This Must be Fiction

That Feeling Will Fade

There wasn't anything. My body was numb and there was nothing going on in my mind. I tried to focus on a single thought, but everything in my brain was blurred and confusing. I couldn't focus on anything but the numbness radiating throughout my body. I strained to move my limbs but my brain could not focus long enough to get any action accomplished.

I wasn't sure how long I was like that. Time was not something that I could keep track of in my current state- which was a state of complete and udder confusion. It could have been minutes, hours, days, weeks. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that everything was dark. It must have been what dying felt like. The peaceful moments before you descended into another dimension. Agonizing moments ticked by and I wanted to scream or express some sort of emotion, but again, there was no way to convey anything with this intense state of vegetation.

A tingling began in my toes. Finally! Something I could focus on. It was a simple feeling that made my mind finally see some clarity. The tingling spread upwards from my feet and onto my legs, where the sensation burned. It felt like pins and needles, which was a pain that I could handle. But then, once the sensation accelerated into my abdomen, the pain was substantial. It was like a thousand knives were digging into my skin, diving through my organs and repeating the action. I was sure that there was someone outside of my consciousness attacking me with sharp objects. Thousands upon thousands of knives were diving in my body, making me want to scream and clench my fists, but I could not move. That was the worst part about the pain, the fact that I could not do a thing about it. I prayed to god that soon this would stop. Soon I would go back to normal and feel like a person again. How long until these knives would go away?

The pain changed into an intense heat as it spread throughout my arms and up to my neck. Someone had poured acid into the cuts created by the knives. The acid leaked into my veins and spread into my system, burning every inch of my body, inside and out. More than anything I wanted to scream, to beg Ville to make it stop, but nothing in the world was going to change what was happening.

Why could I not scream? Why wouldn't someone stop the burning that made my brain rattle on the edge of near insanity?

A moment of brightness hit me. The pain in my toes lessened, along with the pain in my finger tips. Yes! Some sort of clarity. Pain was beginning to diminish, reverting back to the pins and needles aggravation that had first hit me. My mind was coming back to normal, and I could began to focus on thoughts. It was almost over, it had to be.

A light peaked through my lids, causing me to retract. Everything was still very hazy. What had happened? What was the pain? I sprang up from the bed and began feeling around my stomach for open wounds where I was sure there was scars from began mauled. But then the thought hit me- I was a vampire now. I hadn't been stabbed or poured with acid, my body had literally died and come back to life as another being. That wasn't acid running through my veins, it was vampire venom. I wasn't sure how to wrap my head around these thoughts.

"Hey." A voice startled me from the side of the room. I jumped and looked over to a man who I barely recognized. It was Ville, I was sure of it, but I had to focus for a few moments before realizing that fact. His face was- if possible- more perfect than before. His eyes were glowing in a strange and unnatural sense. His cheek bones and lips were more pronounced and sharp-edged, making him unbelievably desirable. He tilted his head, causing me to notice the fluidity of his movements.

"Ville?" I spoke, but immediately covered my mouth with my hand, not understand the pitch of my voice. It was crystal clear and angelic, a sound that I hadn't heard since I was young. The rough smokers voice was gone, replaced with a sound completely new to me.

"Yes, sweetie." He smiled, startling me. His teeth were whiter than I remembered. Everything was too new, too detailed. I looked around the room, noticing every crack and imperfection in the artwork lighting. I turned to look towards the window and was immediately shocked when I realized that it was night. The dime lighting coming from a bedside lamp was the only thing lighting the room, but still allowed me to see everything so perfectly.

"How are you feeling?" Ville's voice scared me again. I jumped once more to face him as I stood and felt my arms. I felt normal. Everything felt ok. I looked down at my clothes and saw how the colors and fabrics were bright and hung closely to my body.

"Ok, I guess." I closed my eyes at the sound of my voice again. Even the images inside my brain were more vivid than my old ones.

"You look beautiful." His voice rang through my head. It was deeper than it ever was, and the clarity of it rivaled mine.

"I'm so confused." I admitted, looking down at my hands and seeing skin and nails that looked polished and clean.

"You're a vampire now. You've changed." Ville took my hand. The coldness that I had come to love was gone. His skin was normal. It matched my own. The softness of his skin had not changed, however, it was still was silky was ever.

"This feels weird." I admitted.

"It will feel that way for a while. In a few weeks things will start to settle. You'll get used to everything." I still could not handle the sound of his voice. "You'll even get used to the sound of my voice. And your voice." He laughed. His happiness hit me like a brick wall. I clutched my stomach, trying to contain the feeling.

"Oh wow." I said. I had forgotten about Ville's power. Not only did it startle me, but I now wondered if I would get a power of my own.

"That is powerful. Even more than before." He said, taking both of my hands in his. It was at that moment that another feeling hit me. It was love, pure and unfailing love. It was more than I had felt when I was human. It ran through my core and controlled every emotion running through me. I squinted and tried to think of what this could possibly be, but it all made sense once I looked into his eyes.

"And now I think you're finally feeling it." Ville said, leaning down to press his forehead against mine. The heat that spread as his skin touched mine made me feel almost sick.

"Is that...?" I asked him, still cautious.

"Yes, that's how I feel about you constantly. It won't always feel this powerful. But I suppose at the beginning it's a bit startling. It's a bloodmate thing. Bam and I have discussed it many times."

"This is what you felt when we met?" I asked him.

"Yes. Do you understand my pain now?" Ville asked in a joking manor. I smiled and felt my stomach clench was we laughed together.

"I can't imagine being away from you..."

"Easy does it love, it's only been a few minutes of being a vampire. Everything is very new. You will adjust."

"It doesn't feel like I ever will." Even as I spoke, I was learning new things about my vampire being.

"It's only been a few minutes! I promise you, things will seem normal soon. Now, would you like to see yourself?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Have I changed?"

"Not completely. Some things are a bit different now." He smirked. I wanted to kiss away the smirk forming on his lips that dripped with sexiness, but I thought that perhaps if I kissed him I wouldn't be able to stop. He pulled my arms and led me into the bathroom connected to the room. My legs felt stiff, but fluid as I walked.

The lighting in the bathroom caused me to squint. Everything was so bright, and at certain angles I could see rainbows in the light refractions. Ville tugged me lightly.

"You actually do not look that different, remember. But in your vampire eyes, it's going to seem entirely new." Ville's soft voice reminded me. I looked to him with admiration in my eyes.

"Ok." I said, ready to see my new self.
I searched in the mirror for myself, but didn't find anyone familiar.
My eyes, still green, were glowing in the same way as Ville's. Before they had looked muddy, but now I could barely tell the difference between our eyes. My lips were pouted, my bottom being a bit bigger than my top. The cheek bones that used to be protruding were now softer because of the weight I had gained in muscle. My face was more heart-shaped than before, causing me to look younger than I was. I knew that I wasn't wearing any make-up, but it looked as though I was wearing eyeliner and mascara. My skin was polished marble, like I hoped it would always become. I felt the sting of warmth hit my eyes as if I was going to cry. I was not Molly Briggs anymore. I was someone new.

"No, don't. You don't look different. Just some subtle changes. But because of your new vision... things are going to look different. You looked like this before." Ville leaned down and settled his head on my shoulder. We both studied my new face in the mirror.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, running my fingertips down the length of my cheek.

"Yes, I'm sure. And in a few days your eyes will adjust and you'll see just how little you've changed. You've gained some muscle weight and some features are now more... elevated, but Molly is still there." He kissed my cheek. I rubbed my chest after his kiss hit me deeply.

"And yes, that feeling will fade. It will still feel good, but it will fade."

"I like the way it feels, but I think it might be a bit much for me to handle all the time." I smiled at Ville. I turned to face him and to ignore my reflection. "What's going to happen if I kiss you?" I asked him.

"Let's save that for later. Aren't you starving?"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry that this one is a bit short! but thanks for reading =] and if you havent had a chance to check it out, take a look at my other Ville story, its a lot different than this one. BUT thank you to those who commented and subscribed!