This Must be Fiction

Reuniting

"I'm sorry I forgot to call last night! I was kind of busy!" I said into the phone.

"Well geez Molly how am I supposed to know that you're not dead in a ditch somewhere? I don't know Bam's intentions." Robert said. He always got moody when he didn't know where I was. He had assumed my plane never landed and we crashed over the Atlantic somewhere.

"Ok well, I've got to get dressed, can you contain yourself until I get home?" I asked. I heard him sigh on the other end.

"Lizzie called me, she said you weren't answering your phone."

"Oh, it must not be working well. Tell her where I am and everything. I guess I'm having a hard time with the time difference."

"She sounded worried, you should have told her where you were going. She knows you better than I do, you know."

"Please call her back and tell her I'm sorry. Tell her I'll fly her out to L.A. as soon as I can so that we can talk in person again."

"Sure, kid. So will you call me tomorrow? At least some time this week?" He asked. I could tell he was preoccupied with something at the moment, but wanted to make sure I'd be safe.

"I'll try. I don't really know whats going to happen while I'm here."

"Love you." He said. I didn't want to say it back, my stomach was churning.

"Yeah. Bye." I hung up. He was going to be pissed with me, but that was a risk I was willing to take.

As soon as I clicked off my phone, Bam's impatient knock came to the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. Long dark hair, smokey eyes. I wore a dressy t-shirt with a black jacket and light jeans.

"Let's go!" Bam shouted from the other side of the door. I took one last look at myself and opened the door. He grabbed my elbow roughly and pulled me out into the hallway.

"Fuck!" I said, grabbing my arm where he had taken it.

"Shit, sorry." He said. We began walking. I was sweating. I shouldn't have worn the jacket.

"Let me take the jacket back, I'm getting really hot." Bam kept walking. "Bam!" I said, frantic. He slipped the jacket from off my shoulders and hung it over one of his.

"Stop freaking out." He said smoothly. I shook my head. I looked down at my hands to see that they were violently shaking.

"I don't know if I can do this."
We stepped out onto the street where the sun was just starting to set. Bam had kept me stuck in my room all day, constantly telling me to relax.

"Breathe, Molly." He said calmly. Bam hadn't even looked at me since we left the hotel.
We were leaving to see Ville. Damn it, I thought his name, now I was ready to throw up.

"I think I'm going to throw up." I said. He smiled at me in an attempt to calm me.

"No you're not."
I stopped walking for a brief moment, clutching my head. This isn't real. This isn't real life. The man that I was still madly in love with was waiting for me, but he didn't know it. He was close, I could tell.

"Are far do we have to walk?" I asked.

"Not too much further." Bam had led me into a park. There were only a few people around, I wondered if it would be smart of me to run away from Bam. Probably not, he was faster than me by a lot.

Bam's pace started to slow. I started to slow even more. My hands, still violently shaking, where now sweating. I couldn't pick up my gaze from the ground.

"I think I'm going to throw up. Bam I've got to get out of here." I turned to him. His hands clamped down on my shoulders, keeping me grounded where I was.

"You're not getting out of this. I brought you all the way here for one purpose and one purpose only. Now, you're going to be a good little super model and stay put."
I started to shake in his arms in an attempt to break free from his hold on me.

"Bam! I'm serious! I think I'm going to throw up!" I struggled against him. He shook his head.

"Hey, will you stop? You're acting crazy--"
He was stopped short by someone else butting in.

"Hey Bam Bam, who's that you've got pinned down?"
My knees buckled and if Bam hadn't been holding me up I would have fallen. His voice rang in my ears, reaching further into the hole that he had created in my stomach.

Bam let go of me and suddenly walked off in the other direction, leaving me with Ville. My back was still turned to him, my legs refused to move. He stepped forward.

"Sorry about him, he's been freaking out about the video shoot. Sorry if he startled you." I heard Ville's voice creep closer to me. I wished I could have turned around, but I was too busy shaking.

"Miss?"
The anxiety shot out of me like a pistol, and then I knew Ville felt it. He drew in a long breath and put his hands on my shoulders, and turned me to face him.

His face was more beautiful that I remembered, but it was becoming blurred in my teary eyes. His hair, now cut short, hung delicately on his face. This was too good to be true.

"Molly?" He brushed a stray hair from my face. I nodded.

"Hi Ville." I managed to get out. His eyes, those magical possessive eyes, captured me in their gaze. This was what I had been waiting for and dreaming of for years. The months I spent crying myself to sleep seemed pointless as I stood before him now. He went through every emotion in the book as he stood there, staring at me. It was difficult to tell where one ended and another emotion picked up. I had no words to say to him. I wanted to tell him just how much I loved him, but as he looked at me with his astonished and flustered expression, I could think of anything.

He beamed at me, his eyes lighting. He wrapped his arms around my waist me enveloped me in a fulfilling hug. I started sobbing into his shirt. I let my arms fall over his shoulders and he picked me up to hug me deeper.

"Molly." He whispered my name. I felt his loving emotions wrap around me, and I knew that we had gotten over our issues. "I've missed you." He said softly.

"Oh Ville." I pulled back from him to look at his face. I pressed my palm to his cool cheek and kissed his lips softly. It was better than I remembered.

"Why did you leave me?" He asked. If he had the capability, I think he may have cried.

"Why didn't you try to get me?" I asked, still sobbing. He grabbed the back of my head and kissed me roughly, passionately. His cold lips knew exactly what to do with mine. How did I survive two and a half years without this?

"I love you, so much. My life has been a living hell without you." He whispered into my ear after he pulled me close for another deep hug.

"I love you. I've missed you. I've been a wreck." I sniffled and wiped my nose with the sleeve of my t-shirt. Ville laughed down at me and ran his cool finger down the length of my cheek, cleaning the tears from it.

"I was afraid that you wouldn't want to see me. Bam made me come." I said. Ville gave half of a smile.

"This was Bam's doing? Of course." He ran his hands through my hair. The sun had set now, and we were standing alone in the park. The moon shown down brightly over the two of us. "And I'm glad you came. I'm more happy than I can even express to you."

Our ecstatic emotions combined and we were both on cloud nine.

"Do you... want to go back to my hotel room? We can talk there maybe?" I said. He set me on my feet and leaned down to kiss me again. "Mmm I missed that." I said.

"I missed that too. More than you'll ever realize." He stopped to look into my eyes. "Yes, let's go back to your room."

He bent his knees and opened his arms up for me to jump on his back. I enjoyed the fact that he still wanted to give me a piggy back ride. It felt like we had just met again. Just like that, we were back to normal. Our past mistakes had been erased and we were just together again.

"This is cute." I said. He laughed. I ran my fingers though his hair, which was dramatically shorter. It was sexy. It made Ville look so sophisticated.

He practically ran to the hotel, and I gave him directions to my room. I had never noticed before how fast he was. He'd always taken slow strides when I was on his back.

Once inside, Ville sat me down on the ground and turned to face me. He crashed his lips onto mine and I felt him picking me up again. I wrapped my legs around his mid-section and pressed my body onto him.
I pulled away for a brief second.

"Did you want to actually talk or.. can we... um well we couldn't that one night because you were too drunk-" His lips hit mine to stop me from talking and he moaned into them, making my lips and mouth vibrate. I melted into him, again.

XXXXXX

Had it all been a dream? I didn't want to open my eyes to find out. What if I woke up alone in my bed back in California?

He hummed softly next to me, calming my fears. I opened my eyes slowly and turned my head to see him already looking at me.

"Good morning, love." He said. I turned on my side and crawled to his side, burrowing into his body.

"I'm surprised you're here. Usually you leave to go get breakfast..." I said, drawing circles around the tattoos on his chest.

"You think that I would leave you after two years of being apart? I wouldn't dream of it." He kissed the top of my head. We stayed like that for a few minutes.

"We never talked last night." I said, remembering the nights events. He let out a deep breath.

"I suppose we were busy with other things." He smirked. "What would you like to talk about?" He asked. I sat up, wrapping the bed sheets around my naked body. I peered down onto his figure and took in the sight before me. My hands fumbled with the sheets as I
untangled them to cover the both of us so I wouldn't be so distracted.

"I guess... what went wrong. Why did I leave? Why didn't you come get me?" My forehead began to sweat and I had to look at Ville to regain my composure. He sat up and took my hands in his.

"We were scared. I know that I was terrified... mostly because I wanted to keep you safe. The only reason I said the things that I did that day was because I was worried for you. If the Superiors found out about us, it's not ME that I care what happens to."

Ville spread his legs and I crawled into them and wrapped my legs around his waist, but kept the sheets between us.

"I left... you didn't even try to get me. You never tried to get me. Ville I needed you. Didn't you know that?" I paused and waited a second. "It was the day after I told you I loved you. Drunk or not, I meant what I said, and I thought that meant something to you too... but then I left and I thought everything you told me was a lie."

"I meant what I said! I love you, I always have. Since I met you I knew you were the one for me.... but I thought that you leaving would be the safest thing for you. If you didn't want me, I wasn't going to stand in your way. Of course I was devastated when you left. But you staying away is probably more safe than whats going on right now." He motioned to the two of us sitting so closely. "But I don't think you leaving me again is an option." He kissed me softly. I took the time to enjoy the feeling of his cold lips on my warm ones.

"No, it's not an option." I said into his lips. "I just don't want anything to happen again. I want you to know that... I love you and that will never change. Vampire or not. And I'm sorry I left that day."

"And I'm sorry that you thought I didn't love you. But please tell me you understand what I did." I nodded. "I'm sorry that we ever spent this much time apart. I've lived more than a hundred years, and those two we weren't together were the longest of my life."

I settled my forehead against his shoulder and breathed in deeply.

"I had myself convinced that I would never see you again." I whispered. He rubbed my back, chilling my entire body.

"I did as well. We should thank Bam." I laughed after he said Bam's name.

"Ahh maybe in a few days. I think we have more catching up to do."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading! and commenting! always appreciated!