Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 4

"The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary. It's time to do it now, and do it loud, Killjoys make some noise!"

The whole crowd started screaming, including Mae. Mae started to sing along, smiling the whole time.

"Well let me tell ya 'bout the sad man. Shut up and let me see your jazz hands," The whole audience threw their hands in the air. "Remember when you were a madman, thought you was BATMAN, and hit the party with the gas can, KISS ME YOU ANIMAL!"

Mae looked over and saw a couple making out. She suddenly felt lonely. She had only ever had one boyfriend in her life. She blew it off and looked back up at Gerard. There was a second she swore they locked eyes. She continued to sing along, until the song was over.

"Wow, what an amazing audience," Gerard said, smiling, "We're gonna sing a song from the Black Parade. We're gonna sing Famous Last Words, you all remember that song?" The crowd screamed really loud, and so did Mae, it was one of her favorite songs.

"Now I know, that I can't make you stay. But where's your heart? But where's your heart? But wheres your...and I know, there's nothing I can say. To change that part....to change that part...to change..." Mae started dancing, smiling, laughing. She swore it was the best night of her life. Deep inside, she knew it was wrong.

"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone! Honey, if you stay you'll be forgiven, nothing you can say can stop me going home..."

Mae sang along to her favorite song, and after that, to Sing, Destroya, Helena, and more, and then, after a long night there was only one song left.

"Thanks you guys," Gerard said, "That was very enthusiastic.." He pushed his red hair out of his face, smiling. "We're gonna sing one last song, we're gonna sing from our Black Parade album...you all should remember it, it umm... it's called Cancer.."

Mae's heart dropped. The song reminded her of her dad. She wasn't sure if she was going to be able to stand there and listen without crying.

"Turn away, if you could get me a drink of water cause my lips are chapped and faded, call my Aunt Marie, help her gather all my things, and bury me...." Mae started tearing up. She tried her best to stay cheerful but she just couldn't anymore. "In all my favorite colors, my sisters and my brothers still, I will not kiss you, 'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you."

Mae looked around. Everyone was doing the waving candlesticks motion while she was crying. She felt like a fool.

"Now turn away, cause I'm awful just to see, cause all my hairs abandoned on my body, oh the agony. Know that I will never marry, baby I'm just soggy from the chemo, but counting down the days to go, it just aint living, and I just hope you know.."

Mae wiped the tears from her eyes. This song had always reminded her of her father, even when he was alive, even when he was in remission, even now. As the band wrapped it up, they went backstage and Mae was still tearing up. She walked out of the stadium, grabbing her phone. She had a text message.

From: Mom
I 4got I had work 2nite. Ur gonna have 2 walk home. U no the way.

Mae read it multiple times, trying to see if it was possibly a question. She sighed when she realized there was no option. As everyone was outside the tour bus waiting on Gerard and the band to come and visit them, Mae just sat in the corner wondering what she was going to do about it. She knew the way home, but it was 10:10 PM, and she didn't like walking in the dark.

"Screw it," she muttered, getting up. As cars were driving away, as people came to the realization they were not coming out of the bus, Mae saw two cars almost collide upon exiting. She stopped, remembering her dad. EVERYTHING reminded her of her dad. She decided since cars were still leaving, she'd just sit there.

It was about 11:30 and there was nothing left except for the tour bus. Mae didn't know where the time went, or why she was still crying, but she knew it was time for her to go. She got up, remembering the bridge by the park, over the big lake that ran through Posi. Her brother was dead, her father was dead, and her mother hated her. No one would miss her. She walked along the dark sidewalk, around a few trees, and to the big bridge. A few cars were still driving by, but not many. Posi was never busy at night.

Mae heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see, but no one was there. She assumed it was just a squirrel or a stray animal. She kept walking, and stood in the center of the bridge. It was dead quiet. She had never seen anyone commit suicide before, so she didn't know what to do. She stood on the edge awkwardly, when she heard footsteps again. This time they stopped, and Mae saw the figure of a body facing towards her.

"Stop," his voice said. "You have so much to live for, you're beautiful, and it's not worth it. Someone out there will miss you no matter what you did wrong, or whatever made you feel this way."

He walked forward, and she could see the light shining on the figure's red hair. Mae looked at Gerard.

"It's not worth living anymore. My brother died, I KILLED my dad, my mom hates me, why should I even try anymore? If it were any other fan right here, you would say the same exact thing, I'm no different." And so she jumped.