This Must be Fiction

The Day After

When I woke up Ville was gone, like usual, and I desperately tried to re-piece the previous days events. It seemed like a weeks worth of happenings to me, and it made me wish that I could tell Lizzie about my experience with the car and Ville, and going to the club the night before that, but I was worried I might be tempted to tell her the truth about him.

I dragged my body lazily into the kitchenette area and made a bowl of cereal after I took some aspirin for the splitting headache I had. Glancing into the tiny refrigerator I noticed I was almost out of food. The cereal crunched between my teeth as I mowed over the thought of going grocery shopping soon. I was steadily running out of money and the thought of a job was always on my mind, but that of course would entail staying longer in L.A, and potentially not returning to New York where my heart was. The spoon I used clanked heavily in the small sink and shook the thoughts from my mind and brought them back to Ville.

There wasn't really anything in particular I was thinking about, just reliving the events of last night and dissecting each part individually.

My legs unconsciously carried me over to the large window on the other side of the room. I looked down the 4 stories and onto the busy street. People were walking hurriedly and it almost made me feel terrible for being so spoiled and living off of Ville's money. Not that I wasn't contributing to our trip, but he constantly being generous.

As I started to replay the last few days, his lanky form appeared in the parking lot. I watched him stroll gracefully into the hotel doors with the most lucid look on his face. His eyes glanced up towards the windows, obviously seeing me looking down at him. I saw the sign of recognition written across his face as he flashed a small smile.

I counted the seconds it took him to get to our room. During that small amount of time I considered how awkward our situation could be now. Would he want to talk about last night? Are we supposed to act like he never told me anything? I bit my finger nail in anticipation and then thought about how I should have changed into clean clothes and at least washed my face. I didn't want him to have to see me like this. But it was too late, he was already opening the door.

"Good morning." he said cheerfully. My lips curled up to a smile. I was still really tired from the night before and looked back towards the bed thinking about going back to sleep instead of speaking with Ville. It sounded like a stupid plan, but it sounded better than talking about last night.

He strolled to the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"It's not even noon." I said. His eyes looked at me from behind the bottle on his lips.

"That's never stopped me before."

I cracked a real smile and walked to the bed. I heaved my bag on top of it and dug through it for clean clothes.

My shower was immensely hot and it felt great on my muscles. It was exactly what I needed. I didn't want to have to go back out there and speak with Ville about the night before.

He was sitting on the bed when I got out.

"Are you going to try and ignore me all day?" He asked nonchalantly.

"I might. Considering going back to sleep now." I shrugged, not feeling like lying to him about my intentions.

"Well first of all, I can tell when you're really sleeping and when you're faking it, and second of all, that's not going to get you anywhere." He took a sip of his beer.

"Did you want to talk or something?"

"Or something." I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye as I jogged back into the bathroom to put some make up on.

"Let's hear it then."

"I'd just like to know your thoughts about what we talked about last night. And I would also like to know how your head is doing."

I kept him waiting for my response as I very carefully applied some black eyeliner. He would sit there and wait as long as I wanted him to, I figured out. Ville was never in a hurry.
He was finishing the rest of his beer while I was finishing my make-up.

"I'm not sure exactly what to say about last night. I guess I just don't really want to have to talk about it. Like I know about you, that's it. And it'll probably come up every once and a while between us, but I just don't want to ruin how I think of you." I stopped and looked at him briefly from the bathroom mirror. "And my head feels terrible." I said, pressing my palm to the top of my head.

"I suppose that's a better response than I was expecting. What's your plan for today?" He asked.

"I kind of wanted to sit around. I know, it's lame, but I've had a long past few days."

We sat in that night and watched a movie, letting the air be casual between us. We hadn't talked about him being a vampire, or really anything personal between us. I fell asleep early that night with Ville sitting beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
a REALLY short chapter... definitely just a filler but I will probably post one tomorrow!