Status: Finally a new chapter:) And a new layout, the other one seemed kind of...eh

Disenchanted

Chapter 8

Gerard's heart sank as he heard the door. He lay back down on the red bed, looking up at the pure white ceiling. His eyes burned from holding back tears as he thought of Mae and the night before, and everything he had just said to her. Frank walked into the room and sat on the bed.

"Gee, I'm sorry." Frank started, frowning.

"No, I deserved it. I deserve everything. I shouldn't...I shouldn't have...have saved..."

"Don't EVER say that, Gee, you did the right thing, she just didn't feel the same way. She has a really rough life, it seems. Just give her a day, she'll be back."

"No she won't. And that hurts, Frank, it hurts like I'm being stabbed with a million fucking knives. I just want to go back to the concert, and I want to...I want to just grab her. Grab her before she even thinks about jumping. And I want to hold her, and tell her she's going to be okay, because honestly now I don't think she will. Something's going to happen to her, out there alone, Frank. And I will feel responsible. Because it's my fucking fault."

"It's not your fault. Don't bring it upon yourself. Mae is just confused," Frank paused. "Gee, have you ever loved anyone like you love her?"

"Honestly, no I haven't. I've never had so much...passion about it. I've never wanted to save someone like I do her. And I know it's been just a day but..I love her." Gee grew silent.

"I love you too, if that means anything." Mae walked in the room. Gee looked at the door, as Mae sat beside him.

"Mae," Gerard said, kissing her cheek. "You came back." Mae nodded.

"As I was walking away, I had a feeling that what I was doing was wrong. And then I remembered about a week before my dad died, he said to me 'Mae, you're always giving up. I hope you never give up on love.. Never EVER give up on love because I garauntee it is the best feeling in the world,' and then I thought about you, and I wondered if it's too soon to love you, and then I decided I didn't care. And I realized I was being really selfish, to throw away probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. And now I'm back here and I....I'm sorry."

"Mae..."

"I understand if you don't want me here, but I want to be here. More than anything." Gee grabbed Mae and kissed her. Frank smiled and left the room, as they continued to kiss. Frank went back to Mikey and Ray.

"What's going on in there?" Mikey asked, confused, yet suspicious.

"Kissing."

"GO GEE, GET SOME!" Mikey yelled, laughing. Gee and Mae stopped kissing, and looked at eachother, laughing.

"Hey, Gee, can I take a shower?" Mae asked. "I feel kind of gross."

"Yeah sure, do you need some clothes?" Gerard offered.

"Yes, please." Gerard went to a different room and rummaged through the drawers. He eventually grabbed a shirt and some shorts. "Thanks."

Mae turned the water on hot, and looked in the mirror. Her makeup was still messed up and her hair was greasy and a mess. She heard Gerard walk away, and she undressed and got in the shower. The warm water thawed her bones, and she relaxed.

"Sing it out, boy you've got to see what tomorrow brings, sing it out girl you've got to be what tomorrow needs..." Gerard walked by and heard Mae singing. He quietly opened the door and sat on the counter. "For everytime that they want to count you out," Mae continued.

"Use your voice every single time you open up your mouth," Gerard sang along. Mae stopped.

"Gerard, what are you doing here?" Mae asked laughing, "Can I take a shower alone or...?"

"How do I know you wont drown?" Gerard asked, jokingly.

"Whatever." Mae said, grabbing a towel and drying off. Gerard left the room and Mae quickly got dressed. She saw Gerard waiting right outside the door.