This Must be Fiction

We're Not Running

"Ville!"

I heard screaming coming from the living room. Ville and I were currently cuddled under his sheets. It couldn't have been eight in the morning.

"Ville, fuck, where are you?" I realized now that it was Bam, of course. What he was doing in Finland, I had no idea. We could both hear him opening and closing doors in the tower.

"In here." Ville mumbled. He quickly tossed me a shirt as I wiggled into a pair of pajama bottoms. He slid on a pair of boxers just as Bam ran into the room, frantic. I rubbed my eyes.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Ville groaned. He was tired, for the first time in days. We hadn't slept much the night before. Not that he need much sleep, but the more he got, the less grumpy he was.

"Jonna." Was all Bam said. Ville's eyes got wide and his entire body stiffened. His anxiety shot out and hit me, and I suddenly felt just as scared.

"What.." His fists clenched and he peaked at me.

"She knows. I don't know how. She knows."

"Is she..." He couldn't finish his sentence.

"Who's Jonna?" I whispered, guessing at what they were talking about. Someone knew about Ville and I, but I had no idea who.

"She's uh... umm.." Ville struggled with words. He turned to his friend. "Bam, give us ten minutes."

Bam shut the door and I heard him rustling around in the living room. Ville sat on the bed next to me. He caressed my cheek lightly, sending feelings of closeness and adoration onto me. I leaned my face into his hand.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"Jonna is... well she is an ex. There's something I don't think I've ever told you."
I was worried about what he was going to say, but feeling strong enough to hear it.
"Vampires have... they have a bloodmate. It's essentially this intense feeling of emotion towards someone else. Loving them, I guess in simple terms. But it's different from human love. Bam's bloodmate is Missy, Linde's is Toni... and I'd never found mine. Till you, that is."
My pulse quickened. I nodded at him.

"And you're supposed to just know when you've found your bloodmate. I did, that's why I begged you to take me with you on your trip. I wouldn't let you get away from me. But... it's not normal to be with a human. It's only happened once before in vampire history. So before you came along... I was with Jonna. I was her bloodmate, but she wasn't mine." He paused and looked into my eyes deeply. "God only knows why, but she wasn't my bloodmate. I loved her, dearly, but somehow I knew that she wasn't the one."

"I don't know where you're going with this." I said. His fingers were running smoothly up and down my thighs. It was calming, but not helping me feel more secure.

"Jonna's... Jonna's bitter. If she can't have me, no one can." Ah, now I understood where Ville was headed. "If she knows about us.."

"It's only a matter of time before the Superiors find out." I finished his thoughts. My hands were shaking now. I had never been this nervous. How much time did I have before they came to turn me into a vampire? Or kill me?

"We can detain her, maybe. I don't know. Let me go talk to Bam." He rose from the bed and began walking towards the door. He stopped halfway and jogged back to me, letting his lips linger on mine. I cupped his face and held it there. His breath entered my mouth and I inhaled deeply. "No matter what, I love you." He whispered.

"You too." I kissed him again. "Go talk with Bam, I'll keep myself busy."

Ville left and I lit a cigarette. I hung myself off of the bedroom window where I peered out onto the woods surrounded Ville's house. So, Jonna knows about us. I'd never heard of Jonna, and I couldn't honestly blame Ville for not telling me. But she hated me already. I took the love of her life, I guess, and she despised me for it. It made my head spin. How long did I have?

The door opened and Ville walked back in. I tossed the cigarette out the window and faced him. The door to the tower opened and shut, signaling Bam's departure.

"Details." I said to him. He sat next to me on the bed.

"Jonna saw us in a cab, followed us, and saw us walking into my tower. Or at least that's what she told Bam. I think she was probably stalking me, but that's not the point. She called Bam, left him a threatening message, causing Bam to fly out here. She expected his arrival and gave him this." Ville handed me a wrinkled piece of paper. It looked as though Bam had looked at it a lot. It was a warning from Jonna, to Ville. Telling him to get rid of me, or she would find a way to do it herself. She then proceeded to write of her love for him. I shuddered, crumpled the paper, and tossed it on the floor.

"What's to be done?" I asked Ville. He picked up the note and looked it over again. His eyes
were twitching in every direction. He had no idea what to do.

"You can't leave me again, I've waited for us to be together for too long to let her take you from me." He ripped the paper and threw it out the window. "But honestly... I have no idea. I don't know if running would solve the problem. But if I know Jonna, she'll come to confront us before talking to the Superiors. She'd rather deal with me herself than have a Superior do it."

We were quiet. Villes hand had a firm grip on my leg. I wiggled, he loosened it. I leaned my head on his shoulder and felt his chest empty all the air that was in it. I kissed his neck.

"I'm ready. To be a vampire." I lied.

"No you're not. I'm not ready for you to be a vampire. It's too soon. There's too many loose ends, you have too many human things to do before your life literally ends." Ville's hands moved from my legs to his face, where he yelled into them in frustration. I took them away from his face and held them in mine.

"Everything will be ok. I don't know how I know, I just do. I'm scared, you know it, but thing's will be ok."

"I love your optimism." He turned his head to kiss me.

"What about going to America? Staying in near my home for a bit?" I asked him. He sighed and ran a nervous hand through his hair.

"We could try it, I guess. But I don't want to keep running. We should be... incognito."

"Well the least we can do is try. If it doesn't work... I really am ready. I might not be prepared, but I'm willing to be ready." I kissed him quickly.

"I just really, really don't want to keep running."

"We're not running.... we've moving to my home town. Does Jonna know where I live? Is there anyway she could find out?"

"She will find out. It might not be for a while..."

"So in that time, you can tell me everything I need to know about being a vampire. I can get ready, get all of my human things done. I'll be in my hometown so that makes things with my family easier. We can do it."

"I hope you're right."

"Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I APOLOGIZE for this one being so short, but at least it's not boring. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I <3 everyone who comments =]