This Must be Fiction

You Are Joining an Emotional Break-Down Already in Progress

He was gone when I woke up. I started a pot of coffee and took a shower while it was brewing. I attempted to piece together my night, but it was difficult. I remember Jeremy. And the fight. Did Ville carry me home? What happened when we got here? Did he sleep in the bed with me?

I was still contemplating these thoughts when Ville strolled in the door as i poured a cup of coffee.

"Morning sleeping beauty." He said as he walked in my direction. He stopped when he was in front of me.

"Good morning. Where were you?"

"Out for a walk. It's a beautiful day." he said as he leaned down and kissed the top of my head. It was a familiar feeling, but I didn't know why.

"What was that for?" I asked, trying to sound polite.

"I don't know... I thought maybe it'd make you feel better."

"mmm. It did." i mumbled. I inhaled his scent. Cigarettes, cologne, something musky. Something else masked the cigarettes and musk, but i couldn't place it. It smelled like sunshine, i guess would be the only way to put it. It was beautiful.

"Soo..." I started as I sat down on the couched and flipped on the TV. "How did you get us into the club last night?"

Ville laughed. "The guy at the door was a fan of mine."

"A fan? Of what?"

"My band." He took a seat next to me and layed his arm casually on the back of the couch.

"You have a band?" I asked into my cup while taking a sip.

"Yes. From Helsinki. We're not as well known in the US but I guess we have some pretty devoted fans."

"Oh. I didn't know that. So you're famous?"

"In some respects, I suppose. I don't really consider myself to be so, but like I said, we have fans." he started moving his hands around in the air.

"Whats your bands name?"

"HIM. His Infernal Majesty. HIM for short."

"Cool. Do you have a CD or anything?"

"With me? No. Why would I need one of those?" he asked, smiling.

"Ehh I don't know. Maybe in case you just happen to go on a cross-country road trip with a young girl who has never heard your band. I suppose only for that reason though." I joked, peaking at him from the corner of my eye.

"Very funny." He leaned down and gently bumped foreheads with me. it was a very friendly gesture. It kind of made me realize how close we had become in such a short time. It amazed me, actually. Other than my mother and Lizzie, I had never opened up to someone like this before.

"So.. want to tell me what happened last night? I only remember pieces."

"Ah well, it was eventful."

"Oh god..." I finished the coffee and slammed the cup down on the table.

"Well you almost made off with some strange boy. I ended up fighting him, winning, and then getting us chased away. You tried to sleep on the sidewalk and I had to carry you home. You know, same shit, different day."

"I'm sorry about all of that. I'm not normally such a crazy drunk." I was too embarrassed to look at him.

"Ah no worries dear. It was actually a pretty tame night in comparison to other drunken adventures I've had." He patted my leg, leaving me to shiver.

Hours later we had packed up my car with our things and left on our journey to California. He decided to drive because I was far too hungover to drive for a long period of time.

"How long shall we continue on for?" Ville asked, taking a sip of the coffee I was holding. I noticed his face got slightly crumpled and disgusted after he swallowed. Maybe he preferred it black.

"As long as you can before you feel like we have to stop."

"I can drive us all the way to California, if you like."

"Umm... well I'm not going to want to stay in this car for that long."

"Ok then."

We drove for over 12 hours until I could barely feel my legs anymore.

"Where are we?" I asked as the sun was setting. Ville pulled into a parking lot of a really shady motel, but it was the only thing we could find that wasn't full.

"I have no idea. I think like Colorado? I'm not sure. I've just been driving West." He put the car in park and started to climb out of the door.

"I'll check us in." I said, heading towards the front desk.

"No you won't. Stay here. I'll pay." Ville said, running towards the front desk at a faster pace. I stopped walking, he was going to beat me to it anyway. I sighed and brushed the hair out of my face. It was nice of Ville to want to pay for everything, but I didn't need his charity. This trip was supposed to be an experience for me, it was supposed to make me more responsible and think about my life. I could take responsibility for things if someone else was paying for everything.

I took our bags out of the back seat and layed them on the ground. Ville came back with two room keys and smiled at me.

"We're all set." He handed me a key. I smiled unconsciously and started walking towards our room.

"Are you ok?" he asked, catching up to my fast walking pace.

"Yeah. Great."

Our room didn't have a couch, only one bed and a chair. I rolled my eyes. He HAS to sleep with me in the bed. And I won't be drunk this time so it'll be awkward. Awesome.

"Care to tell me what's bothering you?" He asked as he threw his bags on the foot of the bed. Ville had caught me at just the wrong moment. If he had waited just one more minute maybe I wouldn't have exploded at him.

"You're treating me like a child! I get it- you're a big boy and can pay for everything yourself with your fancy band and your lots of money. I don't have all of that money, but this trip was supposed to make me survive on my own and you're ruining this experience for me. You weren't even supposed to be here!" I shouted, turning around and storming off into the bathroom. I didn't really know why i blew up, but I felt guilty about it. He didn't deserve my aggression, but I didn't know how to handle my feelings anymore. I missed my family, I was confused, I was trying to find myself, and Ville just happened to join an emotional breakdown in process when he decided to come with me. I wasn't even really that upset (although it did bother me) that he continued to pay for my expenses. But Ville probably thought I was a child now, considering I was about 9 years younger than him, and he would rethink his decision to join me in my journey and tell me to fuck off.

A knock came to the door.

"So...want to tell me what's really wrong?" He asked, sympathetically. I started to tear up.

Why would he act so casual after I had just basically told him to mind his own business and
that I didn't appreciate his generosity? God my mind was playing tricks on me. What was going on in my head?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a filler I guess, more to come soon, possibly tonight. I hope u like my story so far!