The Roxettes

V

Angelica stood outside the school gates, leaning against the wall. Her long legs were crossed and she looked impatient, watching the street. Her long brown hair was straightened to perfection, and her make-up looked as if it had been applied by angels. She was hardly wearing a skirt at all, more like a piece of cloth peeking out from under her top. Her t-shirt was tight and hot pink, and she wore a classy leather jacket over it. She wore pearls on her neck to make up the sophistication lost in her leg-wear.

It was a cold morning for September, the sun was projecting dim streams of light through the bulky clouds, but it let it out as if it wasn't bothered, and the only sound was birds singing from their branches. It was quiet, but it was half seven in the morning. Usually, Angelica arrived to school just before the bell went, so she and The Roxettes could walk in together, with the whole school watching as they walked proudly down the hall, hair flicking and all.

Today was different, though. Angelica breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Flare shuffling up the street, head down and hands in pockets. Angelica noted that this was not a way for a Roxette to walk, but she decided to leave it for now. She stood out on the footpath, waving at Flare. Flare looked up, but did not wave back. Bitch.

Finally, Flare was face-to-face with Angelica.

"What do you want?" Flare asked tonelessly.

"Ok, you're being a total bitch right now," Angelica said bluntly.

Flare's eyes widened a bit. She was completely thrown back.

"I'm being a bitch? Jesus, Ange, you're the one being a bitch! There's, like, so many problems going on in the group and all you're doing is having sex with Brian! Aren't you supposed to be the leader, or captain, or something?" Flare almost shouted, anger surging in her voice.

Angelica did not even blink.

"Well, I've noticed there are a lot of problems going on recently. You and Delilah, you and me, you and Paul. It's all you, Flare. I'm afraid I'm going to have to kick you out if you continue to be a total pain. It's not good for The Roxettes, Roxanne wouldn't be happy with you right now," a flicker of emotion passed in her eyes when she mentioned Roxanne, "You're bringing us down,"

Flare laughed a bit crazily.

"That's what you wanted to talk to me about? All this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Delilah. She's the one who cheated,"

"Paul made the move on her, Flare," Angelica said this as if it was actually acceptable.

"My ass," Flare shot back.

"Well, sort it out, or else you'll be kicked out,"

The air was suffocatingly tense between them, so Flare stormed into the school, enraged, leaving Angelica behind applying even more lip-gloss.