This Must be Fiction

Anything Like This

Bam's house was packed with people. It was an endless sea of bodies weaving throughout each other. I peered down into the crowd from the top of the stair case and admired the vast amount of people that Bam had gathered. I made my descent down the stairs and attempted to pick out someone I knew. I spotted Jimmy Pop and the Bloodhound Gang from a few feet away and I ran over to them.

"Hey!" I said, grabbing a drink from Jimmy's hand and finishing it.

"How very lady-like!" He shouted over the music.

"I do what I can. Have you seen Bam?" I asked, knowing Ville would be with him.

"He's outside with the band. Speaking of, we're supposed to play soon... I think.. maybe. I'll sing by myself if I have to."

Jimmy patted me on the back as I began my trip through the immense crowd. I found myself being greeted by people I had never met before, people who recognized me from modeling, and other people who just thought they knew me. I did however happen to spot a familiar face.

"Kat!" I wasn't sure she would recognize me.

"Molly! Oh my gosh! It's been too long!" She hugged me deeply.

"How are you?" I asked. She smiled and I was awe-struck at her beauty.

"I'd be better if you came to see me!"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I would, but I've been just so busy." I continued to tell her how my life played out in L.A., and she invited me to come to her shop anytime. Kat told me that I should try to find Ville because she had seen him a few minutes ago, and he was apparently searching for me. We hugged again before I ran outside.

I had forgotten a coat. I was still in a t-shirt and jeans filled with holes. The cold air whipped around my face and restricted my blood vessels, but I ignored the pain and searched for Ville.

There was a huge stage at the back of Bam's house, equipped with lights and a band. I spotted Bam standing on the side of the stage, beer in hand, rocking his head to the music. It wasn't a band I recognized, but then again, I've never really seen any bands in person.
Bam spotted me and motioned me forward.

"Like the party?" He shouted to me once I approached the stage. I moved my head in agreement. It was extremely weird for me that Bam and I could actually talk somewhat comfortably considering he had tried to kill me a few months ago. Bam made his case though, he definitely had gotten over his fears for Ville and I.

He held a hand out for me to jump onto the stage, and lifted me effortlessly. Dunn waved to me from the other side of the stage.

I made the universal beer drinking hand motion to Bam. He handed me a can from god knows where, but I drank it thankfully.

We enjoyed the band together, Bam rocking out and me lightly bouncing to the music. The thought of Ville had left my mind while I danced on the stage with Bam. I was in my element here, I felt comfortable, oddly enough, with Bam by my side.

The band took a break and the only noise heard was the sound of people chatting. I shook my head in a useless attempt to clear the ringing from my ears.

"Is the Bloodhound Gang playing tonight?" I asked Bam.

"Should be. They said they would. Why? Did they back out?" He started to get flustered.

"No, no, no. Jimmy and I were just talking about it a little bit ago. By the way, I didn't know Kat was coming!" I pushed Bam's rock of a shoulder.

"I had no idea you guys were friends. Good to know though, for future use." He winked. Bam was almost as sexy as Ville. Almost.

Missy approached us and looked at Bam with intense anger in her eyes. I had forgotten about her.

"You should go check on your boys." she said, referring to Dunn and the crew. Bam rolled his eyes. They walked off together. I was now alone, drinking a beer, on the stage, freezing. My mind raced. Where had Ville been this entire time? The night wasn't getting any younger.

"Your boy's inside, looking for you sweets." A voice boomed from below me. I turned sharply to see one of Bam's friends shouting at me through a megaphone. He was shirtless.

"Thanks uhh.."

"Novak."

"Thanks Novak." I smiled, knocking the megaphone out of his hand while jumping off of the stage.
After grabbing another drink I jogged inside.

It was like there was a spotlight on him. He was all the way across the room, but I could have picked him out of a crowd of a thousand people. His eyes were sharp on their intent, and we headed for each other.
His fingers laced with mine and his lips brushed my cheek.

"Where have you been?" He asked softly into my ear over the constant sound of people talking and dancing.

"Outside with Bam. Wanna dance?" I asked. The music inside the house was picking up and I was feeling to need to dance with Ville again like we had danced before.
His hands found their familiar spot on my waist and I clenched them, wanting him to be closer to me than he already was. I pushed my body closer to his and he smiled in response.

The song ended and another one began right after. I grabbed Ville's cell phone from his pocket to check the time. It was almost eleven.

"Oh my god! I've got to get drinking!" I shouted at him. His eyebrows pinched together to form a puzzled expression. I took his hand and led him to the bar I stocked only hours ago, which was now seemingly almost empty. I found a bottle of watermelon vodka and started chugging. After a few seconds he took the bottle from me.

"Slow down! I don't want you to pass out before the ball even drops."
I took the bottle back and took a few more gulps, wincing afterwords.

"I'll be fine. I needed to catch up, every ones going to be drunk but me."
He shrugged and grabbed a bottle of brown liquid next to the vodka and finished it off. I remembered what he had said about him needing more alcohol than humans.

We continued taking casual sips of liqueur until Bam approached us.

"People are playing the stage up until midnight!" He shouted over the house music. We meandered to the door but I stopped him before we stepped outside.

"I forgot my jacket again!" I shouted, slapping my forehead. Ville slipped his jacket off and covered my shoulders with it. It smelled so much like him. The cigarette and musk scent radiated around my nose.

"I'm already wearing your shirt, buddy." I said jokingly.

"Well it's not like I need the coat." He brushed his cold hand down my face, reminding me that the cold had no effect on him. The music started from outside and we stepped out into the snow. Bam was, of course, on the stage again. Jimmy was shaking his ass for the crowd of people.

I spotted Kat from a distance and we walked over to her.

"Having a good time?" Kat asked, eying us suspiciously.

"Yeah, how about yourself?" I asked. She looked at Ville for a long few seconds, and then at me with a fake grin.

"Yeah, pretty good." She looked back at Ville. "I've got to get another drink, I'll meet up with you guys later tonight." She waved and grabbed her date, dragging him away and into the house. My attention turned directly to Ville.

"She knows that I know, doesn't she." I looked down at my feet, upset.

"Yeah. But don't worry about it, she will upset for like a week, but she'll get over it. She generally doesn't get mad about stuff like this."
My eyes darted towards the stage and then back to my feet.

"I don't like that she knows that I know. It feels wrong."
He ran his fingers down my hair. "Don't worry about it at all."

We listened to the band play for a while before Bam announced the ball was about to drop. I spotted Lizzie standing with Dunn near the front of the stage. I grabbed the front of Ville's shirt and tugged him to follow me to stand with Lizzie and Ryan. She drunkenly greeted me before speaking to Dunn again.

I grabbed the bottle of vodka from her hand and took a couple chugs from it. Ville polished it off and tossed it into the grass a few feet away from us.

"10!" everyone yelled from behind us. I glanced at Lizzie as she was already heavily making out with Dunn. Like I hadn't seen that one coming. Ville took my hand and forced me to look towards the ball that the boys had messily put up earlier that day. All of the lights in the house were turned off, and people were funneling out into the yard in their jackets and boots.

"9! 8! 7!" Ville stood behind me, his hands in the pockets of his coat which hung heavily on my shoulders. I shivered, he pulled the sides of the jacket closer together, encasing me in his arms. I imagined him shivering in just a t-shirt and scarf, but of course he wouldn't.

"6! 5! 4!" Crap, why hadn't I thought about this moment until right now? Were we going to kiss? We hadn't ever kissed in front of anyone but Lizzie, but we were standing in front of a huge crowd of people... would anyone notice? Did Ville care if they noticed? I didn't, but he probably wouldn't want to make it so obvious.

"3! 2!" Oh no, what do I do? Wait for Ville to make the first move?

The ball was so close to the ground, shining in every one's glowing faces. No one would notice, the ball was the only source of light.
I turned quickly to face him. He bent down to my level and I closed my eyes without thinking.

"1!" Everyone was shouting and cheering, while Ville's soft lips collided with mine in the most intense kiss I had ever shared in my life. He pulled my body close to his and I stood on my toes to get even closer to him. I couldn't hear the incessant New Years cheering that were going on around us. All I could focus on was the feeling in my stomach. It might have been the alcohol, but my entire body was numb to everything. His arms inched up my shirt until his bare hands were resting on the small of my back. I twisted my fingers in his messy hair and he licked my bottom lip. He had never attempted anything like this, probably because he didn't want to risk biting me. I stood there, freezing in the arms of a vampire who meant the world to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I debated between making this a super long chapter and add the rest of the party scene, or just up until the ball drops, but I decided on just up until the ball drop so it wasn't ridiculously long. Thanks for reading and i appreciate comments and subscriptions! =D