIE to myself then!"

Clover Mae ran to her room, crying again. She thought about the tickets. If she hadn't been selfish about the tickets, it wouldn't have happened. Her mom was right. The least she could do was go. And she would go.

Mae spent the rest of her birthday in her room, asking her mom to return all the gifts, and to eat the cake herself. Mae didn't feel like she was worth it. She fell asleep as the song "Welcome to the Black Parade" was playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short!! More later(: