This Must be Fiction

Bar Stocking

I woke up alone the next morning, feeling perfect. I sat up and rubbed my hair. Was I in my room? No, it must have been Ville's. His clothes were laying everywhere.
Just as I was thinking about him, he appeared.

"Good morning lovely." He said, plopping himself next to me and kissing the top of my head.

"Hey." My raspy voice creaked. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Around noon. You slept.. very heavily." He said, mocking me.

"Was I moaning?" I asked.

"Only somewhat." He stood up and walked into his closet, coming out with a Kiss t-shirt. He tossed it to me.

"I have my own clothes, you know." I said, rising from the bed and heading towards the door.

"I thought maybe you'd like to wear my shirt." I glanced at the shirt and thought back to how many times I'd seen Ville wear it and how sexy he looked in it each time. I grabbed it off of the corner of the bed before running out of the room.

"I'll think about it!"

Lizzie was still sleeping when I charged into our room. I jumped on her and shook the bed.

"What?" She moaned. I heard movement from the side of the bed and glanced down to see Dunn sleeping between the bed and the wall. I couldn't stop laughing.
"What?" she said again.

"How did he get down there?" I pointed towards the sleeping man. She sat up and rubbed her bloodshot eyes.

"I have no idea. Hah. Guess he fell." Lizzie started laughing with me and eventually we woke Ryan up.

"What the fuck?" he asked looking around him. He rose from the floor and walked out of the room in a rush. We were still in a fit of giggles.
Once we calmed down, Lizzie looked at me seriously.

"Did you sleep with Ville last night?"

"You mean like.. sleep with or have sex with?" I said, standing and walking over to my bag to dig out some clean clothes. Her question didn't bother me in the least, I suppose I was used to constant prying.

"Either one."

"I just slept in his bed. We used to sleep together all the time on our trip." I said non-chalantly.

"Do you even know how lucky you are? Thousands of girls would give anything to share a bed with Ville Valo."

I stopped digging through my bag to look at her.
"I know. I know."

"I'm just saying. I didn't mean to make you mad or anything. I mean I'm sure that he's not one to sleep around.. but.. well I don't know where I was headed with this one."

"No, don't worry about it. I'm aware of Ville's lifestyle." I ran into the bathroom with the clothes I had dug out and showered very slowly. Once the hot water was practically gone, I stepped out and got dressed. I set Ville's shirt on the sink and thought about putting it on. Why should I? Then again, why wouldn't I want to?

I slipped it on over my tight white tank top, creating layers.
I walked out of the bathroom and ran face first into Ville's chest.

"Ah so you did decide to put it on?" He said, embracing me in his arms. I sank my face into his rock hard chest and chuckled.

"Don't flatter yourself." My arms rested on his lower back and we stood there for a few moments, comfortably. I didn't know if I could ever hold him close enough.

"So what are the plans for tonight?" I asked, still buried in his chest. He pulled his arms away and set down on the bed.

"Well I'm thinking everyone will start to get here between like six and nine. And then immense drinking. And then well.. the ball drops.. and then we all pass out. I think that's the jest of it."

"Alright then. Well what shall we do for the next six hours?" I fiddled with my hands.

"I had told Bam that I would help set everything up."

"Whats everything?" I asked.

"Decorations... the ball..."

"The ball? He actually got a new years ball?"

"Of course he did. Bam does love New Year's. He's been through enough of them to know how to celebrate it right." Ville smirked and looked at me. I layed back on the bed and held my hand out for him to grab. He did so appropriately. His cool touch was just how I remembered it being from L.A. It was weird how I could remember the exact feeling of his skin, but his face was somehow blurred in my memory. I turned my head to face him. His eyes were closed.

I couldn't look away. His marble skin was too alluring. My index finger ran down the length of his cheek. He popped his eyes open and his cheekbones were pronounced as he smiled.

"Sorry."
He brought his hand to my face and repeated what I had done. His finger left a tingling sensation that almost numbed my face.
A knock came to the door. Ville rose to his feet and opened it.

"We've got shit to do!" Bam yelled as he barged in the room. I sat up on the bed. He sat down next to me. Ville eyed him from a few feet away.

"You helpin' Briggs?" He asked.

"Surely. With what?" I asked back. He stroked his dark chin beard for a minute.

"You can actually stock the bar with Missy. She's down there right now. There's a couple bars, start in the basement and work your way up."

"A couple bars?" I questioned. He opened his mouth for one singular laugh.

"It's New Years! Of course there's multiple bars! Use your head!" He threw his hands in the air and walked out of the room in pretend disgust.
Ville turned to me.

"We should get started. If we finish everything now, we can start drinking early." He began walking towards the door. I followed closely.

"Sounds like a plan."
We made the decent down the stairs, and I was immediately taken aback by the amount of people already crowding the house. Bam had apparently hired people to clean and decorate his house, but for the sake of his TV show, he was going to help set up the ball and the lighting and music. Ville was immediately bombarded with men who were asking constant questions. He looked back at me briefly before walking away with the group of men. I thought back to last night and found my way once again to the bar in the basement.
There were people decorating down there too, but I found the girl that I thought Bam was talking about. I didn't know who Missy was, but I assumed it was the stunning woman standing behind the bar, stocking liqueur. I slowly approached her, not really knowing how to introduce myself.

"Are you Missy?"
She stopped mid-stock and looked at me with a glare in her eyes. Her expression softened only slightly when she saw how nervous I was.

"Yeah. You must be Molly." Her voice was sharp, but angelic.

"Yeah. Bam told me to come down here and help." I started moving my hands around. She handed me a bottle of brown liqueur.

"Are you familiar with a bar? Just make sure every thing's organized." She seemed like she had a problem with me, not that I had any idea why she would. Her hand grazed mine when I retrieved the bottle, and I felt her icy fingers. Ah yes, she was a vampire. That was probably why she did not like me.

"Ok." I said. Now that I realized what she was, I felt less self-conscious.
We filled the bar for a couple minutes before heading upstairs to stock the rest of the bars.

"Bam and I are married. He told me all about you." She said after a long period of silence. I didn't look in her direction, but continued to stock the bar in the kitchen. I didn't know Bam was married. They were a match though, they had similar personalities. But still, I thought Ville might have told me before I came here that he had a wife.

"Oh. So... is that a bad thing?" I kept my eyes off of her. She stopped working to put her hands on the counter and look at me.

"I don't like what you're doing with Ville. He can't live like this. He can't be with a human." She whispered the last sentence. "And I want to like you, I do, because I've seen how happy you've made him and when he's happy, Bam's happy. They're practically married. But, it's wrong to be with him. If you really understood that, you would leave." She starting moving again.

"But, why is it wrong?" Was all I could think to say. My hands started to shake. I didn't want to listen to Missy anymore.

"It's illegal. It's illegal for US to be with YOU. But everyones so used to seeing Ville depressed, and you've miraculously pulled him out of it. That's why I really, really want to like you. And I don't even know if you guys are really together or not, you always just act like friends around each other, or at least from what I've seen. Either way, he's broken countless rules by telling you what we are and by keeping you close to him for so long." She paused. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have unloaded all this on you now... but I figured it was better than getting drunk and yelling at you."

I shook my head and looked down at my trembling fingers. It was difficult to digest just what she was explaining to me. I knew all of that already, of course, but hearing it from someone I didn't know was a bit more than I bargained for. Her crystal blue eyes drilled a hole into mine. She had a glare like Bam's. She had short black hair and a baby-face, but none of her gorgeous features made her face any less frightening. It made sense that she was a vampire, she had a look that was almost unnatural.

"Alright... well.. I should um... go stock the bar outside." I said, not knowing what else to say. I wanted to yell and tell Missy to mind her own business, but she was a vampire. And to be honest I was scared to death of her. She could rip me to pieces if she wanted to. Besides, she wasn't telling me anything that I didn't already know. How could I blame her?

I grabbed a random coat from the coat hanger and slipped on my gray boots. There was no one I recognized in the particular location where the bar was, so I felt safe just relaxing and zoning out while filling it with booze. I didn't want to think about anything.

After I was done with the alcohol I walked back into the castle and hung the coat back up. There were people everywhere, and I couldn't find a place to be alone. I grabbed the coat, turned right back around, and jogged out the door and into the woods behind Bam's house. I didn't know how far back the wilderness went, but after venturing for a few more steps I recognized a tree house a little off to the side. It looked relatively sturdy, and I figured I might as well explore.

The ladder creaked in response as I climbed it, barely allowing the weight of my body to make the journey up the tree. It was mostly empty on the inside except for a few chairs and a table. I swung my legs over the open door and lit a cigarette that I had hidden in my jeans.

The silence was perfect. I hadn't experienced such quiet in a long time. I inhaled and exhaled the cigarette repeatedly, not thinking about a single thing. It was what I needed. Long after I had flicked the cigarette and spent enough time just staring into the snow, I decided I should go back and see what was happening at the house.

The sound of my feet crunching on the snow was something I missed from being in Buffalo. It was like a memory of home.
Workers had vacated Bams house when I returned. It seemed oddly settled. The door opened silently and I managed to escape up to my room without anyone seeing me. Lizzie was sitting on the bed.

"Hey where'd you run off to? Everyone's been looking for you." She said. I shut the door behind me.

"Went out for a cig. Stayed out just to chill. I was feeling really claustrophobic." I said, tossing the coat I had forgotten to take off on the bed beside Lizzie. "Where did you go today? I haven't seen you since this morning."

"Ryan and I went to get more food for the party. But he's helping set up the stage now, so he told me that I should nap before people start getting here."

"You know what? A nap sounds great. Shall we?" I said, slipping off my my jeans and t-shirt and climbing into the enormous bed. She giggled feverishly and got in next to me. The covers were so fluffy that we could barely see each other through the cloud of blankets.

"So is Ryan going to be your New Year's kiss?" I whispered.

"I hope so. He's a fun guy." She responded. We talked about the party until we fell into a light sleep. It was the kind of sleep where you can still hear things going on around you, but it feels like it's all a dream.

I heard the door open, and someones footsteps approach my side of the bed. I knew who it was, but I was too tired to open my eyes.

"Molly, wake up." The bed sunk down in the middle where he planted himself.

"Nooo." I whined, turning over to face Lizzie. She was still sleeping.

"Don't be lazy, wake up!" He joked, ripping the covers off of both of us. I heard Lizzie move around from her position. I sighed, slowly opened my eyes, and sat up to look at Ville. Lizzie was already sitting. I rubbed my eyes, careful not to ruin the little bit of make-up still remaining.

"What?" I asked, pissed. Ville stood up.

"Get dressed! We have serious drinking to do!" He said, shaking the foot of the bed to bounce us. My legs swung over the side of the bed and landed on the cold wood floor. He walked over to me and scooped me off of my feet and tried to take me to the door.

"No! No! I need to get dressed first!" I wiggled out of his arms and ran to the chair where I had thrown my clothes.

"Get out." I whined, pushing him uselessly towards the door. His feet didn't move. It was like trying to push a house off it's foundation. The vibrations from his laughter shook my hands as he mocked my feeble attempts.

"Come onnnn!" I said, desperately trying to get him out the door so Lizzie and I could get ready. He put his hands up in defeat and left us alone. I started hopping into my ripped jeans.

"You guys are something else." Lizzie said as she combed through her suitcase.

"What do you mean?"

She starting throwing her clothes around the room in attempt to find the party dress she had bought last week.

"I don't know. It's kind of like... I've seen you with other guys and you always act differently around them. But with Ville you're just you. And he's not trying to impress you or anything. You guys just flow naturally together. Every move you make, he has a reaction to, and you for him. Not that I know Ville that well... but I know you..." she trailed off. I thought about what she said, and I then considered our relationship from other peoples perspectives. What exactly WAS going on between us?

We both got ready, me wearing exactly what I wore earlier that day except I curled my hair and wore a lot of make up, and Lizzie wearing a short black dress with straight hair and heavy eyeliner. Ville shirt just so happened to fit me perfectly. Ironic.
♠ ♠ ♠
bah ha ha party scene later!.... possibly posting again tomorrow, not sure yet. thanks all for reading! and commenting! it means a lot that people actually like what i write, even if its only a few people. tadaaa