This Must be Fiction

Jugular

"He'll be here any minute." Ville was pulling the curtains back from the window.

"When did he leave?"

"A while ago. He got a private jet. Should be here any minute."
We were expecting Bam to come waltzing in the door. He was supposed to be here hours ago, but something had kept him.

"Do you think everything's alright?" I asked, nervous that perhaps Bam was hurt.

"I'm sure everything's fine. Jonna wants nothing to do with Bam, only us."

As if on cue, a loud knock came to the door. Ville ushered a panicked Bam into our house.

"What's our plan?" He said with a rushed tone. Bam began pacing much like Ville had earlier.

"I think she needs to be changed before Jonna gets here... that way, Jonna doesn't have anything to tell the Superiors other than I changed a girl, and they'll be willing to look past that. And Molly will be able to defend herself, if it comes to that."

My stomach jumped, feeling anxious. Ville, noticing my anxiety, wrapped a comforting arm around my waist. It didn't help.

"Ok well, what are we waiting for?" Bam asked, taking a step towards me.

"Not now! I haven't even said good bye to my family!" I shouted, coming undone. I knew in the back of my head that this had to happen, I just wasn't expecting it to be this difficult.

"Molly, if you say good bye to your family, they'll know some thing's wrong. They'll have questions. It's too risky to say anything to them."

My crying was uncontrollable at this point. There was no use holding it back. How could they expect me to just leave my family, possibly forever, without saying good bye? I fell to the floor, a crumbling mess. This didn't even feel like real life anymore.

"I can't... this is too much.." I said between sobs. Ville sat on the floor beside me and rubbed my back soothingly. He attempted to send some calming feelings to me, but nothing was helping.

"Molly... Molly get up from the floor. You being a mess isn't going to solve a god damned thing." Bam ordered. I looked at him from my position and scowled.

"Shut the fuck up Bam." I muttered.

"What? You think that Ville and I didn't have shit to lose when we became what we are? We were unexpectedly ambushed and changed so that we never even got the opportunity to see anyone, ever again. Our families died without even knowing what happened to us. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, you're situation is a bit better than ours was?" His voice was rising as he continued speaking.

"Bam, don't." Ville said.

"No, she needs to hear this. You get to choose to become a vampire. You get to decide just what happens to you. That may or may not have something to do with what happens after you are changed. Things might be different than they were for us. But what I'm basically trying to say is that you need to pull yourself together and realize that you're deciding this path."

I was silent. He was right. And despite the fact that I hated the way he talked to me like I was a complete idiot, I knew that what he was saying was true. This was my decision. And if it meant being with Ville, becoming a vampire was an easy decision. And then, I reminded myself that I would see my family again. There was no other option.

"Ok." I wiped my face and attempted to get a normal breathing pattern.

"Alright. Good."

"Woah. I've never gotten her calm that easily." Ville stated, standing up and helping me to my feet.

"Because sometimes it's sexy to argue with you." I said through some remaining sniffles. Ville chuckled lightly and placed his hand gently on the small of my back.

"So what's our plan then?" I asked them. They both exchanged uneasy looks. No one knew what our plan was.

"When do you think she should..." Ville didn't finish his sentence, not wanting to realize the task at hand.

"Soon." Bam responded. There was another silence throughout the room.

"We just... we don't know when she'll be here, or if she's contacted the Superiors yet. It's either we change you soon, or the Superiors come here and do something worse..." Bam reasoned.

Silence seemed to be a pattern today. Ville groaned lightly and began pacing.

"Lets do it then. I've waited long enough. If we don't do it now, I'll be too scared." I curled my fingers into my palm and felt as my nails scratched the skin. I exhaled deeply and looked at Ville. He put a hand to his forehead and began shaking it.

"It's going to take about two days." Bam spoke. I was still staring a Ville, hoping for another reaction besides disgust. I could feel that he was getting sick at the thought of me becoming what he was.

"Let's go." I said, tears beginning to well in my eyes once more.
The three of us walked silently into the bedroom where I took a seat on the bed. Ville shut the door and rested his forehead on it while Bam walked in front of me.

"This would be easier if Linde was here.... his power is putting people to sleep..." Bam trailed. Ville still had not moved.

"Which one of us do you want to do it?" Bam asked.

"Ville, of course." I whispered. He didn't move from the door. "Ville.." I pleaded.

"Molly, I can't." He spoke and turned towards me where complete agony was spread across his face. "I thought that you becoming a vampire would be a good thing... but now that I'm thinking more about it... there's no way that I can take your life from you."

"Ville.." I said again, beginning to shake.

"Bam's got to do it. I can't take your life... I can't." His voice was breaking in way that I had never heard before.

I had no words to express what was going on. I spread out on the bed and closed my eyes, breathing deeply and trying to enjoy my last few moments of being human. I grabbed the sheets, felt my own skin, inhaled a few giant breaths and smelled the clean air from the river floating in the window. These were the last few human and living moments that I would ever experience. Flashes of my life began running through my head. Elementary school.. meeting my friends... my life in Los Angelas. What was going to happen now? Ville had told me that human memories were going to be blurred... would I forget everything? Shudders ran through my body as things sunk in.

"Are you ready?" Bam asked in a quiet voice. I opened my eyes and saw both of them watching me from a distance. I nodded and pleaded at Ville with my eyes to be the one to change me. As if knowing what I was thinking, he shook his head and closed his eyes. Bam knelt down next to me and ran a hand through my hair.

"It'll be good. You'll see. Things will be good."
I sighed and looked towards Ville again. I held my hand out. He smiled weakly and knelt down at me, grasping it. I rubbed his cold palm and smiled. Ville leaned over me and kissed my lips, and I savored the chilling feeling I got from him. I wondered if the feeling
would ever be the same.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you. More than you can even imagine." He whispered back, weeping as if there were tears actually falling from his eyes. "Go ahead Bam." He said, leaning back and making room for Bam next to my bed. Ville's hand still gripped mine firmly.

"Don't be scared. It will feel very strange." Bam said. I nodded. He inched closer to my neck, holding his breath and closing his eyes. Bam had taken blood from people before, but not from people he was close with. He certainly had never changed anyone before.

His lips parted and Bam's cool breath hit my neck in a similar way that Ville's always did. Before I even knew what was happening, Bam's teeth bit into my jugular, and everything was black.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am SO SORRY that this took forever to get out. if anyone was truly upset, feel free to shun me. but thanks so much to those who commented, it really motivated me to get this posted sooner! with luck I will be posting more regularly than I have been lately. with finals and my new job and writing the other two stories ive got (which, btw, one of them is another ville story *wink wink*) i've just been running out of time! please forgive! <3 you all!

oh and please forgive any/all gramatically and spelling errors, this was posted very quickly. thanks =]