Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 3

It had been no more than a week since Mae's dad passed away, and it was no more than an hour until the concert. She slowly put her eyeliner on the best she could, not in hopes to see Gerard, for she knew the possibility of that was slim, but just to look decent for other MCR fans. She was wearing her favorite outfit (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=26773954) and she was ready to go. It would be the best night of her life.

She was trying to be as positive as she could, and Mae's dad had not been mentioned since the day before. Her mom knew how it affected Mae now, and Mae knew it would just bring her mom to tears. As she got into her mom's car, she thought about her dad's truck. The car that took her to school, the mall, the park, everywhere, was now gone, totaled somewhere. Her mom's car felt like a distant land to her. She thought about her first date, and how after she was brought home, her and the guy, Josh, hung out in the back of her dad's truck. Her first kiss was there too. It all seemed like such a long time ago now.

The place where the concert was at was close, but not close enough to walk, so Mae had to take the tragic car ride of memories. She really hated not being able to do anything without the memory of her dad. She loved him, she missed him, but she could not stand the feeling of knowing it was all her fault.

They were more than halfway to the concert now, and Mae hadn't talked to her mom once. It was an awkward car ride, and Mae couldn't help wondering why her mom was acting the way she was. Mae looked out the window and looked at the passing trees. They passed by the park she and her dad had once had a picnic at when she was little. She remembered that day so well.

Her and her dad had been in a little fight the day before. Nothing big, just a regular child thing. Being 8 she didn't know better. Her dad obviously didn't care, since he was taking her to the park. He smiled as he got out a basket filled with all of her favorite foods. They sat on the grass eating, as her father's smile turned into a frown. Clover Mae could tell something was wrong. She kept eating, but her dad kept looking off in the distance, and so she started to cry.

"Daddy," she said through sobs, "what's wrong? You're scaring me." Her dad looked at her, as if just remembering she was there. He bit his lip.

"Clover honey, you know how you learned about cancer in school?" She nodded. "Well honey, me and your mommy went to the doctor and he says Daddy has it." Clover Mae continued to cry, and hugged her dad, wondering why such a thing could happen to such a great guy.


Wondering why such a thing could happen to such a great guy, not knowing that guy was dead now, all because of her. Clover Mae was tearing up now at the memory, as she realized they were there. She wiped the tears and got out of the car. It was a half an hour until the concert.

5:30 in the summertime was still pretty bright outside in Posi, and it was hot. Mae instantly wondered why she hadn't worn shorts.

Mae didn't have many friends, so she was left at the concert alone. Clover Mae was an only child, yes, but that was only NOW. Before, there were two of them, Clover Mae and Blake Dillon. Blake was Clover's twin brother. When they were 14, they both would go hang out with their group of friends, and Blake would always smoke weed, while Clover just watched. She didn't want to be brought into it. One day one of their friends brought hard drugs, and she pleaded her brother not to take it, to just ignore them, but he wouldn't listen. She tried to remind him he was so young with such a life ahead of him. But he took it. Clover Mae started running home. She refused to watch it. Turns out his first trip, was a bad one. She soon realized the friends only wanted her for her brother, and now that he was gone, she was nothing.

Mae stood in the line and looked ahead and saw her old friends. They looked totally drugged out and Mae laughed at the thought of it. Many of her friends that had come and gone since them smoked weed, and Mae didn't think it was too bad, but whatever had killed her brother, she hoped would kill them.

She looked at her watch and it was 5:45 now. 15 minutes until the concert. She smiled, tonight was going to be amazing.

As soon as the line started move forward, Mae felt the excitement rush through her body. This is the best gift ever, she thought.