This Must be Fiction

As Soon As It Started

I layed directly on him, needing to feel the contact between us. It drove me mad that the feel the temperature of our skin being the same. I craved the for the coolness to wash over me. I wanted his skin to startle me like it used to. He felt almost human to me. I sighed into his chest.

"What?" He asked, feeling my disappointment.

"I miss you being cold." I admitted.

"Don't you enjoy being able to lay with me without blankets between us? Now you don't have to wake up shivering because I've held you too tightly."

"Yeah.. but.. I liked it."

"I could take a cold shower really quickly." He suggested. We both laughed and my head bounced lightly as his chest moved from the laughter.

"No. I do like it. I like that we're now the same."

"I know what you mean though. I miss being warm once you've left me. It was nice to get warm while we lied together."

We were quiet again. "I wonder if... what if our relationship... changes... not for the better." I said so amazingly quietly that I was surprised my voice could go that low. Ville was silent. "Ville?" I whispered. He was unreadable.

"It won't." He was stern.

"Don't take that the wrong way. I'm just scared."

"Stop." He rolled me off of him and walked towards the door, pausing slightly to look back and me.

"Ville!" I screamed, immediately worried and angry at the same instant.

"I'm really getting fucking sick of your worries! It does me no good to sit here and listen to how you are worried about being a vampire. You are one, and there's nothing we can do about it anymore. Your worrying is not doing a fucking thing." He turned and walked out the door. I sprang up to follow him, and caught up in a second.

"God damn. I forgot you could run as fast as I could now." He said, putting his head in his hands as he sat down on the stairs. I could feel that he was furious, but he was not completely angry at me, although a majority of his anger was directed towards me.

"Ville, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't know how you felt about that. But you know how it is.... it's all so new. I thought you would be the one to understand how weird it is."

"I do. I honestly do but... I just can't listen to it anymore. It feels almost like you're degrading me. Can't you just accept everything without having to analyze it and complain?"

"I'm not complaining."

"Yes you are. I'm sorry I may have overreacted."

"Yes you did. But I'm sorry too. I didn't understand. I thought I would have felt your discomfort before then."

"I controlled it so that you wouldn't get upset. But I guess it just became too much for me to contain."

"I'm sorry, Ville." I put a finger under his chin and lifted his head to look at me. He blinked a few times, and I saw the lines in his face soften as he looked at me with love in his eyes.

"I hate freaking out like that. My emotions are just so out of control. And ever since your first few seconds of being changed... I've been really on edge."

"How so?"

"I didn't leave your side. You were out for at least 20 hours, and I stayed there the entire time. Bam had to bring me blood." He looked down at my chin and up to my face. "I was worried."

"I figured that you would stay there... but I didn't think that you'd be so anxious about it."

"You know me, always anxious when it comes to you. I suppose that will lessen now that you're a vampire. I won't have to worry as much."
I kissed him then, not being able to look at his plump lips any longer. But as soon as it started, it ended when I jumped back, feeling nauseous and crazed all at once. Ville had to pin my arms at my side so that they would not go flying.

"That was too soon for that." He said with a smile. I tried to wipe the pained look from my face, but that was difficult. "We discussed the fact that we needed to wait for that. I should have at least walked you through it. Remember when we first kissed in California? I had to leave right after-wards so that I wouldn't hurt you from the crazed feeling that I got. It's like that." Ville let go of my arms, and I slumped down the wall.

"Holy shit." I brought a hand to my forehead as the room spun lightly. "That's... something else."

"Yeah, it's a bit much. It's only the first one. Would you like to try again?" He smirked. We were still sitting on the stairs.

"Can we move this down to the couch?"

Ville laughed and scooped me off of my feet, causing me to laugh furiously as we descended towards the couch.
"Alright. Now, put your arms on your side, and take a deep breath." Ville said after placing me on the couch. I did as he told.

"Clear your head for a minute, and don't think about anything."

"This seems like a lot for a kiss."

"Do you want to do this again or what? Or you can do what you did last time and have a near spasm."

"Sorry, right." I did what he told me, and soon enough I was feeling better.

"Ok, we'll meet halfway." He smiled and we began for each other, which didn't take long because we were already so close. Our lips touched, and soon intensity flourished through my body that I was glad that Ville's hands were on top of mine, holding them from flailing. I was glad that Ville knew how my lips were, and knew what to do with them so that I could remain in a somewhat normal situation. It felt amazing, however startling. It was better than any human kiss, even one with Ville. Our lips were the same, and for the brief moment that they were together, it was as if they would never separate.

Ville pulled back.
"That was... nice." I said, sighing at the last word. He couldn't help but let his lips part and let an airy laugh escape.

"Just nice?"

"I cannot think of another word. I don't know... My stomach feels strange." I patted my stomach and tried to focus my mind on something other than the spark that radiated through my body when we kissed.

"You'll be fine. Now, I suggest that we go to bed and then tomorrow we'll deal with all of the calls that you've been getting over the past few days." Ville rose from the couch and tugged my hand, pulling me up with him.

"Who's called?" I asked as I followed him in a daze.

"Who hasn't called? Everyone from Nathan, to your mother, to people that I've never even heard of before have called you. The only people that I've talked to since your change was Linde, Bam and Missy. Other than that, I've been cut off from the world."

"That doesn't sound good."

"I guess we'll find out after we sleep."

"How long do we sleep for?"

"You will probably sleep a bit longer than I will. Partly because the change and your first meal have drained a lot of your energy, and partly because you loved to sleep in your human form, so that is a trait that will likely carry through to your vampire self."

"So how long is that?"

"Maybe three hours."
We arrived at our bed. Ville shed his clothing and I did the same with mine, feeling strange because I had just gotten dressed only a few minutes ago.

"Will I fall asleep quickly?"

"I suppose you'll find out." He winked. I collapsed onto the bed in a moment of weakness.

"Don't wink." I plead.

"I'll remember not to." He rolled over onto the bed and wrapped his lengthy arm around my middle. I shifted awkwardly under the unusual weight and temperature of his arm. He kissed behind my ear, still sending shivers through my body.

"See? Some things don't change." His silky voice hit me deep.

"I suppose some things don't ever." I whispered back.
Exhaustion stunned me as it traveled through me. Within seconds, I was sleeping soundly in Ville's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I appreciate all comments and subscriptions =]