This Must be Fiction

Couples Gathering

The smell of coffee woke me up hours later. It was pitch black in the room. I yawned, left the bed, and headed for the kitchen.

"Molly!" I heard a voice yell as soon as I entered the kitchen. It wasn't Ville's. I yelped and immediately covered myself, realizing I was still in my underwear and tee shirt.

"Oh relax, it's just me." This unfamiliar woman approached me and wrapped me in a hug.

"Oh um... hi?" I said, returning the hug hesitantly.

"This is Toni, Linde's fiance." Ville came to my side and snaked an arm around me.

"Oh! Hi!" I smiled at her. "Fiance? Ville spoke of a girlfriend."

"This is a recent happening." She smiled and held up her hand. I admired her gold ring with a giant diamond in the middle.

"Congratulations!" I said. She hugged me again.

"Same to you! Where's your ring?" Tori asked as she pulled back.
I reached down my shirt to retrieve the ring. Feeling safe in Ville's house, I took it off the chain and slipped it on my finger.

"Wow, Ville this is gorgeous."

"I know." He smiled.

"You jerk. Take a compliment like a real man." She playfully shoved him back. I had already noticed that she was a vampire, it only took one hug to realize that. She was short, my height, with long red hair, ridiculously plump lips, and deep chocolate eyes. I immediately liked her.

"Where's Linde tonight?" I asked. Toni checked her watch.

"Should be here soon. Didn't you tell her we were coming over?" She turned to Ville again.

"She was sleeping, I didn't want to wake her." He shrugged.

"I should uh... put some pants on then eh?"
I jogged into the bedroom and started digging through my suitcase. I found a pair of relaxed jeans and a clean tee shirt. I rejoined the pair after I fixed my make up and tied up my hair.

"She does smell really good." Tori said from the couch. I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat next to Ville.

"Thanks." I said.

"I mean... you smell delicious. No worries though, I ate today." She patted her stomach. I smiled, not sure whether to be scared or flattered. Ville felt my confusion.

"She's joking, Tori doesn't drink from friends. Especially friends' fiances."
Linde entered the room after we had our fair share of giggles. He held two bottles of red wine.

"The Molly bottle," He handed one to me, "the good bottle." He held the other up.

"Is that?" I asked, pointing the bottle still in Linde's hand.

"Blood. Good blood. Amazing blood." He spoke as he headed for the kitchen. "Would you like me to open yours as well?" His voice carried through the kitchen and into the living room. I was still dwelling on the fact that they were going to drink blood out of wine glasses. Around me.

"What? Oh, um, yeah." I walked into the kitchen and set the wine on the counter.

"Sorry if this um.. bothers you." Linde popped open both bottles and began pouring. His Finish accent was stronger than Ville's, but his voice was about the same pitch. I noticed it when Linde and I first met, but it was more pronounced when we were alone.

"It's fine. Let's just pretend it's wine." I smiled, taking the glass and sniffing to make sure it was from the Molly bottle. Blood never bothered me, whether it be my own or someone else's. But this situation was different. I wondered just how this blood came to be bottled, considered "good," and just how long it had been in that bottle. Was it like wine? Better with age?

"Sounds good." He handed me a glass which I assumed was for Ville. We joined our significant others on respective couches.

"Oh! Congratulations! I almost forgot." I said to Linde. He beamed. His smile was as innocent and adorable as a five year olds. It almost made me want to pinch his cheeks.

"Thanks. You too."

"Thanks." I held up my hand to admire the ring, yet again.

"So how are you liking Finland so far?" Toni asked as she sipped from her glass.

"Well it's only been a day... and it's cold. That's basically all I've gotten out of Finland. The buildings are pretty though."

"Cold and pretty, kind of like your boy." Tori kicked Ville and he laughed at her. He draped an arm around my shoulders and I cuddled into his side without really noticing.

We continued talking between us for hours. The wine (and blood) were gone and I felt warm all over. I wasn't sure if it was from the alcohol or the amazing feeling I got from being around these vampires, but I liked it.

"Oh this was a good night, I needed this." Toni stretched on the couch across from me and nuzzled into Linde's shoulder. I realized that Ville and myself were somewhat of a mirror image of them.

"Glad you had fun." Ville said, rising from the couch without warning. I slumped back and over to the other side of the couch where I rested my head on the arm. "Oh, sorry." He patted my head. I giggled and felt the heat rush to my face from the alcohol.

I sat up when Linde and Toni left, hugged them, and then returned to my position on the couch. Water was running in the kitchen and I assumed that Ville was cleaning the wine glasses. Reluctantly, I dragged myself into the kitchen.

"You're too late, they're all clean." He turned and leaned against he sink. I hopped up onto the counter across from him and motioned him forward. He stood between my legs and leaned in for a long kiss.

"I haven't unpacked yet." I sighed. My head hit the cupboards behind me and I let it stay there.

"Do it tomorrow." Ville wined.

"I won't feel right if I don't do it tonight. I won't sleep."

Ville trailed kisses up and down my neck. My back arched and I pressed myself onto him even more-so than before. He moaned near my ear, knowing full well how that made me feel.

"Ok. Maybe tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading =] this ones pretty short, but there's more to come soon. i love all the people who subscribe and comment, and i cant thank them enough!