The Roxettes

X

Flare woke gasping in Paul's arms.

"What the..?" she breathed, looking around the room.

It was the room of the party, where they'd had sex again.

"Did you think that was strange?" Paul's voice scared Flare.

"What?"

"Having sex again after 3 weeks, it was pretty fucking amazing. You fell asleep there, by the way,"

It had all been a dream. Paul cheating, Paul getting hit, everything. She was back in that warm room with Paul, nestled in his arms. There would be no bear guy barging in to ruin everything.

These are the words she wished she could say. But if she said them, she'd be lying, wouldn't she? Paul did cheat at the party with Delilah again, Paul did get hit.

Paul didn't survive the accident.

It haunted her to her core. Part of her says, "He was a jerk. He cheated, he deserved it."
The other said, "A human life did not have to be taken away as a result."
And another said, "How the fuck could I have trusted him again?"

But it all happened, and there was nothing she could do to erase it. The only clear image of that night was his terrifying, startled green eyes searing into hers as he stumbled out into the road. The silver volvo throwing him up in the air as the bonnet cracked his legs and he flew up about 8 feet, soaring over the car. The loud crunch as his body smacked the pavement like a concrete bag. The loud squealing of the tires as the car escaped from the horror it had committed, gunning down the road and out of sight.

Flare and the driver were the only witnesses. But people had heard the squealing. First Angelica came out of the house, looking slightly irritated at the racket outside. And then she saw Paul's lifeless body on the road, and Flare wide-eyed and trembling on the pavement. All hell broke loose. Everyone came rushing out, 911 calls were made, people yelling and shouting and general mayhem engulfing the scene. Flare had a blanket thrown over her and was left with Heidi.

They both sat on the pavement, the chaos happening before their eyes, sirens drowning their ears. Heidi had her arms thrown over Flare, and Flare was still shaking and quaking, head in hands, bawling her eyes out.

Why couldn't it have been me?
♠ ♠ ♠
For all the people who said Flare should have been hit, that would change the set path of the story so you'll see later on why this accident was important =).

Comments make me happy, so make my day and drop one off =)

Thanks =)