This Must be Fiction

The Castle

"Lizzie's waiting over there." I said, moving my eyes over to where she was sitting. He smiled and set me down, wrapping his arm around my waist. His fingers gently grazed over my tattoo, a constant reminder of Ville. I laughed at the irony of him tracing it.

Lizzie's face lit up at the sight of Ville and I together. She was probably more excited to see Ville Valo, rock star, than she was to see us happily walking in pace.

"Nice to meet you Lizzie." He held out his hand for her to shake. She stood up in amazement and took his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm a huge fan." She beamed. Of course Ville had this effect on everyone, even my best friend. Ville removed his arm from my waist in order to take my hand in his. His fingers intertwined with mine and I looked down at them. His hand was long and pale, mine short and somewhat sun-kissed. His skin was polished and marble-like, while I looked like I could use some hand lotion. My eyes traveled back towards Ville's face. He peered down and sent a wave of affectionate emotions over me. My cheeks reddened and I leaned into him playfully.

"So um... where are we going?" Lizzie asked, breaking up the moment I was having with Ville. She, of course, couldn't feel what we were feeling so it must have seemed a bit strange.

"Oh right! Well I always stay at Bam's when I'm in town and he offered you both a room there. That's where the party is."

And as quickly as I had gotten my loving emotions for Ville back, the angry ones returned as well. I stepped away from him, hoping he could feel the honest astonishment I was clearly expressing.

"You're shitting me right? Bam's house? Ugh!" I walked out of the bar and into the parking lot to light a cigarette. Both of them followed after me.

"Let's just get driving and I'll explain in the car." Ville said, putting his hands on my waist. Lizzie shifted uncomfortably standing nearby. I rolled my eyes but decided to go anyway.

"Do you mind if she rides with me? I've got a lot of explaining to do." Ville joked with Lizzie.

She nodded and got in her car. I got in the passenger seat and waited until he started the expensive vehicle before I began.

"This has got to be the biggest fucking joke! Do you not remember that Bam wanted me DEAD not too long ago? You don't recall him pinning me against the wall and threatening my life! Fuck Ville, you threatened to kill him!" I threw my hands in the air. Ville remained quiet while I ranted.

"Bam and I have had so many conversations about this, and trust me, Bam regrets everything he's done. He's over it. He understands the kind of relationship that we have, and he's ok with it. And he even wants to get to know you better." Ville was now speeding down a winding road, almost making me car-sick. "Don't be worried about it. I promise every thing's ok. Can we please just go back to a few minutes ago when you were actually happy to see me?" He joked. I looked at him, suspiciously at first, and then I sighed.

"Ok. But I swear to god if Bam does one thing that seems weird to me, I'm out. I'll walk home if I have to." I felt Ville trying to calm me, but I fought against his power. "And don't you dare try to use your power against me!" I said turning to him. He half smiled and leaned over, kissing my cheek.

"Keep your eyes on the road." I joked, feeling better. Ville reached his long arm over and grabbed mine, wrapping his fingers around mine like he used to do. My heart beat faster. It felt so good to be with him again.

"So you've been up to a lot since I left." He spoke smoothly.

"Yeah.. well... I had a lot of free time." I spoke with my one free hand.

"I'm glad. You seem happy."

"I guess I am happy. I'd be happier.." my voice trailed off.

"You'd be happier what?" He egged me on. Ville knew where I was headed.

"If you hadn't left."

He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"You knew that I would have had to leave eventually. We're living separate lives now... If I had my way, I never would have left. But we both have responsibilities."

"Yeah I know. I understand the concept of responsibility. But I'm sick of hearing about it. I KNOW that you live in Finland and have shit to do there... and I KNOW that you have a successful band that needs you as well... and I KNOW that my life is in L.A. now, but I just wish none of it was there. I wish it could be just me and you."

Ville kept his eyes on the road but remained silent for a second. My eyes drilled into the floorboards, not really wanting an answer from him, knowing that he was always bitterly honest with me.

"But it can't be." Was all he said. We didn't speak for the rest of the ride as he drove quickly up the long and winding road. Lizzie's car was a dot in the horizon, as I knew it couldn't keep up with the Lamborghini. Ville pulled into a dirt road that was hidden behind large trees. It turned out to be a driveway leading to Bam's house. Lizzie pulled up behind us as we parked in front of the castle I was now staring at.

"This is Bam's house?" I said, astonished. It was a gigantic castle-looking building, with a mural of a unicorn on the side. It was brick, and looked something out of the middle ages.

"Yep. Bam never does anything in small doses." Ville raced out of the car and ran over to Lizzie to get all of her bags as well as mine.

I crawled slowly from the vehicle and watched as the front door of the castle opened. Bam stepped forth, peering at me. His ice-cold glare was one I recognized and it instantly stunned me from moving. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my middle. I didn't have the words.

"Hey Molly. I hope you can forgive me for everything I've done." He whispered to me. I believed his apology, or whatever it was, but I was still hesitant to return the hug. This man, once wanting to kill me, was welcoming me in his home and... hugging me?

"Umm.. yeah." Was all I could say.

"I really am sorry. I know how much you mean to him, and although I don't quite agree with the relationship you guys have... or whatever it is you two are doing together, Ville is my best friend and I don't want to see him as upset as I've seen him over these past few months. I don't care that you're human anymore." He pulled away from me and spoke much in the way that Ville does when he's trying to explain something to me that I don't understand.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when a group of men ran around the corner of the house and up to Bam and I. Lizzie inched close to me and we looked at each other from the corner of our eyes.

"What's-" I began but was cut off by some of the men charging at us. These men were clearly all human, and I wasn't sure why there were so many people at Bam's house.

"This is... well this is my crew!" Bam shouted as he was tackled by one of the men. A camera crew followed in suit and I stood with my mouth agape.

"What the fuck?" I shouted back at him, but no one heard me over the screaming of everyone else.

Lizzie was laughing her ass off, for whatever reason, and I realized just then that Ville was no where to be found. Bam and his goons stood and brushed themselves off. It got awkwardly quiet, except for Lizzie's incessant giggling.

"This is Dunn, Novak, Dico, Rake, Raab, uhh the camera crew.." Bam pointed to each man who in turn smiled and waved.

"I won't remember that." I said, shaking my head. Lizzie was still laughing. "What the fuck is so fuckin funny?" I asked her. She wiped her teary eyes and looked at all the the men.

"Nothing. It's just I've watched this show forever, I never thought I'd meet any of these people." She said, shaking her head in embarrassment. All of the men laughed.

"Ah so you're a fan?" Bam said, walking towards her. "Lizzie right?" He asked coolly in her ear. I could imagine the feeling she was getting, if it was anything like the coolness that hit me when Ville spoke that closely to me.

"Yeah.." she responded. I could see her knees buckling.

"Well it's nice to meet you." He walked away quickly and jogged into his house leaving Lizzie awe-struck by the car. "Dunn, take them to their room!" He shouted before darting indoors and taking his hoard of followers with him.
One man remained by our sides.

"Ryan Dunn." He extended his hand. I remembered him being the one that originally tackled Bam. His palm was calloused and warm, an instant sign of a human. I laughed internally at the fact that I was now always guessing if people were human or vampires.

"Molly."

"Lizzie."

Ryan's fingers lingered on Lizzie's palm. She blushed and turned her feet inwards as she always did when she was flattered. Lizzie was by no means shy, but she had those girly-girl moments that almost made me think she was twelve again.

"So listen, I'm sorry about all this filming shit, I know Ville didn't tell you about it or anything. But it's all for the show, and they probably won't get in your way TOO much..." He started walking indoors. We followed close behind.

"But if you need anything, there's always someone around. The bar is downstairs, feel free to drink anything, anytime. Party starts tomorrow at... well it's all day, but I'd venture to guess that the real party starts at like eight."

Ryan led us indoors where I stopped dead in my tracks. Bam's house was more amazing inside than it was outside. Black leather furniture, the room was decorated in purple and black, and to top it off their was a giant glowing heartagram hanging over the fireplace.

"Woah." I said to myself before hurrying and catching up with Ryan and Lizzie. He took us up the gigantic staircase and down a long hallway.

"So these rooms are filled with the bands and some friends in from out of town for the party... mostly horny men so be careful when yo walking around alone.." I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "but this one's yours." He pointed to the second last room on the left. I turned around to look at the number of rooms that lined the hall. There were ten.

"Thanks Ryan." We said in unison. He laughed.

"Call me Dunn." He looked directly at Lizzie with intent eyes. She blushed again. He walked between us and down the staircase, leaving us to our room. Lizzie looked at me, forcing me to be the one to open the door.

The room was bigger than I expected. There was a king sized bed in the middle with a lush black comforter. The walls were a deep purple, and the curtains an even darker shade. It was plain, but beautiful all the same.

"Bam really doesn't do anything in small doses." I said to Lizzie.

"You've never even seen his show?" She asked, sitting on the bed next to our bags that were already there. I thought about her question. I remembered Bam looking familiar, but I couldn't figure out from where. I rubbed my chin.

"Maybe I've seen a commercial for it or something... it sounds familiar." I took a seat next to her. My mind floated back to Ville. Where did he go? I thought he might want to spend some time with me, but he probably had more important things to do. He always had more important things to do.

"Shall we get a drink?" she rose. I shook my head.

"Go ahead, I'm going to shower real quick. I smell like your car." I laughed. She patted my head and bounced towards the door, probably trying to catch up with Dunn.

I showered as quickly as possible and came out wrapped in a plush purple towel. Bam had a thing for purple, I was guessing.

"Hey there." A voice boomed from the corner of the room. I jumped and looked towards the voice.

"Bam!" I shouted. "What the hell!" I still was uncomfortable with him. Especially in a towel.

"Oh calm down, I just came to tell you that we're all down in the basement having a drink." He stood up from his chair in the corner and walked towards the door.

"Ville's there. Hurry up. You're the only one missing out." He smirked at me and walked out of the room quickly.

I got dressed as quickly as possible, dressing in some plain jeans and a black HIM t-shirt. I bought the shirt in L.A., and it was one of my favorites. It was baggy but clung to me in the right spots. I gelled my hair and let it fall in natural loose curls. I was too rushed to put on much make-up so I just applied some foundation and light eyeliner. I didn't even know who was down there yet. My plan was to attach myself to Lizzie as soon as possible. I considered ignoring Ville, if I could even find him down there. He didn't seem too interested in me ever since we got to Bam's house.

I got lost on the way down there. The basement was actually pretty difficult to find, considering the amount of stuff in the castle.

My feet made heavy steps down the stairs, but luckily the noise was covered by the loud music and yelling of several people. Lizzie first spotted me when I got down there, but I could barely see her through the number of people lining the basement walls. It wasn't a gigantic party, but there had to have been a good twenty people or more. It was crowded for the small space.

"Hey, you've been missing out. Want a beer?" Lizzie reached into the cooler next to her and tossed me a can. I cracked it open and took a gulp.

"Who are all these people?" I asked, wiping the beer foam from my chin.

"Umm well this is the Bloodhound Gang," She pointed to a couple men that looked familiar, "that's CKY," Another group of men, "and Bam's crew." the last group of men I recognized from earlier.

"Where's Ville?" I asked. She look confused.

"He and Bam ran out of here a couple of minutes ago. Bam got this weird look on his face and they both ran like super fast. I don't know I think they were expecting something for the party tomorrow."

I shrugged and chugged my beer. When I finished it I noticed some eyes watching me.
I glanced over to see the guys of the Bloodhound Gang staring at me. I lifted an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" I asked, nervous. A man who looked to be in his early thirties, with shaggy brown hair and crooked smile approached me.

"Just watchin' you drink that drank lil' lady." He said and then continued to wink. I burst out laughing and grabbed another beer.

"That's sweet of you." I joked. He cracked an honest smile, as did the rest of his band.

"Where you come from gurl?" he said, running a hand down my hip. I giggled and took a step away from him.

"From Buffalo. You guys are in a band?" I asked. He nodded.

"Jimmy Pop. Nice to meet you. You here with anyone special?"

"Well I came here with my friend Lizzie, I think you met her. But Ville invited me." Jimmy's face dropped.

"Aw fuck guys she's here with Valo, of course. Why does he get the model and we're scrounging for Bam's left-overs?" Jimmy said. I didn't know if he was joking or serious. I had a feeling no one really knew if he was joking or serious.
"Well that's ok. You can hang with us until him and Bammo get back." He put his palm on the small of my back and led me forward, closer to his band. I met each one of the men, instantly liking them.

We talked for what seemed like minutes, but must have been an hour or two. The boys kept me occupied and drinking while I was downstairs with them. The Bloodhound Gang was possibly the weirdest group of people I'd ever met in my life, and that was saying a lot.

"Shit guys we gotta pick up the pizza." Jimmy said looking at his watch. They set down their beers and walked up the stairs.

"You all have to go pick it up?" I asked.

"It's a lot of pizza!" Jimmy yelled and sprinted away. I looked around the basement, noticing that only Lizzie, Dunn, and two familiar faces were left.

"Are you drunk yet?" I asked Lizzie. She grinned.

"Of course I am. You?"

"Naw. I've only had a few." I said.
Dunn handed me a bottle of vodka.

"Let's go!" He said. I took the bottle and cracked a smile before taking a few chugs. My mouth crinkled and I grimaced before chasing the liquid with a beer.

We eventually decided to head upstairs so we could lounge on the couches while we drank. Lizzie and Dunn were talking rather closely, and the other two men were deeply engaged in conversation about naked women. Feeling left out, I set my head back on the leather sofa and took a gulp. I hadn't realized how much I had to drink until I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and eventually closing all together.

I slept for a good five minutes before I felt a pair of arms underneath me. I shivered at the touch.

"Mmm." I moaned, setting my beer down on a table before he had picked me up completely. My arms wrapped around his neck.

"Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?" He asked softly in my ear. I didn't have the energy to speak or even open my eyes so I could only move my head in response.
I felt my body bounce up the stairs and heard the slight creak of the door as he opened it with his foot. He set me down on the bed.

I woke up slightly to open my eyes and see my surroundings. It was a similar room to the one Lizzie and I were sharing, except more lived in. I didn't see Ville.

"Hey." My voice creaked as I called out for him. Moments later he came rounding the corner into the room carrying some pajamas for me.

"Thank you so much." I said. He chuckled and set the clothes down next to me. He turned away from me and striped down to his boxers as I wrestled myself into the tee-shirt and shorts he had brought me.

"Was Lizzie sleeping?" I mumbled.

"Bam took her to bed. I think he told Ryan to stay in her room tonight." Ville winked at me. In my tired state I could barely react to the sexy action.

"Good for her." I said. He rolled down the covers on the bed and allowed me to get into bed before replacing the blankets and getting on top. I felt like I was laying in a cloud.

"Oh my god." I said. He looked scared.

"What?"

"This is the most comfortable bed I've ever layed in in my life." I said, closing my eyes and inching closer to Ville. His body rumbled in light laughter.

"Bam lavishes me."

His lanky arm wrapped around my waist and pulled my in close so I was pressed against his body, blankets between us. I kissed his cold cheek and moved my head to peer at him.

"Thank you for calling me. I needed this. I needed you back." I said, still in a groggy state of mind. He sent waves of affection over me, making me even more tired and dazed.

"I'm here for you." He inched down so we were face to face.

"Don't ignore me anymore. You ignored me today."

"I'm sorry... didn't you have fun with the boys?" He changed the subject.

"Yes. Don't change the subject." I managed to work up some sort of annoyed feeling.

"Tomorrow, I'm all yours." He said. I opened my eyes again briefly to admire his face.

"Good."
I moved a centimeter closer to his face, closing my eyes. His breath moved in and he pressed his lips against mine, for one of those few magical moments we shared. He pulled away after a second and sighed.

"Go to sleep, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading! I hope you like this story, I think I say that every time I post a new chapter. and like I said, theres a dramatic twist coming up, but maybe not for a chapter or two. <3!