This Must be Fiction

Clear Your Schedule

Nathan called me into his office early the next day.

"Are you up for an impromptu shoot today?" He asked as soon as I walked in. He was always springing up random photo shoots for me. I was sort of his go-to girl.

"Sure. Where and when and for who?" I asked while I plopped myself down in his leather chair.

"Feet!" He yelled, pointing at my shoes which we messing up his furniture. I took them down. "Uhh down town, around three, and with a new clothing line. There's going to be... some guy there... I don't know, it's his line. I just heard about it yesterday at the meeting and they really want a well known model and not just some advertising girl. So I figured you'd be up for it." Nathan was never usually this frazzled about a photo shoot. It was very of him unlikely to have such little information about things like this.

I bit my lip and shrugged.

"Yeah sure, I was free today anyway. You don't know the line's name? Or the designer?" I asked. Nathan's plump hands fumbled messily with the papers on his desk.

"No, sorry. I forgot. I'm really busy planning the shoot for tomorrow. By the way, remind Robert when you get home about tomorrow. He keeps trying to duck out of it."

"Will do. Am I done here?" I asked rudely. He looked at me sorrowfully.

"Lighten up please? Turns out people like you better when you're nice."

"Sorry, it's been a rough week."

"It's always a rough week for you. Don't forget to remind Robert."
I assured him I would before I left the agency.

XXXXXX

When I pulled up to the shoot I was a little surprise by what I saw. Nathan hadn't really given me an address, more like a location. I checked the directions he gave me and looked back towards where I was. It was the right place. In front of me was a skate-park. I had never even seen one before, but this place certainly had the familiar symptoms of being a skate park.
I stepped out of my car cautiously. There was a white tent at the side of the park, in the middle of the grass. I walked over to it and got inside.

"You must be Molly! Let's get you in make-up." A woman with dark brown hair directed me to the make-up chair where I sat for about an hour while people got my hair and make-up done. I didn't really speak, I wasn't feeling well for this photo shoot. For some reason I got the weird sensation that something bad was going to happen. Besides the fact that the previous night had me feeling worse than ever.

"Let's get you in... this one." A man picked out a black bathing suit for me to put on. Once I slipped into it, the same man led me outside and to the area of the shoot.

"I was told that I was going to be posing with someone else." I said to no one in particular as I wrapped my arms around my body to hide myself from everyone surrounding me.

"Ah yes. He'll be out in a second, he's just picking out the skateboard he wants to use." The photographer said to me as he approached me from my side

"Nice to meet you." He said quickly before he began explaining what he wanted me to do. I listened intently.

"Aw you fucker, I wanted that one!" A raspy, but familiar voice shouted from a tent a few feet away. My head snapped in the direction of the shouting. Could it be?

"Is that..?" I pointed towards the voice.

"Bam Margera." The photographer said before continuing to explain. I crouched down and squatted, hiding my head between my knees. I didn't know how else to react.

"Molly? Are you ok?" He bent down and grabbed my shoulder.

"No. I need to sit down." I said while standing and searching for a chair. I could feel myself being pulled further from reality. It couldn't possibly be Bam. I couldn't see him again. My head was spinning.

Someone pulled up a chair for me to sit and and brought me a bottle of water.

"Is something wrong? Do you need a protein bar or something?" The make-up artist asked.

"I'm not fucking anorexic!" I shouted at her, upset by the fact that these people thought I was suffering from food deprivation.

"I'm sorry! Are you going to be ok?" She asked. I shook my head in thought and sipped from the bottle. The tent flapped open and a shirtless Bam stepped forth before stopping dead in his tracks. My vision blurred, but came back into focus as Bam approached the scene.

"Fuck." he said loud enough for only the closely surrounding people to hear.

"Do you two know each other or something?" Someone asked. I laughed sarcastically before gulping water.

"Or something." I responded. My stomach wanted to heave when I saw his porcelain shirtless form. He reminded me too much of... of him. I actually had to shut my eyes in order to keep from vomiting.

"Let's just get this over with, then." Bam said with his rough but crystal clear voice. I nodded, trying to suppress my emotions. Was I strong enough to hold my craziness back while with Bam? Would he realized how much I hated him at that moment for even being close to me?

We walked to the middle of park and began posing for his ad. I wanted to cry desperately. Just seeing Bam brought forth a flood of emotion and guilt. I wasn't sure how long I could keep up the modeling act when I was around him. I was forced to touch him and pose like we were good friends, and it just felt too familiar. His body temperature was too close to that of his friends.

As soon as we were finished I darted into the changing room, quickly got back into my jeans and casual button up, and ran for my car.

"You don't even want to look at any of the pictures?" The photographer shouted as I raced to my car.

"No. Send them to Nathan; I'll take a look there." I said.
I almost felt bad about acting so rudely, but it was better than dealing with Bam. I wasn't sure if he'd want to talk to me or something, so it was better to just run away.
I got half way down the street and was stuck at a red light when the passenger door opened up and someone hopped in the car.

"What the hell? Get out of here Bam!" I shouted, uselessly pushing him. He grabbed my wrist and set it back down. The light turned green, but the car stayed motionless.

"You'd better go, light turned." He said. I noticed the line of cars behind me and reluctantly stepped on the gas pedal.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. I could feel his cold stare from next to me.

"Come to Paris with me. He's there, he needs you."
My face heated up and my stomach churned. I wanted to throw up, again.

"Bam... what are you-"

"He fucking needs you! His life has been hell without you! Molly, come with me. You're the love of his life."
My pulse quickened. I needed to pull the car over.

Bam followed me when I stepped out of the vehicle and started pacing up the sidewalk.

"Please. You know you need to see him too."

I stopped dead in my tracks.
"This is fucking ridiculous. You think just because you tell me that he misses me that I'm just supposed to jump on an airplane and follow you to Paris so I can see him again? Are you insane? I left, and he didn't try to stop me. He said it himself, I was a mistake. I'm not going back to that."

Bam grabbed my hands, cooling them but making my face burn hotter all the same.

"I know that you are still in love with him. You both know that you made a mistake by being apart. Try to tell me that you don't still think about him every night before you fall asleep, wishing that he was there." He paused to watch the tears brewing in my eyes. "You know how I know that? Because he does the same thing. He lays in bed for hours, thinking of you, thinking of the ways he messed up."

"This isn't going to work. Please leave me alone." I climbed back into my car. He followed.

"Well it would be rude to ignore a guest then eh? Mind taking me on a tour of your house?" Bam relaxed in my car and fully expected me to take him to my place. I knew there was no way to get Bam to leave me alone. I pushed my hair out of my face and wiped the condensation from my forehead.

"Why, I'd love to."

XXXXXX

"You brought Bam Margera home from a shoot? This is new." Robert said with a smile when we walked in the door. I angrily threw my keys onto the kitchen counter and had Bam follow me upstairs and into my bedroom where Robert couldn't hear us.

"What's there to talk about that you needed to come here so badly?" I crossed my arms and looked at him. Bam strolled casually around my room, pausing to look at a few things. He stopped, looked at me, inhaled deeply, and got on his hands and knees.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Before I knew it, he was standing with a black t-shirt in his hands. He smirked and tossed it on my bed.

"Tell me that's not his shirt, and that you don't take it out every so often when you're thinking of him." He pointed at it. I took the shirt and threw it into the back of my closet.
I broke down. Bam had found my weakness and exposed it.

"I have constant reminders of him." I lifted my shirt to reveal the tattoo on my hip, just to prove a point. "I miss him more than anything... Bam... my life has been hell. A living fucking hell without him." I shook my head in my hands and sat down on my bed. He came from behind me and rubbed my shoulders.

"Then come with me. Come with me to France. He's staying there for another week and everything will work out."

I uncovered my face to look at him.

"He won't want to see me. He hasn't wanted to see me in years. He has not once tried to call me or write me a letter or anything. What makes you think that he'll just be super jazzed when I show up? We're going to start right where we left off, pissed and confused. You said it yourself, we CANNOT be together."

Bam stirred on the bed. He took my face in his hands and forced me to look at him. I wasn't crying, I was too shocked with myself.

"I know what I said. I know what I said and what Kat said and what Ville said, but none of that matters. You need him, he needs you. You guys are meant to be together, for whatever reason. You will forget about what happened and just be together like you're supposed to be."

I took my face from his hands and looked towards the shirt I had mindlessly tossed.

"Bam... I don't know."

"Clear your schedule for the next week. You're coming to Paris."
♠ ♠ ♠
happy new years! hope everyone had a good (and possibly alcohol filled) night! thanks for reading! and commenting! i always appreciate every single comment =]