This Must be Fiction

You Look Good

I decided I needed to stop reading so much into Ville. I was afraid i would start to think things over too seriously and ruin the friendship that was beginning to grow strong. Besides, Ville had to be years older than me.

We both got ready for the night. Ville wore a gray Black Sabbath shirt, covered by a tight black jacket. He had on jeans that accentuated the length of his legs and a crimson scarf that wrapped twice around his neck. I was surprised to see him wearing eyeliner, but i can't say that it looked bad on him. I don't think anything would look bad on him.

I hadn't packed many party clothes for my trip so i had to settle with a black sundress that was mid-thigh length. To make it more nightclub worthy I added 4 inch black heals and a lot of jewelry. I straightened my hair and applied heavy make up.

I strolled out of the bathroom feeling nervous for Ville to see me. I spotted him; we looked each other up and down.

"You look good." we both said at the same time and then laughed together. We decided to walk to the club, as it turned out it was only a few blocks away. We didn't talk much on the way there; I suppose we were both just preparing ourselves for the night. His arm brushed mine a couple times, making my heart beat quicker for just a moment. I think Ville knew it too, he could tell my reaction from every time he touched me. It was sort of an unspoken awkwardness. Even though i showed no physical reaction, something about the situation made both of us uncomfortable. Why do I have to be so awkward?

I was shocked to see the immense building ahead of me when we arrived. I wasn't expecting this club to be so huge when we had decided on this particular place. I gazed up at this luminescent neon lights and the lengthy line of young people dressed scantily.

"this is pointless. lets find somewhere else to go." i tugged on Ville's shoulder and turned around to walk back to the hotel. I heard his footsteps continue in the other direction.

"Come on." he waved me forward. i sighed.

A tall, blond, skinny man was standing at the door accompanied by a much bulkier body guard. He held a few papers loosely in his hands and was staring at them intently. Ville strolled up to him casually, clearly in line of sight of all of the other people waiting in line. The bigger man put his hand out on Ville's chest.

"hey now wait a minute." he said. The blond man looked up as the other spoke and smiled.

"go ahead man." he said as Ville walked around the gate and i followed closely behind. People gawked and i can't say i blamed them. The doorman whispered to a waitress and she took Ville's hand and started to lead him somewhere inside the club. What the hell is going on?

We weaved between hundreds of people and climbed the steps to the balcony of the club. We ended up at a booth separated from the dance floor and every other person. The bench seat wrapped around a small black table. The material on the seat matched the carpet, a dark red velvety something-or-other. A curtain was what cut us off from everyone. the spot was not immune to the unbelievable noise and lights, however. Once seated, the waitress left, closing the curtain behind her.

"What the hell!" i shouted. Ville let out a long and enthusiastic laugh. I gaped at him.

"He was a fan." he yelled over the music at me, indicating the man at the door. I laughed, not really understanding, but not willing to hear him shout his explanation at me. i would inquire more later.

A woman peaked around the curtain with a tray of colorful shots. Ville motioned her in, tipped her, and took 4 shots. She winked at him, squeezed his shoulder, and walked away. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He handed me two shots and instructed me to take them. I took mine, and he his.

"Thanks!" I yelled. he nodded politely and opened the curtain. We peered down onto the dance floor. There was a sea of people.

"Want to dance?" I asked. Ville held up a finger and nodded, but motioned the shot girl back over to our table and proceeded to take 4 more shots off the tray. Once we had finished those, he grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. He had a strong, protective grip on my hand, making sure I wouldn't get lost in the massive building. His skin was abnormally smooth and felt amazing.

Once we were on the floor we began dancing. It was crowded and I could feel all of the sweaty people around me, and I was beginning to feel the effects of the alcohol. After about thirty seconds of dancing with Ville we broke apart somehow and I was left dancing with a stranger. I wasn't sure how I was going to find Ville again, but the alcohol convinced me not to care about that at the moment. Me and the man I was with were having a great time. I was passed around the dance floor often, but again, didn't care much. At the end of one song i was feeling very tired so i walked over to the bar. The man who had most recently been my dance partner followed me very closely, asking if he could buy me a drink. I wasn't really used to his kind of treatment, but i nodded and smiled. He ordered two drinks.

"Where are you from?" He asked. He was tall and strongly built with blond spiked hair, looking like he spent a lot of time on his looks. He was naturally handsome, but it was somewhat lost in his over excessively primped features.

"New York. How about you?" I asked, sipping my fruity drink.

"California. What's your name?"

"Molly."

"Hi Molly, I'm Jeremy." he held out his hand for me to shake. I laughed and shook it.

"Nice to meet you. Thanks for the dance. And the drink."

I started to think about where Ville was, but the pressure to find him subsided soon after. Jeremy continued to talk me up, but i was getting drunk and wasn't really understanding what he was saying over the music.

I finished my drink, and Jeremy bought me another. I started to really worry about where Ville was. I told Jeremy to wait for me as i ran up to our booth quickly to see if he was there. The table was just as we had left it. I gazed down onto the dance floor and couldn't spot Ville anywhere. I figured if it came down to it, I would meet him back at the hotel.